PLEASE HELP I THINK SOMETHING IS ALIVE IN MY BEARDIES TUMMY

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Beardies can be really hardy. I know canned pumpkin works awesome, and some people on the forums here swear by it. He should be in the bath for a good 20 minutes. We are pulling for you. He will probably make it if you can get him to poop. Not everything happens instantly. When my beardie was impacted, it took him a good hour or two to pass. Remember, whatever is causing the impaction has to go through the rest of the intestines, which isn't instantaneous.

Any one of those three can work, the dropper, the baby spoon, or the syringe. I'd say the syringe would be the most accurate. It depends on what you have in the house at the moment.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
You are doing a great job! As mpinsky said, it can take a while for your beardie to pass the impaction.

Were you able to massage him while in the bath?

kodobeardie

Original Poster
ok my bf just went to the store to get it i am messageing him he is moving but if i get him to poop will he live because i just want to have
both of my beardies grow up nice and big

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
I haven't tried canoloa, but I know olive oil can work. Applesauce and pumpkin work even better, because it tastes better for them so they're more inclined to try it.

The first thing you need to realize when dealing with a problem with your beardie is to calm down. Panic can cause you to rush things.

Yes, once he poops, he will be fine (you'll still need to change your set up, though so it doesn't happen again).

kodobeardie

Original Poster
Ok well he is back and he got Apple sauce and he got the pumpkin we are trying just the pumpkin right now and
he is wondering wat kind of sand would work the best

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Sand is OK (it MUST be sifted, unbleached playsand), but if you are this worried about another impaction, I'd say use a non-substrate surface. Tile is very popular and looks nice (you can see many examples in the enclosure forum), but for now, paper towel or newspaper will be your best bet.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Please stay away from the sand. You do not want to use any loose particle substrates at all! Sand is only recommended for adult beardies.
Use papertowels, reptile carpet or tile, but no sand, walnut shells, pellets, etc.... You will only take the risk of this happening again.

kodobeardie

Original Poster
Ok that was onlyy for future reference and thank you so much for helping us in our time of need
we both really appreatiate it and we think it will be ok she ate the pumpkin and now we are messaging and we are about to change the tank around a bit

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Keep up the baths and massaging. The more the better!
Also give him some more pumpkin.
Keep us posted on how he is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom