PLEASE HELP I THINK SOMETHING IS ALIVE IN MY BEARDIES TUMMY

Status
Not open for further replies.
my little beardie was fine when i first got him 2 days ago and was seemingly fine the next day but wouldnt eat and was sleeping 98% of the day with small bursts of energy
but for the passed 15 hours he has barley been able too move him self.. he falls off his log when he trys to move and curls his limbs close too him
will then start twisting his body and roll over or roll around, he is swallowing constantly but wont eat
when he was rolled over int he tank and i looked over and noticed i saw something like there was something MOVING inside his stomach he didnt want to roll himself over so i watched too see waht was happening.. he was swallowing alot, one side of him was much larger than the other, and then it would gradually move too the other side.. it seemed as though the closest arm too the larger side of his stomach was holding it... it moved and he used his other arm
he cant move himself, keep his eyes open, or even stand
Please help me!! i looked through other pages and saw huge list of questions so i figured id be a step ahead and fill it out i need info ASAP there is NO reptile vet within 3hours drive of me

How old is your dragon? 4-12 weeks
How long have you had your dragon? 3 days
How long is your dragon? 3-4 inches
What is the sex of your dragon? not sure
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 30 gallon
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? wood chips
Do you use UVB lights? just one and i nevcer had it from the start got it lastnight
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? Coil
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? reptiglow 2.0 (after reashering i seen that i need the 10.0 the pet store recomended the 2.0....)
How old is your UVB bulb?brand new
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? 4inches at closest
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? yes 100W Exo terra
What are the basking temps? 82-86.f
What is the cool side temp? 77-79.f
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? stick thermometer
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? guessing case i dont have a 2nd thermometer
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? No
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. meal worms, baby crickets, also have lettuce, carrot and melon in dish along with parsnips (only have eaten the cricket and meal wrom)
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? 2x more if he actually eats, early afternoon late night depending
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? no
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? exo terra calcium have used it frequently
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? havent seen it no
Do you bath your dragon? How often? have 2 times since getting him
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? mist them also have a watering dish
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? yes
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? no

kodobeardie

Original Poster
something to add he/she frequently stops breathing.
the other beardie is a few weeks older, double in size and is perfectly fine

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
I doubt there is anything "alive" in your beardie's tummy. Stomach acids are pretty strong, though sometime the occassional feeder (mostly the larvae ones) will pass through still alive. Your beardie could be impacted (this is just my assumption). Has your beardie passed a stool recently? If not, put him in the bath (water should be no higher than his armpits) and massage gently from armpits to vent. Baths are super important.

You need the ReptiSUN 10.0 tube. A good one can be ordered off of petmountain.com for a good price. ReptiGLO bulbs are not the best bulb and are known to cause eye problems. For the most part, pet stores really have no idea what they are talking about.

If your beardie is not breathing, that is not a good sign, and I'd say drive the three hours to the vet to figure out what is wrong. No one can replace the care of a vet.

kodobeardie

Original Poster
i have no vehicle nor do i have time to get there..
what about the sharp angel he does and turns over??
twitching limbs... almost constant swallowing?

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Twitching limbs is usually a sign of MBD, which is where they don't get enough calcium.

I've never heard of the sharp angle, but again, it could be a serious case of impaction.

Wood chips aren't really a good substrate for them either. They hold moisture, which can cause the beardie to have a respiratory infection. I'd say switch it out with newspapers or paper towels for now.

Your beardie should only be able to get 6"-12" inches away from the UVB. It can hurt their eyes. It's like looking into the sun for them. Your basking temps are also too low. Babies should have 100-105 F for their basking temp. I'd say lowering the basking bulb more so they can digest easier.

I'm going to PM a mod for you who will give you better help than I can.

kodobeardie

Original Poster
Thank you very much and how do i get about messegeing him to make him poop i am kinda confused on wat to do

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
When he's in the bath, what I usually do is take a my index and middle fingers on each hand (while holding the top of him gently with my thumbs) and make slow circles from under his armpits to his vent. You should be gentle, but have firm pressure (be especially gentle with how small your beardies are). You can also put some rice in a sock and warm that up for a few seconds in the microwave and then put your beardie on top of that and wrap both up in a towel.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
It does sound like your beardie is impacted. While he is in the warm water, very gently massage(with your fingertips)his right side starting from his armpit and ending at his vent(slit at base of tail). If you feel hard lumps or areas in his belly while you are doing this...concentrate on those areas by gently massaging in a circular motion. What you are trying to do is break up any masses in his belly that are causing the blockage.
Try this and let us know how he is doing.

kodobeardie

Original Poster
Ok well is he supposed to be upside down?
and his stomach is fairly bloated i am unsure what to do and ill i want is to keep him alive

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
After you have tried the massaging in the water. Laying him on a warmed up rice sock is good like mpinsky mentioned. You can also try putting him on a heating pad on the lowest setting.

If you have any unsweetened applesauce or canned pumpkin(no sugar) in the house. You could give your beardie some of that either in a small dropper, a syringe(no needle) or spoon. Mix in with the applesauce or pumpkin 1-2 smalldrops of either olive oil or mineral oil. Try putting small drops of the mixture onto your beardies nose to get him to lick it off. This will help moves things along so that your beardie may go poop.
You mentioned not having a car, so if you don't have any or some of these things I mentioned...maybe you could borrow some from a neighbor that is home.

kodobeardie

Original Poster
Ok well answer me this than how am i supposed to message his belly than
And he still isnt pooping... And his stomach is indeed bloated and his lil stomach is changeing again and one side
is bigger than the other side and i dont kno what to do how do i get the bloating to go down and how do i message him
and is he going to survive?

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Make slow circles from under his armpits to his vent with your fingertips. You should be gentle, but have firm pressure (be especially gentle with how small your beardies are).

He will most likely survive if you get him to pass a stool. The method we are giving is pretty much a tried and true method that works a good amount of the time. Sometimes it might take them an hour or two. It doesn't always happen instantly (though we beardie owners wish it did).

I personally use an eyedropper and drip it on the tip of his nose so he'll lick it off, but a needleless syringe works just as well. If you have really good control, and if you have nothing else, you can drip it from a small baby spoon.

kodobeardie

Original Poster
So it is not going to survive?
And how can i possibly save him i care about him so much and i didnt sleep last night because i was worried
i just want him to live to grow up to be happy not like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom