Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I'm glad Venus is doing well. :) Gizmo has actually doubled is size and weight. :blob5:

Just how exactly do you clicker train a beardie? I've heard of clicker training cats and dogs but never a beardie. That might be good to try with my beardies. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just started out close to them, dropped a superworm down near me, or had one on my hand and called them over and over till they took it and then I clicked the clicker and said their name before getting up and moving a bit farther away and repeating. increasing the distance each time.

They seemed to learn that those words meant there was food nearby.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Cool. I Should definitely try that for my beardies. Where would you get a clicker?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Probably a petstore? In all honesty I dont know where the clicker I got came from, my mom found it attached to a dog training book.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Hmm, I'll try that. Thanks!

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Not really much of an update on Venus or the eggs but I thought I'd share this anyway.

So I had my ball python, Spice out roaming around on the floor while I was filling water bowls and misting the enclosures a bit. While I was filling the water bowl in my leopard geckos enclosure she decided to come out and see whats going on, she then saw Spice slithering around on the floor and turned around and dived as far as she could get in her cork hide.

She finally got brave enough and came out but she's terrified and looking around like if she makes a sudden move it may be her last... So uh don't have snakes near gecko enclosures is what I've learned tonight. Hopefully I didnt scare her too much with having Spice roaming around.
My cat was also quite spooked and while I was sitting on my bed with Spice, she clumsily made her way down the bunk bed ladder and almost fell as she was trying to make sure my BP wasn't anywhere near her. Usually she's an expert at getting up and down that ladder.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Wow, Good thing no-one got hurt! :D

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, also update on Venus she's doing even better and is now at about 495 grams (Possibly one too many superworms). She's yet to go to the bathroom but I'm hoping she'll go soon.

Eggs seem to be doing good, I have some pictures of them that I took yesterday when I was trying to soak up extra moisture that was in the vermiculite/perlite mix.
89510-870098812.jpg
89510-3846384599.jpg
89510-2413212606.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
That's good that she's back to good weight! and Those eggs are looking good. :)

I Purchased some eco earth and put Cisco in it. She wasn't amused. She actually escaped from it once. :| No digging yet though.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She finally went to the bathroom last night, unfortunately it was on my bed but thats fine. I needed to make my bed anyway.
No orange urate from the looks of it.
89510-9138393472.jpg

I just gave her some liquid calcium, I'm probably going to do it up until the 30th. And then go back to her regular schedule. I think that should be good.

Well as I was typing Venus decided to go to the bathroom again, urate looks mostly white, just a bit yellow but nothing concerning now.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Well that's good that she went to the bathroom and no orange urate. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was checking on the egg containers and decided to separate 5 of them from the rest. They were a bit slimy like the first one I separated and discolored. So there are now 6 eggs in the problem container and then 20 eggs eggs that are doing perfect.
The small egg that was in the problem container was infertile and was beginning to grow some sort of slimy mold on it so I threw it out.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Good. I Would definitely isolate the problem eggs from the good eggs. I Hope they hatch healthy. :D

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Eggs are doing fantastic so far, update on Venus and her little training.
She came to me when I was standing about 8-9 feet away from her. I think the sound of the superworm dropping to the floor helps a bit, she listens for the sound before running over to me.
She definitely knows her name now though, every time I say it she perks up a bit.

Lately she's also a lot more active, so thats a good sign...although I had a pretty hard time getting her liquid calcium in her. She was definitely not having it today, but luckily I managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom