Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
That first section or closet or whatever it is Look really great! :)

and That's good that Venus has started to get rid of that shed skin. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks!
Also took my tegu outside today, planning on maybe taking one of the beardies out but it's a bit windy and cloudy... although its 79 outside so other than that its nice. Oreo would not stop trying to get underneath the deck so I decided to take her in early.

89510-7138944114.jpg
89510-4724571272.jpg
89510-5609592465.jpg

EDIT- Also forgot to add earlier that I think only one egg may make it. The others do have slight veins, just slightly but for the most part they all still just have red circles and some of those circles are starting to become faint and not too see able.
However the one egg that may make it has tons of veins and everyday theres more showing. Its very plump and white as well and doing amazing so far. So if that egg hatches I'm definitely keeping it.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Oreo looks amazing! :love10:

and I Hope that most of the eggs will make it. and If only one hatches, I Think that one mouth to feed will be much easier. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
One mouth would definietly be much easier.

Also thanks! She's wonderful, such a great personality although she acts like a toddler... but you can't help but love them.

Since its so sunny outside I took Neptune out and she did really well for it being her first time outside since I first got her. Which when I first got her about a day or two in owning her I had to go somewhere all day so I took her with me and she just sat on my chest all day.
Also noticed this little orange pigment on her side has gotten bigger since she shed a bit ago so thats sort of cool. Not a fungal infection of any kind just regular pigmentation. She also has a smaller pigmentation on the same side on her back however its so small the camera doesn't pick it up.
89510-1282759156.jpg
89510-5870125513.jpg

And then before taking her outside one of the cats, Max found a Garter snake. Luckily it was mostly unharmed and very alive...although when I went over to him he sat on it..
89510-9917665761.jpg
89510-8336662906.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Neptune looks nice! :) and looks like she's got her own little beauty mark Lol.

Also where'd you get that harness? It looks much less constrictive then the ones I have for my beardies (and much less easy to escape from).

That eastern garter snake looks just like the one that bit me last year. I Haven't seen it since but the black rat snake that lives in my garage has started to pop up again. :D

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I got it off amazon, the place of almost all my purchases... I'll have to look at the seller again for who sells it.
The harness definitely fits the beardies nicely... tegu not so much. So i have to use a smaller harness from a different brand for her to even ignore it/not slip out of it.

The garter was pretty calm for the most part oddly.
I didnt get a very good picture but just a few hours ago a fox was outside the window of the doorway/closet, he's been coming around for a while now so thats cool. He doesn't seem to be bothered with the cats and they can't be bothered with him yet so thats good.

Also forgot to mention that Venus pooped today, sadly on my poor desk but i cleaned it as much as I could. Urates still orange, and here I thought we were clear of the orange urates but for the past day or so they've been orange.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
That's cool about the fox you saw. :) and Also regarding the orange urates, Do you cake on the calcium and multivitamin? If you do then that's the problem I believe because sometimes excess calcium can cause orange urates.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've been just lightly dusting, although ever since I got another bunch of BSFL i've been mostly feeding her those since they're pretty good (Not dusting them at all).

Only extra calcium that has been added to her diet would probably be the liquid calcium again and then the calcium that the worms have.
On average right now shes getting 25 BSFL (undusted) and then about 10 crickets (dusted) with liquid calcium daily.

I'll have to check and see when the package of BSFL arrived and see if it matches up with the orange urates.

As im typing this I looked down and she decided to eat a large chunk of her own shed that was on the ground.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Well, That crosses off that theory. :study: Maybe the BSFL could be causing the orange urates.

and It's normal for beardies to eat their shed. Cisco will shed her skin off and then eat it a lot

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Maybe, I still have to look through my moms emails to find the order again. I just got done feeding everyone, almost at least. I still need to feed the BP.

I've seen Neptune do it once or twice before however most of the time they just cant be bothered with it, I wonder what the nutritional value of shed skin is..

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay checking with the messages its definitely possible that having more calcium in the diet is the cause for the orange urates returning. I'm going to stop giving her liquid calcium for now.

Also setup a 20 gallon for any babies that do make it.
I like how it came out, has two hides, and then tons of basking options along with UVB options as well. The small bowl you see near the front is for BSFL, but I have another larger bowl for salad just needs to be washed.
Still need to get lighting but I'll worry about that when it gets closer to hatching time.
89510-5623834231.jpg
89510-6848816550.jpg

And the most eventful thing of the night is my hedgehog escaped.
I actually thought I was going crazy for a minute because I kept hearing noises coming from my BTS tank however she was asleep and not doing anything to make such a noise (like a lizard moving on stone, that kind of noise). So I went back, sat down on my bed and I happen to see this little white ball dash from near turtles tank to over near my snakes tank. At first I thought it was my cat Splotches but then I go to look and there Willow is, sitting on the floor like the most "Innocent" animal alive. Really have no idea how she got out.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
The tank looks good! :) and I've heard from my friend who breeds hedgehogs that their quite an escape artist. Lol. I'm glad that you found her quickly before one of the cats did. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah she escaped about two more times and I ended up staying up all night long until about 6 am where I passed out... then woke up at 1 pm so there goes most of my day. Not a single one of my 20+ alarms woke me up too, so that sucks.

I kept checking on her and I found her like this just staring out like she was a prisoner.
image.jpg

Luckily my cat was out in the other room and my door was closed so she didn't get into any trouble.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, She's like "Let me out of here! I'm a free spirit! This is against hedgehog rights!" :lol: and I also got woken up by three alarms.. It was my three beardies scratching against the cage saying "Hey human slave! Turn on my lights before I poop all over the place!" :lol:

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I don’t have any internet currently so I can’t get on my computer to type this, so that sucks.

Anyway it seems Venus has developed eggs again, she’s digging like crazy in her tank, I put her in her dig box and currently she’s making a burrow.

I’m going to try and figure out how to post pictures using my phone if I can.

89510-8260589693.jpg
89510-5957683008.jpg
Whenever she glares at you it just makes ya a little bit uneasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom