PLEASE HELP!! What IS this?!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, let us know how the vet visit goes. I am not completely convinced it is fungal. Since it isn't
improving though, it would be a good idea to get a culture to determine if it is fungal & if so, what
type it is.
You could consider trying a silver gel, for help with clearing up skin ailments.

Tracie

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Other vet finally texted me back. I want the new vet's opinion first since this one didn't do a culture. Why play guessing games with medication when you can just identify the problem right the first time???

Do you guys know anything about Voriconazole? @Drache613
Screenshot_20230711_173820_Messages.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have the results yet or have you gotten a culture done?
The Voriconazole is a routinely used oral anti-fungal & is pretty effective. It doesn't come
without side effects though. All of the anti-fungal oral medications are somewhat hard on
the kidneys so that has to be taken into consideration. Keeping them well hydrated & on a
probiotic during medication rounds is a must especially for fungal treatment.

Tracie

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Hello,

Do you have the results yet or have you gotten a culture done?
The Voriconazole is a routinely used oral anti-fungal & is pretty effective. It doesn't come
without side effects though. All of the anti-fungal oral medications are somewhat hard on
the kidneys so that has to be taken into consideration. Keeping them well hydrated & on a
probiotic during medication rounds is a must especially for fungal treatment.

Tracie
No results/culture. I wasn't able to get an appointment with the new vet any earlier than the 16th, so it'll be a little bit. The current vet wants to prescribe Voriconazole without even doing one. He only put her under a black light and called it ringworm. For her new vet appointment I specifically requested getting a culture though, so we will find out.

I didn't put the athlete's foot cream on her yesterday because even after a night's sleep she was still super scared of me in the morning, and I spent the whole day slowly getting her to be normal with me again.

I'm honestly scared to continue because it obviously hurts her when I touch it. It's not the cream; even without it she twitches and tries to run away if I touch it. I might try raw honey again today instead, but I feel so bad about it.

On a separate note, the current vet is giving me a hard time trying to get Pancake's medical records. I can't access them via the website, even though they said on the phone I should be able to. I called them a second time and said "I just sent your office an email, can you guys just reply to it with her medical records so that I'll definitely get it?" They told me,"I'll tell the receptionist to do it."

That was yesterday, and they never sent it to me. I'm gonna try calling again today, but I'm hoping I won't have to drive all the way up there and tell them to print it out. I want to have it for the new vet.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I've had to go and justvrefuse ro move until they sentvthem once, i don't know why they make such a big deal out it, you paid from them after all.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

How are things going with your girl? I hope you are able to get copies of the records, because you
paid for them!
Hopefully the raw honey helps out for her more than the cream will. I don't really recommend just
automatically placing her on the oral anti-fungal without trying to verify it with a culture.

Tracie

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Hello!

How are things going with your girl? I hope you are able to get copies of the records, because you
paid for them!
Hopefully the raw honey helps out for her more than the cream will. I don't really recommend just
automatically placing her on the oral anti-fungal without trying to verify it with a culture.

Tracie
I finally got access to the records on the website, but I think the reason it took a whole 24 hours was because they had to find all my receipts and just plug in what they charged me for. Nowhere in her records does it even say what she's had surgery for (it was a spay), or mention when I brought her in for a swollen toe, or mention fungus at all. I was hoping her x-ray images would be in there too but they aren't.

It only says stuff like "exotic exam," "exotic x-ray," and medications they've charged me for. I can't even find out what type of antibiotics she was on post-surgery because it just says "antibiotic injection."

They've weighed her during her visits but the section for weight is empty. Her "birthday" says she was born in the year 1970.

I fully believe her records were empty due to laziness and they scrambled to throw it together. They're totally incomplete and useless to me. I wanted them so the new vet could have them, but this doesnt tell him anything about her medical history!! I can't even print it out.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I would report that vet to the BBB and hit every forum and articulate how horrible you and you beardie have been treated. They only time businesses like that pay attention is when you hurt their wallet.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
I would report that vet to the BBB and hit every forum and articulate how horrible you and you beardie have been treated. They only time businesses like that pay attention is when you hurt their wallet.
I should. Some other things I haven't mentioned is that they have roaches, hang up on you while you're on hold, and the vet has come into an appointmeny saying "Sorry for the wait, I had to do a surgery" and his fingernails were caked in dirt. I only went there because he was the only reptile vet I could find by searching on Google. Thank goodness you guys helped me find somewhere else. I wasn't sure if it was allowed here, but should I say the name of the vet?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I should. Some other things I haven't mentioned is that they have roaches, hang up on you while you're on hold, and the vet has come into an appointmeny saying "Sorry for the wait, I had to do a surgery" and his fingernails were caked in dirt. I only went there because he was the only reptile vet I could find by searching on Google. Thank goodness you guys helped me find somewhere else. I wasn't sure if it was allowed here, but should I say the name of the vet?
You need to get the name out there --- they need to be identified as incompetent as they are --- report them to the BBB ---

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I would.
Here in vegas Aloha animal is one I try not to use. The vets seem ok but customer service is horrible.
And Lone Mountain I refuse to ever use again. I literally had to stand between the door and the vet there on two different occasions to get her to talk to me, they killed one of my beardies, AFTER refusing to even try to help her (it was end of day when I took her in, their answer was to euthanize her in stead of trying to help her) I took a ferret there for dental issues, they treated her forcm ear mites (that she didn't have)and a friggen bowel obstruction or some nonsense and didn't even look at her teeth, that trip cost over a grand and they didn't help her at all.
I frequent 6 or 7 reptile shops here and I'm lightning fast to warn people away from both of those.

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
It's Riverside Animal Hospital in Jacksonville FL, run by Dr. Rossi and his incompetent staff.

I want to call them and give them a piece of my mind, but I know it won't do any good. I'm just so angry. I'm reading about the laws for veterinary medical records right now and Pancake's sorry excuse for a record literally goes against the requirements of the law: 61G18-18.002. Maintenance of Medical Records, 61G18-18. Medical Records Of Deceased Veterinarians; Retention, Time Limitations, 61G18. Board of Veterinary Medicine, 61. Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Florida Administrative Code

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I was lucky enough to find the vet I have --- there are two in my area the first one I went to I was not impressed and then found Dr Nancy Corwardin -- she is listed on the arav.org site --- she is very good --

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
I am going to be trying Dr. Justin Fyfe at Pet Doctors of America. He showed up on arav.org and surprise surprise, I didn't even see Dr. Rossi on there despite his website claiming that he's "one of the country’s leading authorities in reptile medicine." Unbelievable. Did I mention that he gave her an x-ray to rule out injury first before putting her under a black light to check for fungus (a $10 charge) so that he could charge me the extra $300? I must have. I barely have a job because they cut my hours so badly and I'm only a student; they've totally taken advantage of my willingness to spend my savings on Pancake.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am going to be trying Dr. Justin Fyfe at Pet Doctors of America. He showed up on arav.org and surprise surprise, I didn't even see Dr. Rossi on there despite his website claiming that he's "one of the country’s leading authorities in reptile medicine." Unbelievable. Did I mention that he gave her an x-ray to rule out injury first before putting her under a black light to check for fungus (a $10 charge) so that he could charge me the extra $300? I must have. I barely have a job because they cut my hours so badly and I'm only a student; they've totally taken advantage of my willingness to spend my savings on Pancake.
Ok that is bad if Dr Rossi is on that website -- and yes you did mention the x ray --

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom