Pinkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i got a question about pinkie mice for beardies. 1ST since pinkies have bones would it impact a beardie to eat one? 2ND if i did feed my beardie pinkies would it be ok to feed them once a week?

Yes they are ok, but once a week would be way to much. the most would be once a month IMO. people do it mainly after or before a female lays a clucth

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
No it is not a good idea to feed pinkies at all! They for one can cause impaction and 2 carry more parasites then regular feeders. Their is no need to feed them to your pooper, just feed a well balanced diet as in salad and feeders, crickets, Phoenix worms, silk and horn worms, and roaches and you will be fine! I dont even feed them to my females during or after birth because I feel their is no need to. Hope this helps.

if you do use pinkies i suggest using prekilled frozen feeders and feeding them no more than once a month. many breeders and stores will use pinkies for underweight dragons or females before and after a clutch. if you use them remember they are a huge treat like you or i eating a whole cake in one sitting.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Though some feed pinkies once a month, I'm with Lance on this one and choose to avoid them. Not only do you risk impaction or parasites from them, you also risk the tiny bones damaging the esophogus (throat), stomach or intestinal tract. I don't feel it's necessary for gravid females, or after birth either. Stick with roaches, crickets, supers, hornworms and silkworms and offer a variety of good greens and your dragon will get all the nutrition it needs without the use of pinkies. Just my opinion.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
I am so mad at myself right now because earlier I found an article that really drew doubt to the idea of pinkies being bad and causing an impaction risk, and now I can't find it. It was related to monitors but the principles held true universally.

DragonDude24

Original Poster
GoFast":3d42b said:
I am so mad at myself right now because earlier I found an article that really drew doubt to the idea of pinkies being bad and causing an impaction risk, and now I can't find it. It was related to monitors but the principles held true universally.

well if you find the article let me know! :D

DragonDude24

Original Poster
i just read something that said when they are day old pinkies their bones are like cartlidge which makes them easy to digest. Anybody know how true this is?

NuKe

Hatchling Member
After seeing a video of it on youtube im not sure if i could ever do it lol. It cant run or defend itself its almost sad to watch lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom