New enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
After days of waiting for it to arrive, then figuring out how to put it together, then figuring out the heating lights I finally have my new 64 gallon tank good to go for my 4 month old bearded dragon Kiwi ?. Here are some photos
108540-6420589047.jpg
108540-817782353.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks great but the UVB is towards the front? Am I seeing a UVB fixture --- if it is your dragon needs to be able to sit directly under it and it needs to be 8-10 inches from that decor piece if its a T5 -- it its a T 8 it needs to go inside the tank basking decor approx 6-8 inches --- right now hes not getting any UVB w/ the way its set up-- also the decor piece you have sitting under your basking light I have 2 of them sitting in my tank heres another way of setting them in there -
97951-6857535513.jpg
the domes whats in there? Besides the one basking light?
Karrie

KiwidaBeardedDragon

Original Poster
The basking light has a 100 w in it and a 50 w because I had an extra double fixture and couldn’t find any fixtures that were able to take a 150 w, the basking spot doesn’t get hot enough with a 100 w. And the UVB is a T5 and could I put it over his hammocks in the corner? Because he goes over there a lot

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so the T 5 can sit on top of the screen just make sure his basking decor / hammock is 8-10 inches from it ---- ok so if you want to just a suggestion look on line for a single dome fixture -- it would cut the space down on top of your screen just make sure the dome takes a 150 watt bulb :) Do you have a probe your getting the basking temps w/ and his decor piece you have looks pretty close standing up w/ the stick so high in the air
Karrie

KiwidaBeardedDragon

Original Poster
I do have a probe to take temps the decor piece at its highest point is around 10”. I have looked on line fro a single fixture that take 150 w but haven’t had great luck and I’ve already got the 100 watts plus the 50 w and I’m fine having the double fixture didn’t cost me extra ? and I feel like the cage I got has some thicker wire so that may be why it needed higher wattage/being closer.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-deep-dome-lamp-fixture.html
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/flukers-sun-dome-reptile-lamp
Yep thats fine mesh screen --- that may not be such a good deal for the UVB --- you may want to put it inside the tank ---- screens block 30% of those UVB rays --- if the screen was a wider screen I would say ok but beings its fine --- not so much---- you can hang it w/ these things
3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line --- potted plant wire hangers -- shoe laces --
Karrie

KiwidaBeardedDragon

Original Poster
Alright I’ll look into thanks for the help and all the suggestion there were hangers that came with it. I forgot to mention the bulb is 12% UVB so it’s 8.4% when you takeaway 30% is that enough the hammock is pretty close if you don’t kiwis height, I also made it so the tallest point of the decor is also right under the UVB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That's a T 5- I have the same bulb in my tank - it's inside approx 12-15 inches from basking decor-- I am gonna say not
Karrie

WinFam01

Juvie Member
The top looks like the thick metal "grate" that is on top of our 36x18x18 Thrive tank.
I'm really curious how much uvb actually gets through it, because it was so hard to get heat through to get hot enough for our girl when she was a littler baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom