x6j7kk.jpg

dfvmmu.jpg

muhh78.jpg

getting fat

8xq9o5.jpg

iogc3m.jpg

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
Did you build your cage? It looks pretty amazing...does the tile make it colder or does it have the opposite effect? I was looking into building a cage for my beardie because I want something that looks good in my home. However, I don't want to spend 2000 dollars for one of those really fancy ones from the custom cage online dealers. I also want it to be moveable because I am not in a permanent situation yet just etting out of college and my beardie is still a baby.

thacarter

Original Poster
Rukia1988":1nvmrlhq said:
Did you build your cage? It looks pretty amazing...does the tile make it colder or does it have the opposite effect? I was looking into building a cage for my beardie because I want something that looks good in my home. However, I don't want to spend 2000 dollars for one of those really fancy ones from the custom cage online dealers. I also want it to be moveable because I am not in a permanent situation yet just etting out of college and my beardie is still a baby.

Thanks, yes the cage was built by me and my step dad, not too sure about the tiles effect on temp because I have only had tile in this cage.

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
I love it and was wondering if something like that is mobile or is it just in the corner of your house? If its mobile would you mind telling me the measurments and what it took to build it?

thacarter

Original Poster
Rukia1988":1lbiku5w said:
I love it and was wondering if something like that is mobile or is it just in the corner of your house? If its mobile would you mind telling me the measurments and what it took to build it?

It is moveable, i wouldnt call it mobile because it is quite heavy so i wouldnt want to move it too often but i have moved it a few times and it is on a tall dresser now. It is 4' long x 2' tall x 2' wide. The basic design is from this website - http://crossfireenclosures.webs.com/

Alot of people have used it and just put their own custom idea along with it. I added the second level "shelf" and the background and fake rock structure

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Just wanted to put in my 2c about tile. It's wonderful and tends to hold heat in which keeps the tank a tiny bit warmer. That being said, I do give my girl a blanket to sleep on when there is tile down because I worry bout it not being too comfortable. Also, be aware that if your beardie does a lot of scratching and digging, they will wear down their nails on the tile.
Carter looks great, I love looking at the pics, just don't often say anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom