Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great to hear she is doing much better now! Those were cool pictures of the eggs, too.
It sounds like she is pretty active, also which is terrific! :D
Keep us posted on her. I'm sure she will continue to improve now.

Tracie

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So I was just checking on the eggs in the problem container, one egg has started to leak from one end, another beside it has began to grow these dark bluish spots on it.

I'm glad I separated them. Currently only 12 eggs are probably guaranteed to make it as they currently are the only fully white, and fertile looking eggs of the clutch. All the other eggs have turned discolored and yellow and I don't see any signs of them being fertile.
Which sucks but since I didnt exactly plan to have this clutch it is sort of good that I wont have too many mouths to feed.

Don't worry, I did separate the 12 healthy eggs from the rest so that if theres any problems with the other eggs it wont hurt the healthy ones.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I Would throw the leaking egg and the dark spotted ones out. They could infect the others.

How's Venus and Your dog (is it Teddy?) doing?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Currently the 6 problem eggs that were leaking and had dark spots and a bit of mold from what I saw are in my freezer, I'll be throwing them out in the morning.

As for Venus she's doing fantastic, being quite annoying with her liquid calcium but I think I'm going back to her regular schedule tomorrow but will probably use the liquid calcium on her calcium days just to make sure everything is good.

As for my dog, she's doing decent (It's Peach). She's gotten a bit worse since the vet visit with walking, inside the house at least. Outside she can get better footing and somewhat walk. I believe they're going to do one more test with her urine just to double check and make sure everything is good. She is on medicine right now that is helping her.
Currently we're debating on if we should get her wheels or not so she can at least have better mobility.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sadly there are now only 8 good eggs, two of the good eggs died... they were doing fine a few days ago, white and plump and had veins. Not exactly sure what went wrong but now I can barely see anything in them and they're very discolored now. I separated them into the problem container, which now contains 5 eggs. One looks to be doing good in there but I see no embryo so I'm not going to move it just yet.

A bit sad about not many of the eggs are making it, but its probably a good thing as this was definitely not something I prepared for. At least 9,000 bugs will definitively last at least a month now with only 8 babies... maybe even longer if some of the others die off. Which hopefully they don't because that would be terrible.

On a better note Venus is doing great, she's actually currently in a mostly full body shed, her tail and some pieces of her legs and head aren't shedding yet but I'm sure they will.
I've been putting coconut oil on her every other day and then putting aloe vera on her on the days I dont use coconut oil... not sure how safe it is for them to eat the plant but as I was putting it on her and sat it down she gobbled the whole thing up before I could stop her, basically inhaled it.

It came from a pretty well started plant that we've had for years. I dont think we use anything toxic on it at all so hopefully she's fine. Hasn't shown any signs of being sick, although she is very grumpy because of the shedding.

My mom finally got her van back (it was being worked on) so we can start loading things up in it to get stuff out of the way so we can take down my bed and then redo my room.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I Do agree. I'm pretty sure that 9000 bugs would probably last 8 babies for a month or so. But at least Venus didn't lay multiple clutches otherwise you would be up to your ears in bugs and beardies. :) But 8 baby beardies is still a wonderful amount. :blob5:

I Did a google search and Aloe-Vera is ok for beardies. and Apparently they love it. Plus it gives them a little lubrication from the inside to help with shedding. :D

For stuck shed I mix expeller-pressed coconut oil with a few drops of oilive oil and a tiny bit of aloe vera. Then I spray on some zoo med repti-shed ease (it was given to me and works great) and then rub on the mixture (works best when given after a bath). The mixture normally makes the stuck shed go off within a week or less. :blob5:

I Hope your room remodeling goes well!

-HippieLizards.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I hope it does too, the weather seems to not agree with us wanting to remodel though. Its currently snowing outside, it apparently is supposed to be in the 70's on Wednesday and Thursday so hopefully we can get things moved out then.

Thats good that aloe vera isn't bad for them, I was a bit worried that she ate something that would hurt her.

Also forgot to mention Venus lost about 40 grams, so I think I'm going to start feeding her everyday again and possibly calcium either every day or every other day.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, It was supposed to snow today instead we got 78 degree weather so I took the beardies out in the sun.

Did Venus do a huge poop recently? Because when Daisy didn't poop for two weeks and when I was going to give her the 'Go poo slurry' she did the biggest (and stinkiest :puke:) poop I've seen and she lost probably 45 grams from that and was fine after a few superworms as a treat.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She's been pooping daily, not exactly any large poops at all. Just what i'd call to be normal. Although just a bit ago she did poop and she got the urate out fine but she couldn't seem to get the poop off so I had to use a paper towel and wipe it off. She didn't strain at all, just couldn't get it off of herself.
The urate was completely white, but I did notice it was quite hard.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Hmm, Strange. I've heard that internal parasites may cause weight loss. Maybe you should go to the vet and do a fecal test.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah I've been thinking about doing that for all three of my beardies.
Saturn is still in a burmation like state, and has been since September. He was a bit active in February and March but now he's just sleeping again. I assume its the weather since if you offer him food he gobbles it up and he's not loosing a single gram of weight.. instead hes gaining weight. I do force him out to bask every time I feed him.

I'll just watch her for now and if she looses anymore weight, off to the vet she goes.
I need to find like a large bottle of just panacur so if I do one beardie/reptile and it has pinworms I can just treat them all just in case, I also have probiotics on hand so it would be fine... just have to teach myself how to do it correctly.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yeah.... she's going to the vet shes at 405 grams now.. she was 440 grams yesterday and I know this definitely isn't normal.

The vet appointment is at about 1:45 PM tomorrow, and luckily Venus pooped today so I now have that to give.

Also she feels pretty bloated and the more I'm looking at her it reminds me when she first laid her clutch.. you can see the tail ridge very clearly since it has like no fat there anymore and her fat pads are very sunken in.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Hmm,

I Think she may be getting ready for a second clutch. Beardies are known to lay multiple clutches at a time. Especially if it's their first time. So you may need to make more room in the incubator and possibly get more tanks. Because There may be more on the way!

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I checked her enclosure for eggs just in case, couldn't find any so thats good but if she lays anymore... which I hope she doesn't and if she does then I hope they are infertile. After all for the most part her first clutch has turned out mostly infertile or pretty bad so I assume the next clutch will be entirely infertile...hopefully.

Only good thing about this is Neptune is too young to lay or cycle her eggs, because if she was laying eggs right now along with Venus I'm pretty sure they would drive me insane.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Although you could do a rearing bin set-up like kingofnobbys did for his baby beardies, I'm trying to find that post so I can post you the link but I can't find it at all. :banghead: It's like that topic doesn't exist any more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom