Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm still iffy on the antibiotics, the vet said it would be okay to give but I really don't want to stress her further by possibly putting her on something unneeded.
I will however definitely make sure she gets her calcium daily.

I'll take a look at that in a minute. I candled the ones I wasn't sure about, nothing new with them yet. Also I had some perlite laying around and I've heard that it can be good for eggs so after I moistened a small amount I added that around the eggs.

I'll probably candle the eggs again around the 31st to check on progress with them.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Today Venus is looking amazing, her fat pads on her head are a bit more filled in now rather than how they were before, she got a bit more weight on her (Already up to 455 grams), she's lighter in color and overall more alert.

She had her liquid calcium today, she fought me and was not happy about it afterwards but a few dusted crickets and superworms got her back in a happy mood.

Didn't give her the antibiotics yet, still pretty iffy on it but I asked a few more people and are awaiting their opinion on it.

Eggs seem to be doing good, the temps are staying stable and humidity is looking good inside the incubator and inside the containers.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
That's great that she's already gaining more weight! :blob5: I Also am a bit iffy on the antibiotic. That's also good that the eggs are doing good! :blob5:

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Gave Venus a short bath tonight, she drank quite a bit of water before I pulled her out and put her back in her viv. Shes getting better everyday.

Also update on the eggs, I decided to check on them and there was one egg that had a bit of a slimy like substance on it. Not exactly sure I carefully moved the egg into the problem container for now just in case.
After that I decided I might as well shine the flashlight over the eggs in the top shelf and noticed some were beginning to develop veins now. I have a picture, it's pretty hard to see sadly but you can just barely make it out.

89510-4336627992.jpg
89510-6179627725.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I Would probably isolate that egg by itself so if it's not good it won't infect the other eggs. That's great that they are already developing veins! They are definitely fertile. I Wonder how the babies will turn out!! :D

Venus is looking good! :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I had to bribe her into opening her mouth today with a superworm to get her liquid calcium into her. They really clamp their teeth together. She definitely looks a lot better and seems to be feeling a lot better today.

Yeah I'll probably move one of the eggs that it is in the container with to a different container as it seems to be doing good. And I doubt the other egg thats in the container with it is even fertile as its small, has a different texture and just doesn't look right.

I know, Im excited to see how their colors will be. Especially excited to see if Venus is het for hypo or trans, or both.

A bit off topic but I think by some miracle my tegu decided to come out by herself for the first time in months. I've just been forcing her out but its good to see she finally decided she'd come out by herself.
89510-9379348140.jpg
Think I may see If I can train her to come when called today, I finally found the clicker I had.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
:love10: I love tegus!!!! She is so pretty! Do you of any good websites that have good tegu care info? I've been wanting to do some research on tegus so I can get one later on. :D

and I Think Venus will make a full recovery.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Shes a brat sometimes, I just put some coconut oil on her and she was not having it. I hate the winter so much, the humidity is so low that she actually had 4 layers of stuck shed on her about a month ago. Luckily I got it off but shes growing so fast she is now shedding again.
Shes about 310 grams and 24-25 inches. She probably would be 30+ inches if she didnt go and have a winter cool down. Oreo is a hyrbid and if I'm correct she's 56.25% Blue tegu, 18.75% Red tegu, and 25% Black And White. She's also possibly het albino, theres a 66% chance she is.

I have no plans on breeding her, I just like hybrids and their coloration. If I could actually get a good picture for once I could show you the pink/purple/redish coloring on her tail and legs.

Tegutalk is a pretty good forum. I think tegutalk and teguterra was were I got most of my care info for them.

I got my tegu from underground reptiles, probably the only animal I'd ever buy from them.
However If I could get another tegu it would be from tegusonly, great guy honestly since he takes invasive tegus from flordia, tames them down and then sells them.

As for Venus I think so too.

https://tegutalk.com/
http://www.teguterra.com/

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Cool, I never knew you could hybridize a tegu. She seems pretty big. :)

I Will definitely check out those tegu sites you mentioned. Thanks!

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah she's about the size of Neptune in girth, but much longer. Surprisingly she can actually fit herself in a paper towel tube still. Currently shes just in a 75 gallon tank but shes getting a a 8x3x3 pretty soon. I just have to tear down my bed, move a table out, buy and setup some racks, and get the baby beardie tanks setup and everyone elses tanks setup before buying hers. And then I shall sleep on the floor, I'm not too worried about or wanting a mattress at all because In all honesty I prefer the floor.

Speaking of Neptune I was feeding some medium dubia roaches to Oreo and I think she got a bit jealous because she just keeps staring down at the bin and then looking at me like I did the worst thing possible.
By the way https://hare-today.com/ is a great site for buying food on, for ground meats as it has all organs and bones mixed in. Oreo seems to really like sardines that I got off that site.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Wow, You seem to have your hands full! I only have five animals and it's exhausting (Cisco, Thor, Daisy, Gizmo the gecko, and Tillery the cat). Just how many pets do you have??

Lol, I agree. Whenever I feed dubias to Cisco, Daisy and Thor sadly look at me as if I have forgotten them. :roll: So if I feed one of them, The others Have to be included as well.

Interesting website. Tillery might like something from there.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah most of my day is just caring for them, it helps that some don't need to be fed daily and that I'm homeschooled. Can't imagine what it would be like if I was in public school.
I have about 9 pets that are just mine those being, 7 reptiles, 1 cat, 1 dog, and a hedgehog.
And then of course baby beardies on the way.
The cat is named splotches, dog is named Peach and the hedgehog is named Willow.

However those are just my pets, we have 3 other dogs, 3 other cats, 2 parrots, and 100+ pigeons.
By the way Oreo loves pigeon eggs and is about the only egg she will eat, tried chicken eggs and she did not care for them at all.

Whenever Oreo doesn't eat her food I usually take it out and give it to the cats, they love it.

I may be able to post pictures of them all, just gotta go take some.

EDIT- Here they are for the most part.

This is Spice,
89510-1474857973.jpg
Turtle
89510-9274302292.jpg
Splotches
89510-7091079005.jpg
Willow
89510-8290624446.jpg
Sofie
89510-784670501.jpg
Heres Sofie, Max, and Cinderella
89510-6397756026.jpg
Saturn
89510-509863636.jpg
Effie
89510-1139155873.jpg
Delilah
89510-7394746993.jpg
Heres some of the pigeons in the flyer house outside, theres another area with more but I dont have the keys to it.
89510-9482195349.jpg
Neptune
89510-3324634517.jpg
Teddy
89510-3742108652.jpg
Angus
89510-5819224059.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
All of your animals are adorable as well, especially the crested.

Luckily I dont have to really take care of for the most part the dogs, cats, or birds. Yet anyway.
I think Venus is feeling really good right now because I was putting a few superworms in her enclosure and before I could sit them down she ran over and grabbed them out of my hand.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So clicker training Oreo is gonna be a bit hard, she was not very interested in it. Tried Venus since she was wanting out, turns out she's pretty good at it. Although still work in process but after a few times I got her to look at me when I called her name and then look at my feet for any superworms as everytime I called I'd drop a superworm below me. She kept coming until she decided she want to go in her tank and bask.
I think the farthest distance I got from her so far and she came was about 5-6 feet away.

Going to have to do hornworms for this If I continue the training more, dont want her getting too fat with all the superworms.

I also tried with Neptune, farthest I could get was about 3 feet away from her. It is a bit dim during the evening so I'm thinking because of the floor color she couldn't see it too well unless it was closer.
Venus did a bit better job but their learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom