Running around enclosure

Jackie...BD!

Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Hello everyone,
My beardie girl just turned one year old.
She's been very passive last 3-4 month.
She's not eating much, unless I giving her favorite butter or silk worms! Overall she looks healthy and not losing any weight. She's poops once in a 3 weeks or so. When she wants it she's running around enclosure and trying to get out. I let her our and she pooped yesterday. Today she's running crazy again and I letting her out and she pooped a very little. I put her back in enclosure, but she's still actively trying to get out. I let her run around the house. It's not usual to her. She even tried poops again, but it was nothing. I put her in enclosure again and she still running around and try to get out. I didn't change anything in enclosure. The only thing I did put little less waltage basking bulb maybe a week ago, cause the heating in apartment working to much and it was to hot sometimes. I think she likes it cause she start basking more. Before she was on cooling side more.

Attachments

• 20240117_113448.jpg
    20240117_113448.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 39

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She might be wanting to lay eggs. Make a laybox for her with enough room for her to dog a cave in the sand/soil [ or sand + coco fiber ] mix. Otherwise it's O.K to let her run around a little bit but make sure she has most of her time in her tank in case she has eggs to lay.

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
She might be wanting to lay eggs. Make a laybox for her with enough room for her to dog a cave in the sand/soil [ or sand + coco fiber ] mix. Otherwise it's O.K to let her run around a little bit but make sure she has most of her time in her tank in case she has eggs to lay.
Oh wow, I'll do that. What is the time frame since this behavior starts and when she actually will going to lay them?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wer'e talking about IF she needs to lay eggs, in which case it might be within a week or so. But it's not a sure thing that she's going to lay but just a high possibility. She might just enjoy coming out to run. Are her temps. all good ?

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Wer'e talking about IF she needs to lay eggs, in which case it might be within a week or so. But it's not a sure thing that she's going to lay but just a high possibility. She might just enjoy coming out to run. Are her temps. all good ?
Her cool side is 75-78, the hot side 83-86
Basking around the 100F. It was 105 before with higher woltage, I didn't like that stone surface was getting 115 sometimes, which I think to hot for belly.

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
O.K, that's all good.
I put the lay box inside of the enclosure, mixed sand and coco fiber. She doesn't notice it and not digging. Still going crazy all day long , trying to poop like twice a day with nothing but a little white urine part cause she's not eating anything.
I'm not even offer food cause she's throwing everything around. Once she's out , running around all walls. I attach video from my spy camera where she's in lay box but all she wants just get out and kicking glass.

Attachments

• 20240122120523798.mp4
    437 KB

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's too small, and no privacy. The smallest I used is this one here [ It's about 22-24 Long , 11-12 Wide, 7-8 Deep ] Substrate should be damp but not wet, like what you would use to build a sand castle or slightly less damp. I have a log leading up to it but also would place my girl right in the entrance.

1705944080287.jpg

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
That's too small, and no privacy. The smallest I used is this one here [ It's about 22-24 Long , 11-12 Wide, 7-8 Deep ] Substrate should be damp but not wet, like what you would use to build a sand castle or slightly less damp. I have a log leading up to it but also would place my girl right in the entrance.

View attachment 86827
I'm going to check the size of it once I got home. It definitely deep enough, that's was my main concern when I bought it. I would say it 10-12 Wide, probably not more than 20 long.
I didn't know about the privacy part. I'll try to work on that first, if that wouldn't help I'll go for bigger size then.
Thanks. She's definitely looks gravid

Attachments

• 20240120_180151.jpg
    20240120_180151.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 24

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The one you have looks like a shoe box size so get something bigger and use a lid with part cut off for an entrance. Or just use a larger plastic tote with a lot more substrate and start a tunnel by digging part by hand .
Some dragons end up laying eggs anywhere but the vast majority prefer a laybox that they can dig in to feel as if they are hiding their eggs in a " cave " , that is their instinct.

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
The one you have looks like a shoe box size so get something bigger and use a lid with part cut off for an entrance. Or just use a larger plastic tote with a lot more substrate and start a tunnel by digging part by hand .
Some dragons end up laying eggs anywhere but the vast majority prefer a laybox that they can dig in to feel as if they are hiding their eggs in a " cave " , that is their instinct.
I got a bigger box, she was still trying get out of enclosure, so I put it outside get the light on the side in case she's need it. Made a tunnel, she still trying get out from there. No luck on any digging behavior.

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
I got a bigger box, she was still trying get out of enclosure, so I put it outside get the light on the side in case she's need it. Made a tunnel, she still trying get out from there. No luck on any digging behavior.

Attachments

• 20240126_095241.jpg
    20240126_095241.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 23

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Fill it way up and dampen it more, add sand if you can get it. They like to dig a cave so as to be hidden. Also put the lid back on with one corner cut out. You don't need a light shining down in it though, just be sure the room is warm.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom