Phinex worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
OKie becuase I cant a forum anywhere about it does anyone have any exsperiance rasing and breeding phionex worms / soilder flys? If so can they help me figure out how to and what I need for it?

spyder79

Extreme Poster
I am sorry I do not know anything about the keeping and raising of these maggots/flies and most that do know how are tight lipped about it (dont want more people coming in taking money from them). But maybe if you ask reptiworms on here he may be willing to divulge some info. I am sending him a link to this to see what he has to say.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Just about breeding and raising :)btw im a future customer of yours next month XD Gotta wait till i get paid. Mainly im looking to try to raise them so that thier big enough for him to eat. Breeding seems to be a hasle. Im not looking to distrubute or sell em IM only buying them for him XD he takes up most of my time I swear he thinks hes a sugar glider.

I just need someone to give me some pointers on the conditions to raise them in and the feed i need to give them

Reptiworms

Hatchling Member
no problem at all. lets start off with the extra small size I have of the Black Solider Fly Grubs (Reptiworms).
What you will want to do is put them in a plastic container of some sort. you can get them at walmart. It doenst need to be very big. Just something to hold twice the size of the worms (but remember they will grow)
You will want to feed them a corn meal mash. you can get it at your grocery store. You will want to mix 1 part water to 1 part meal. It will be the consistency of mashed potatoes almost. You will want to put the worms in with the same amount of food. So lets say you have 1" deep of worms you will put in 1" of food. This is done about twice a week. You can tell when they need new food as the worms will turn the mash black. Also the bottom of the plastic container will be very hot from bio-waste. Each time you change the food you will want to sift the worms and throw away the waste (or use it in your garden as its a very good fertilizer). That is pretty much all that is needed to make them grow. Please note that they can grow very fast if you feed them a lot and they create a large amount of ammonia so make sure you do it in a well ventilated place. I would also suggest doing it at room temperature. Once you get the worms to the size you want you will want to remove them from the food and you can cool them down in a wine fridge (50-60 degrees F). they can last for over a month in a wine fridge. At room temp. they can last 2-3 weeks without needing any food.

I do sell the extra small on the website (www.Reptiworms.com).
Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thankyou for the information :3 and ill be sure to keep in touch since i need to buy him large every few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom