Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toruk is almost 3 months old and is now 8 inches long and eats like a pig and is constantly shedding. His colors are so vibrant!
168358_494405166440_513881440_6366339_620210_n.jpg

168334_494405636440_513881440_6366343_4825123_n.jpg

167590_494405131440_513881440_6366338_7885088_n.jpg

165702_494405556440_513881440_6366342_7774037_n.jpg

163248_494405196440_513881440_6366340_8126473_n.jpg

Grogshla

Juvie Member
p.s how are your russians for pets??
would you recommend to get one as a pet? I hear that they brumate for 8 months or so is this true?
I have always loved them

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I love them as a pet. Easy to take care of. and they are loveable. for the most haha. My two Meeko and Kira are characters! They wait at the corner or the tank in the morning thinking they will get fed when I feed them every other day. They haven't brumated yet because one they might not be old enough and two where I live, the weather is not really built for their natural habitat.

I would say get them as a pet. They will last for like 50 or more years and my mom who doesn't like reptiles loves the tortoises and the beardie. I say YES get one!

libby

Do you keep the beardies and russians in the same viv? Reason I ask is my oldest daughter has had a russian( miss Penny Lane) for about a yr or so now. It would be great to have one big viv for both. She might take her back to school with her but I think she would like the idea of the two of them rooming together if posible to do.

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
We don't only because right now my russians are at the curious stage and Toruk is still little. I would try to put them in one tank to see how they do like a trial and error deal before you know its going to work. It may not work...I have shown them Toruk and they look at him but I haven't officially introduced them together yet...

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
He's a cutie!

I would really not recommend the russians and dragons housed together. first of all, russians and beardies have different climate needs. Beardies require a hotter basking spot. Plus, bds are solitary and territorial, and can be aggressive towards other animals. there aren't very many, if any reptiles species that can safely live together.

ReptileGuardian

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
If you put them in an area for a short amount of time maybe they will behave together. When I eventually put them all together I will have them all in the living room in case something bad happens I am there to stop it right away. Yeah I didn't put together the fact that they have different climates.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Toruk is adorable! :love5:

Personally I wouldn't suggest the housing of 2 different creatures together. Especially being that beardies are solitary and perfer to have their own home...territorial. Plus the tortoise needs slightly different conditions like requires a higher humidity whereas if you place a beardie in an enviroment like that they would contact a URI. I'm not sure about the tortoise but I can tell you that my box turtle and my beardies do not get along so can not roam the house at the same time. My male beardies try to attack Mr. Turtle and he tries to bite my female beardies tails.

libby

ok so housing them together is not the best idea. So i will see how they like visiting each other.since they are both young maybe they will adapt and be cordial to each other.I do have a space in my family room that i can house them next to each other.If they approve of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom