Not sure about this...

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
I'm not sure what I just walked in to but ether my dragon is broken or he's training his tail muscle....His back feet are literally not touching anything...😂
IMG_20240324_145917.jpg
IMG_20240324_145932.jpg

Do your guys and gurls train their tails??

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I also noticed this behavior. When Foxy was not yet a year old, he did not use his tail well. He didn't spin it like a helicopter when he was afraid of losing his balance. But after a while he mastered control of his tail and began to use it as an additional leg. I would say he really liked it and he started using it always.

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
My Taco (9 months old) is also doing this. He uses his tail like this and in many other variations, when climbing in his enclosure and then resting somewhere up, sitting/hanging (hands grab something, hind legs are free, tail like a kangaroo's), or when climbing on people grabbing their arms or (person started to recognize this only after a while) breasts... :p

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Oh wow, and I thought he was just being weird but so it's kind of comon apparently.
He has never used his tail extensively but he might just be late to the party 😅

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Oh wow, and I thought he was just being weird but so it's kind of comon apparently.
He has never used his tail extensively but he might just be late to the party 😅
He is training like Jean-Claude Van Damme lmao

Last edited:

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Another version may be that he likes this particular place because of the suitable temperature, perhaps this is there convenient it is to watch you. Maybe it’s worth putting another branch so he can sit on it?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Thanks for just making me realise I'm old enough to be a fan of JCVD 😂

He likes that one branch a lot, you are right, Nick. Unfortunately his tank is already getting quite crowded 🙈

You are right Tracie, he looks kind of in his element right there despite showing the darkest beard he has shown in a very long time 🤷‍♂️

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom