Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
VenusAndSaturn":27gglouf said:
I checked her enclosure for eggs just in case, couldn't find any so thats good but if she lays anymore... which I hope she doesn't and if she does then I hope they are infertile. After all for the most part her first clutch has turned out mostly infertile or pretty bad so I assume the next clutch will be entirely infertile...hopefully.

Only good thing about this is Neptune is too young to lay or cycle her eggs, because if she was laying eggs right now along with Venus I'm pretty sure they would drive me insane.
Hmm, I Hope so too. I'm pretty sure eight mouths to feed would be enough for you!

and I agree, If I had multiple beardies laying eggs that would drive me up the wall! :lol:

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah I was thinking about that, however I feel like my cat would be an extra nuisance then. She doesn't mind the reptiles and is more terrified of them than anything but jumping in tubs where she isn't supposed to be is a specialty of hers.

Sadly can not kick her out of my room, shes sort of an outcast from the rest of the animals. Just last night my eldest cat, Cinderella chased her from the kitchen into my room.. luckily no damage done. However a few nights before our male cat, Max chased her and got a decent chunk of fur from her rear. The dogs dont seem to mind her too much but the cats hate her.

I've seen the thing your talking about before.
And yeah 8 mouths to feed is enough for right now, maybe if I ever get into breeding later on more mouths wouldn't be such a big deal but for now I'm good with just 8 or so.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hmm, Thankfully my cat is now an indoor/outdoor cat and lives in our spare building that's heated so she can't get to the beardies.

I Hope your cat gets better at defending herself. My cat sounds a lot like her. :) View media item 60676 View media item 61116 (The patch of bare skin used to be a huge mat so it had to be shaved out).

I also Used to want to breed but once I found out the cost and such I decided against it. Plus I Don't think I would be able to feed multiple babies 3X a day and go through a few thousand bugs each month. I'm busy enough with my four beardies, Crested Gecko and cat. Lol.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, babies are really expensive. And If I did ever breed it would definitely be when I at least have a few good colonies of bugs setup for food along with tons of tanks/tubs for the babies to be in. And of course probably whenever we move, as I would then have more space then I do now.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Just had her out on my bed, I was giving her liquid calcium and dusted crickets along with a few superworms. And before I could do anything she pooped once again. Maybe thats why she's a bit bloated?

89510-5253501395.jpg
Heres a picture of her right now.

And then a picture of her on Thursday.
89510-5733702071.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Hmm, She does look different and a bit bloated. I Don't notice anything wrong with her except that her hip bones and tail bones are showing. Is she less bloated now that she pooped? I Love the harness btw :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just weighed her and shes back up to 480 grams... I'm wondering if its all the food I gave her last night along with all the water she drank. I swear she drank for like 20 minutes in total at the very least.

Her fat pads look good now, same with her tail for the most part (still a bit skinny) and she's even got her normal pudgy belly. Which at this point in seeing what happens when she looses a bit of weight rather than being obese I'm staring to think thats just how she normally is.
She's always been quite the heavy bodied beardie compared to the other two who are more slim.

Also on the bloated part she does not feel/look bloated anymore.

Going to the vet soon still, as it's still odd and I'm worried about her health and want to make sure everythings fine. We should be leaving soon.. although its only 11:14 AM I think we may stop and get something to eat on our way there as it is a bit of a drive, not too long luckily.

Maybe one day the vet can see her nice happy colors if she gets used to going on trips, last time she went she was so stressed out and dark.. probably because she was about to lay and because she hates going anywhere thats not familiar.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
At the vet now, Venus is handling this a lot better than last time it seems. Although not so happy when anyone is moving around over her.

The vet said he didn’t exaxtly know what it could be, we’re thinking she may have possibly laid eggs and then ate them? He’s running a fecal test right now so just waiting for him to come back.

I’ll post pictures when I’m back home as I only have my phone right now.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Hmm. I've never heard of a beardie eating her eggs but I'm sure it could happen. Maybe to get back nutrients? :?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah thats why its really odd.

I'll be posting pictures in a minute, I'm cleaning my room out and everything since we're about to take down the bed, we just have to make room in one area of the house to store it in until we find out what to do with it. Probably wont be doing it today, but tomorrow most likely.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Also forgot to mention that the vet said she had no parasites at all, and said she looked completely healthy today.

And here are some pictures of her at the vet.
89510-9513881658.jpg
89510-7160162427.jpg
89510-5879860162.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
I Hope that the bed tearing down goes well (for getting rid of it I would recommend craigslist). :)

and Venus is looking good and very pretty. :D

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah... if I dont give it to my brother than probably a yard sale or craigslist.

Just spent most of my evening removing everything from my closet... I still have a bit left to do but its 9 PM and I'm tired. I'm impressed with how many hangers we had... half the hangers didnt even have clothes on them. I believe I filled two trash bags with them.. not exactly sure if anyone would
buy an excess amount of hangers.. anyway I'm hoping I can turn the area into a work space of sorts but the rod thats going to each end of the wall for clothing may get in the way. Although I could probably do something creative with it if I can't remove it. I would send a picture of the space to show you what I'm talking about, but it's pretty much just a mess right now.

Venus seems to be doing good right now, she just had a big drink from her water bowl before going up and basking again. I was a bit surprised she lightened up a bit at the vet, last time she was so dark and stressed out... then again she also needed to lay her eggs that day so thats understandable.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, You're not the only one with a uber messy closet with hangers coming out of your ears.

Except mine is also covered in excess reptile supplies, two dubia roach colonies in two bins, 1000 superworms in a 10 gal tank, 300 BSFLS in a cup, a gecko and it's tank, and like two pieces of clothes. Lol. Thank goodness I have two closets. but One's mainly for the reptile stuff though Lol.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
89510-8490913557.jpg

Finished the first section of my room, the closet/door way. I really like how it came out, only problem is the hedgehog enclosure on the right. It gets pretty cold in this area so keeping above 70 at the very least is gonna be tricky. Hopefully we can mount a low wattage CHE above her.

Also Venus started shedding her shed so thats great. Gave her some BSFL, crickets and then some liquid calcium. A bit after eating she went to the bathroom and her orange urates have returned, except rather than being formed it was just liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom