Out of date veg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I go by when the go "off" since they don't have dates. If I wouldn't eat them they go straight to the bugs.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I'm not sure how yours are packaged. I buy bunches/heads that are just banded together, no dates. That said, I'll eat food if it's past the best used by date but not gone off yet. Maybe I'm just gross.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My rule of thumb was if I wouldn't eat it anymore, I wouldn't feed it to Cooper. Just went out to the store and picked up what looked fresh to replace what was going bad. With Kale, I found that the slightly old/off stuff works best for making Kale chips (for me) so that went to good use.

TheReptile838

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks
I have rabbits which have collard greens and when they go past the best before date, i still feed them and have done for 3 years no problem. I was just wondering if that is ok for a beardie

BeardieCW

I would recommend not feeding out of date veggies, or fruits. You wouldn't want to take a chance of your beardie getting sick. I use the same rule as the posts before, if I wouldn't eat it, I don't feed it to my beardie.

Maybe if it's a day or so. But anytime after that, probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom