Nim's Story - More videos and pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am the slave of six cockatiels and my new dragon Nim. I'm creating this thread to share all the cute things my little Nim does. Ive had him for eleven days now and he likes me. He warmed up to me six days after I got him. He is the smartest lizard I have ever owned. I would post pics but I'm having some trouble. I put a photo on Flickr and then do the image thing but it only flashes the pic then it disappears if anyone could help I would like that. Nim is a six inch ten gram bearded dragon. Who's favorite veggie is dandelion greens. I have an organic lawn so I get the dandelion greens from there.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks BlueDragon. I wish I could do a autopsy on her to know why she is dead. The sad thing was that her body was still warm when I got her up. So she must've died while I was asleep. But why?! Why did she leave us? This was her first nesting season. Was the stress too hard on her? She did lay an egg a day ago. KitKat still doesn't get it. I did show him her body. I was so happy yesterday because things started to look up. Now I'm very sad wondering why she left us. I know she is happier in Heaven, but I will sure miss her. R.I.P. Pikachu.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
To the truth the stress might have been too hard on her, I had parakeets and the girl was having trouble dealing with the
stress so she died when I woke up. It's very hard I know death never is easy. KitKat will get it eventually I feel bad for him
not knowing no one is there for him.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I'm thinking it was the stress that got her too. Her body didn't look in peace. She probably had some sort of heart attack. I think KitKat knows, but he doesn't want it to be true. Maybe he thinks this is all a bad dream. I do know that Cookie sometimes get so stressed during nesting season she coughs up seeds. Like vomiting from the stress. But Cookie is tougher, it seems, than Pikachu. I did hear what sounded like vomiting coming from the cage right when I went to bed. But KitKat has done that before and has been fine. Maybe it was Pikachu instead of KitKat. Mom and I are going to pick up my 18 year old sister. She loved Pikachu, I wonder how she'll react when I tell her. I wonder how mom will react when she comes home. I know full well how I reacted.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Yeah definitely a terrible day for you all. Dalek was just my fish and I loved that betta so it hit me the most.
I can't imagine how they will act when Vash dies hell even his aunt and uncle when they come over.
He reacts with the family when he's out of his cage. Wish you all the best to you and your family.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks BlueDragon. I really appreciate it. Well, some quick Nim news. I don't I'll be able to give him a new cage today because mom was gone. Still is but she called earlier and she is coming home soon. Nim had more trouble pooping, all that came out was a urate so I gave him more applesauce with olive oil and a little bit of water to make it get sucked up by the dropper easier. He pooped soon afterward. I think KitKat is slowly coming to the grim realization that Pikachu really is gone. A few hours ago he actually sat on the egg she laid. Tears welled up in my eyes once more because I couldn't watch. Her egg is all he has left of her. We're going to have a funeral for Pikachu tomorrow. I guess that is all. Nim's dinner will be a little teeny tiny piece of chicken, some more collard greens and some spaghetti squash. I'm still in mourning about Pikachu.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
noelerhard":18896i3g said:
Oh my god, I'm so sorry. That's so sad. I hope your okay. RIP Pikachu

Thanks noelerhard. It hit me hard at first but I have now gotten over her death. Well, sort of. I mean, it still hurts that she is gone but I don't like to mourn over a death for too long. Makes you depressed, and I am not the depressed type of person. I don't like to dwell on the past. So I'll post some happy Nim news. :D

Okay, Nim seems to be doing great. I went out today so he had an early breakfast. And a sort of early dinner. And after 3 meals without his meat. (Not even the chicken because time flew and I didn't have enough time to cook the chicken before his dinner.) He had crickets with dinner! :D :blob8: He was SO happy. For the past 3 meals I gave him his butternut squash and collards. He glared at me for two minutes after I put the dish in. Then he went to eat it. :roll: Gosh, he loves meat as much as I do. LOL. :D And, because I was gone for half of the day today he wanted out right after dinner. So he got his way and had a quick runabout. He is now basking in his viv. He pooped while I was gone and it looked iffy. I really have to do the BD.co fecal test. Then he did another smaller poop afterwards and it had a lot of yellow squash in it. Oh, and I learned something, Nim's poop smells more if he had meat. Because his poop yesterday smelled like really digested vegetation, LOL. :D
As you can see, I am in a better mood. KitKat is slowly getting over the loss. We did bury Pika's body today, so I have more closure. See, KitKat's main problem is that he and Pika were a flock of their own. Now that Pika's dead KitKat is a one bird flock. He isn't coping with that well. So he needs to either meld back with his 'mother' flock or pick another one of his sisters. I really don't know which will happen. Oh, my 18 year old sister was here to help with Pika's funeral. And I saw my chicken Ichigo once we got to her house. Ichigo actually misses me. I thought she forgot about me, LOL. But when I picked her up she made a sound that sounded like peeping. Then she snuggled with me and pushed her neck up in my hair like when she was little. Of course when she peeped that made my mother hen mode kick in. Yuzu did that to me. Now, whenever I hear a chick peep I go into this weird hard to explain mode. Anyways, I snuggled with Ichigo for awhile. And she looked disappointed when I set her down. But I wanted to get home to my Nim. So I said goodbye. :D I'll see her again soon anyway. I think that's all for tonight. I just wanted to brighten up this thread. :D

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry to read about Pikachu's death. It's hard to loose a loved pet-child. Thank you for posting pics of her. She was very beautiful.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":3atz6pxa said:
RIP Pika Pi! ^_^
*hugs KitKit* Hang in there you'll know what you want.

Thanks, I think KitKat appreciates that hug. :D

beardie parents":3atz6pxa said:
I'm sorry to read about Pikachu's death. It's hard to loose a loved pet-child. Thank you for posting pics of her. She was very beautiful.

You're welcome, I wanted to post those pics anyway. She was the most beautiful tiel I have ever seen. I really wish I had more pics. But other than a few more pics on the external hard drive that's all I have of her. I didn't know she'd leave so soon, you know? But we don't know those things, that is why we should make the most of life. That is the main reason I have SO many pics of Nim. Especially with all this color changing going on. What I hate the most is that Pika didn't even live two years. You can see in my signature the date of hatching and the date of death. Too soon, but she was a weaker bird than I thought. Maybe there was something wrong with her brain in the beginning. Because there must have been some reason why she was so feral. It wasn't neglect because we held her the most as a baby. I guess I'll never know, but I'm fine with that. The main thing is that she is in peace. Her soul rests in Heaven and her body lays in the ground. So knowing that she is in a better place makes her loss easier. :D And she was half my child, LOL. I mean, she was Cookie's baby. Spawn, that's what I like to call the baby tiels. Spawn of Bobo and Cookie, LOL. :D Anyway, my mind seems to be wandering. I'm just making sure Nim and I have a good hour or two of snuggles. Which, by the way, is what we're having right now. :love5:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Aw, Pika was 1 1/2 that's so sad. Things will get better the other babies won't have much stress.
Well, she was a beautiful bird and Nim is still getting more and more gorgeous.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":2id6k5fa said:
Aw, Pika was 1 1/2 that's so sad. Things will get better the other babies won't have much stress.
Well, she was a beautiful bird and Nim is still getting more and more gorgeous.

Yeah, way too young. Yes, the others won't get as stressed. Maybe not this nesting season, but perhaps the next. I don't know really, KitKat has two choices and I don't know what he'll choose. I guess I have to wait and see. He isn't calling for Pikachu as much as yesterday, today. I think he is trying to mingle with the 'mother' flock. Cookie doesn't seem to care that she lost her daughter, actually, only KItKat cared about Pikachu. See, if this was Australia the 'mother' flock would be gone. When Pika and KitKat chose each other they created a flock of their own. If this was the outback they would be far away from the home nest. So Cookie and Bobo have forgotten about Pikachu. But KitKat can't because that was his flock. LOL, this sounds like a reality TV show. And it's unscripted too, real life. Cookie seems glad that Pika is gone. This nesting season was hard on Cookie because Pika stole all the good nesting spots. Like my closet and their cage. Now that Pika is gone, Cookie gets to have the closet again. And the closet is hers, I gave her the nickname 'Dragon' for a reason. I can't even go into my room without Cookie leaping out and attacking me. It's terrifying. And if attacking me doesn't work she starts to tweet as loud as she can. Hoping either Bobo will help her, or make enough noise to make me leave. Maybe I'll tape her behavior and show it in Nim's thread. It is actually quite interesting. Oh, thanks Mummapinkham. Pika Pi will always be in my heart. I think that is all to post for now. Not much Nim news, 'cause he is still warming up. :D

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So, as you can see in the title, he tried to scare me again. But not in the bath like the past two scares, no, he tried something different. Yesterday he wanted out after dinner. I told him that I would take him out after he digested his breakfast tomorrow. Time flew and I forgot to take him out. So when I took him out for snuggles he ran around a little. Now, he likes to jump on the tea table right by the rocker/recliner. On the tea table was an ear plug thing. We bought it for the concert last Friday. The package was open and the ear plug was out. Nim obviously thought it would be a tasty snack. This was bigger than the space between the eyes, BTW. We jumped for it at the same time. He got one chomp out of it (didn't ingest anything) before I pulled it out. He also got my finger a little, the bite didn't break the skin, but it still stings a little. Those teeth are SHARP! :shock: You can see the little red teeth marks on my finger, LOL. But luckily he didn't eat the ear plug. He could've choked on it, on it would've impacted him badly, I don't know what would've happened. I was shaking for two minutes afterwards. He just looked at me like, "What mommy? It looked tasty." LOL, he did have a big dinner. Full of collards, squash and crickets. I think, or hope, that the small bit of squash in his salad will give him more nutrition. Oh, and he is also fading on his face. Which means it's going to peel, it looks milky right now. Then it will turn clear and the it will peel. We have been having a small problem of retained shed though. He had some around his tail base and back of the lips. The one on his lips came off easily. The one on his tail took at least another week of soaking and scrubbing for it to come off. I scrub with my fingers because we don't have a baby soft toothbrush available at this time. Last time the retained shed was on the very top of his head, where the pineal eye is. Actually, right on the pineal eye. He's always had a problem there. The humidity in his cage says 30%. It used to be 40% but something made it less. Oh, and we are getting closer to the 20 gallon upgrade. I found a good long stick that I will saw in small pieces, and a few rocks. A really good basking rock and another rock. It confuses me, LOL. One side is nice and smooth how it should be. The other side feels like a emery board or pumice stone. It can't be pumice stone because we are nowhere near a volcano. LOL, I don't think there is even a volcano in Maine. Pumice stone does come from a volcano, right? And only from a volcano, right? Anyways, it will be great to file down his nails. Those terrible claws that mark my hands. And he may also get a personalized food dish. There is a paint-your-own-pottery place near us where we have made many things. They sell dog dishes and other things like that. It would be SO CUTE to personalize a food dish for my Nimrod. Of course it will be a 20 gallon cage thing, just like the bed I made. He will also have a every-once-in-awhile dig box to play in. I can't wait, I have the perfect picture of how his 20 gallon will look. And once we move (which will be soon) I'll ask mom is we'll have room for a 40 gallon. I saw one at the pet store and my word is it huge. Like, mansion big, LOL. Mansion big to my poor Nim who has lived in a 10 gallon for months. Heck, the 20 gallon will be like a mansion to him. :D
Oh, and a quick update on KitKat. He seems to be forgetting about Pika. Later today I was doing stuff in the kitchen so I played some music. Now, tiels are VERY musical birds. They love it when there is music playing. The male tiels even sing along. That was what KitKat was doing. He mixed all the noises he has learned together. One moment he'll be tweeting, the next he'll be making the sound the lady tiels make when they want you-know-what, next he'll be mewing. So if he is singing he must be feeling better. I guess tiels aren't as monogamous as we thought. I know owls mate for life. If the mate dies, the other will starve itself to death. Yeah, dumb and can't feel, my eye.
Well, I guess that's all for now. Yes, I know no pics yet, but maybe tomorrow. Night all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom