Phoenix worm quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyGoats

Hatchling Member
Considering their size, how would a healthy daily amount of phoenix worms compare to that of crickets?

neecie

Juvie Member
I never count..........just feed them for 10 minutes or till he's no longer interested in eating.

IcyGoats

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. Although, I leave a dish in the vivarium all day, and besides from that, I'm having problems with feeding, so i'm looking for a number.

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
If you have a big eater, then the number of crickets could be pretty comparable to the number of phoenix worms...Pudge is slowing down, but I have no doubt that she would have eaten an entire tub (100) phoenix worms in one sitting if I'd ever let her. I try to limit it to around 20 at a time, because if she wolfs down too many at once, they don't get digested very well.

IcyGoats

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ScooterBlenny":0f345 said:
If you have a big eater, then the number of crickets could be pretty comparable to the number of phoenix worms...Pudge is slowing down, but I have no doubt that she would have eaten an entire tub (100) phoenix worms in one sitting if I'd ever let her. I try to limit it to around 20 at a time, because if she wolfs down too many at once, they don't get digested very well.

Ah, I'm jealous. My dragon's daily intake is currently ranging from 0 - 25 live feeders and a small amount of greens. :(

Maize

Hatchling Member
My 9 week old beardie will not eat crickets anymore and pretty much wont eat her greens. If I give her worms she goes crazy! I'm glad she will eat worms but I hate the fact that she is being so picky since she is supposed to eat some greens. What do I do? Plus buying Phoenix Worms for her normal diet is gonna get very expensive.

neecie

Juvie Member
Yes, truthfully, worms are expensive...........the cheap mealworms are not good and can be harmful. Mostly young beardies do not eat much of their salad (many, hardly) - but keep having some available every day.
Eventually (mine is 11 months old and having most of it now) they will. Now that mine is 19" he gets one large hornworm for lunch and one for dinner. Those big hornworms are equivalent to many small worms, are very nutritious and good hydration cuz they're juicy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom