Papaya and Pineapple's Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Original Poster
tazznzeppelin":3292mnbs said:
She reminds me of my 1 year old male Zeppelin, he's hypo trans leather too. He looks pretty similar to the pic of Papaya's mom that you posted.

Does he have his own thread? :) I would love to see what he looks like.

tazznzeppelin":3292mnbs said:
I bring my 2 new babies here with me during the week too so I can make sure they are eating and all that good stuff..

Do you have 2 set ups for them? One at home and one at work? I have been looking for big white bins to be used as travel tanks or when I have to leave them with a friend when I go on vacation. Two 20 gallon tanks aren't too bad. But it will be impossible to keep moving two 48" x 24" melamine cages when they are adults. LOL

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Yes they have a separate set-up here at work, lights and all. It used to be Tazz's cage when she was smaller.
They do have their own thread, it's called Tazz and Zeppelin tales. It's in the beardie tales section.
Amy

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Day 2 Update

She didn't touch any of the veggies or the dubias at all today while I was at work. Luckily, the 1000 1/4" crickets from Ghann's Cricket Farm arrived! That's the size the breeder told me to get. I guess that's what she recognized as food because she ate them all within a few minutes. I also added in 10 1/4" dubias in the feeding tub hoping that she would accidentally eat one, and she did! It didn't take her very long to conclude that the dubias were very yummy. Also scattered pieces of collard greens and butternut squash on the floor. She ate all those, too. I haven't seen her eat veggies from the dish yet. She seems to like them on the floor.

So 20 crickets and 30 dubias in 1 hour! After her dinner, I filled her feeding tub with warm water (105F according to the temp gun). She pooped in it within a couple of minutes! She has yet to poop in the tank. It would be great if I can get her to only poop in water.

Here is Papaya's first sexy leg picture.

IMG_5271.jpg

Close up on her completely black eyes and translucent scales.

IMG_5276-1.jpg

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Day 4 Update

She has been eating great and gained 2 grams. She has been pooping in her bath everyday except today while I was away. She pooped in her salad bowl instead. LOL

She definitely prefers dubias over crickets and to eat at her own leisure rather than being put in the feeding bin with the crickets. Here's Papaya checking out the next set of dubias I just refilled. I only put in 10 at time or they climb on one another and get out of the ashtray.

IMG_5302.jpg

She really doesn't like the camera getting so close. Look at all the stress marks! :eek:

IMG_5309.jpg

Watching Daddy play World of Warcraft.

IMG_5310.jpg

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the compliments! :D

It's been exactly 7 days since I have had Papaya. When I first got her, she was 17 grams and 7". She's now 27 grams and 8"!! :shock: She's been in shed for the past few days. Here are some pictures.

Check out that fat belly! She's been eating about 40 - 50 dubias everyday with some butternut squash and collard greens. I use a glass container in the background for the dubias. The only times the dubias can escape from there is when she hangs out in there and the dubias use her as an escape route to climb out. I also sprinkle some veggies in there for the dubias. I'm sure she has eaten some veggies in there, too. She's been pooping in here yesterday and today!

IMG_5313.jpg

Close up of big fat belly.

IMG_5312.jpg

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
She looks great! 10 grams in the first week is awesome too. Some are so stressed out they don't gain any weight at first. Your doing a very good job, keep up the good work.
Amy :D

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Papaya is now 30g. I took her outside on Monday because it was unusually warm. It was her first time outside. She was very fascinated by the sky and was staring at it the whole time.

83163306-E7BD-4A41-9A7E-85BCE526490D-10604-00000AE2D66D82E3.jpg

The shed on her back is finally coming off after it first turned white a week ago. She has been running around the tank rubbing against the floor.

Papaya2012-10-17.jpg

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Nice! She's gonna be so bright when she's done. Kalypso is shedding today too. She was rubbing her face on her basking rock this morning before I left. I can't wail to get home and see her!

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She's now 42g! Am I overfeeding her? Sometimes her back is completely round if you look at her from the top. :lol:

She loves dubias and butternut squash. She now poops twice a day in her dubia dish... She hasn't pooped in bath for a while now.

Papaya2012-10-23a42g.jpg

Papaya2012-10-23b42g.jpg

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Your not over feeding her. She will eat what she wants and then stop. Tera is 60 grams now and poor Kalypso is only 32 and they are fed the same amount at the same time every day. Tera just likes to eat a little more right now. They are all different, as long as your not force feeding her I don't think she's being over fed.

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have had Papaya for a month and a couple of days now. She's now 83 grams! She basically grew almost 5 times and at around 16.5 grams a week! She loves her dubias...!

Here's a picture of her basking spot on my desk watching World of Warcraft. Her back is in shed again.

IMG_5476.jpg

mudskipper

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here's Pineapple's first picture! I think it's a he. He should arrive next week :) He's a leatherback citrus from April and Rocket at Fire and Ice.

218A0DB7-17A8-4125-AED4-814E746B1C98-1680-000001FA744C958F.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom