Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I can't believe Matt, that you're still reading this thread, :shock: with school & getting ready to move, you're a sweetheart to do this. There sure is a lot on here!

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
lol its no sweat I am really enjoying your thread I'm sorry I never told you sorry for having to lose Issy, Dino, Angel, and Loiosh. And then losing sweetie soon after also. :cry: I know it must have been hard on you

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
They're in my heart & also buried close by, so I visit them a lot. My hubby is in beardie heaven, where he would want to be. So he's with all my lost beardies and everyone else's, too. 2010 and 2011 were not my favourite years. And because of Sweetie I decided not to have any more females in my home, it was just too heartbreaking :cry: which explains the 6 males I have :D

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Deb! thought I'd stop by and say hello :) Love the new pictures of the boys.. glad they are all doing better. I tried to friend you on facebook but couldn't find your name.. when I looked it up it came up with all kinds of other names instead.. so if you want you can friend me.. Tammy Haer is my FB name, I play mostly games on there, but I do chat with others and post stuff as well. I got a few new pictures up. Take care

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
sweetiepie9":311j9809 said:
My hubby is in beardie heaven, where he would want to be.

Wait what happened to your husband, Roger? Oh man I'm sorry that sucks. Can I give you a hug?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
He passed away in June/11 of pancreatic & liver cancer. He was sick for 3 mo & then gone. It was tough as it was so fast, but I was able to take time off work to be with him. He was in the hospital for 19 days, it was rough and it took me awhile to get back to regular living. My son, who's now 29, was the worst hit, but my company sent us to grief counselling which helped a big deal (and they paid for it, too), so now it's been almost 2 years and it's getting easier to live on my own. Luckily we'd moved into a 1 bedroom apt, so I wasn't left with a big space to deal with and having my beardies got me up in the morning. At least it was quick and he really didn't know what was going on.

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Wow that is so sad I'm really sorry for what you went through. I lost my Uncle last November to colon cancer, and its been weird not having him here. And in December I lost my Great-grandmother, Nanny, who lived to be 91 or 92 I'm not sure but she is with my Great-grandfather, Papa, who passed away about 10-11 years ago to cancer also. So I know she is happy to be reunited with him.

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
Heya Deb! :)
Tried looking for you on Facebook, but had the same problem as JangoMom

Not sure if you can click on my signature (I use the mobile version, so I can't see signatures.)
Just in case:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=188970

I'll send you a PM for Facebook.
~Julie~ :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
I know how it is to lose someone in the family, I lost my grandma November 9th, 2004 in October she had turned 68
and died shortly in November, she spent the rest of her days at the hospice even her own b-day she had cancer but
what really killed her was she got up to walk around the place like she usually did but she fell and hit her head and
her brain just started to bleed lost the use of her speaking. She can still see who was talking and hear everything going
on but couldn't say a word. My grandpa had just died in Dec 19, 2011, due to be in the hospital which the nurse who was
there was supposed to watch him but didn't (he needed watching he'd get up out of bed so someone needed to watch him)
well he suffered the same fate, fell and hit his head and his brain started to bleed and they gave him pain killers that were not
for diabetic people and it just made him worse he would start thrashing about hurting other people but he didn't even know what
he was doing cuz he's in a coma basically he couldn't see or stop himself...died after being in the hospital for 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom