Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Yes, Liz, that's the look I get all the time, just wondering how he's going to manage when Titan gets his own set up. I can see it now "No, No, NO, that's my ramp, put me BACK" :lol:

Thanks Lindz, they've been eating well and keeping their weight up, even Titan wasn't too fazed with me feeding him. Leo hardly fought me this am when I was doing his meds in his mouth and Titan gobbled down the Baytril as usual. They all had baths yesterday, so today it's only Titan for baths. I'll just give the rest their Acidophiluz before eating. So not a rushy morning for once.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I picture you holding Didi by his back legs pullibg him off the ramp as he tries to hold on with his front feet lol

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Once again, great pics of the boys!

Titan's head looks great! You can hardly see the horrific burns anymore!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Brittani, King Didi is a good title for him :lol:

Thanks Gina, Lori and Holly, it was wonderful to see that awful gray stuff come off of Titan's head. And I'm hoping, with his next shed, the rest comes off, too. Tomorrow is the last day of Baytril, YEAH, so hopefully that means his big appetite comes back and he gains weight again. I fed him 20 roaches this am, then Didi helped himself to a few once I got Titan back into his tank and I left the rest in the bowl but Titan didn't eat anymore today. He pooped in his bath but it was all urate, which is understandable, he's not eaten a lot the last week. And the bleeding is almost done, just a drop and nothing hanging out, which is great. I think I'll keep doing his bath later in the morning, see if he'll start pooping in the bath regularly.

So I didn't realize it was going to be cold today, it was nice and sunny this am when I left, so left windows open a crack, but the wind was wicked, when I got home the temp in the living room was down to 68F, so now the heat is back on, hadn't used it for a few days. Oh well, spring is still roaring!

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
Yay, another nice, sunny day... And not near as windy!!
Hope you get to hang out outside with your guys today.

Wondering if I could add you as a friend on here?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
BlueMorpho, do you have a thread here, too? Just send me the link, then I'll be able to talk to you there, too. If you have a Facebook page, friend me there, too. Deb Buss is the name on Facebook. I'm not sure if there's a way to friend on here, like Facebook, at least I'm not aware of one. We use PMs to send messages back and forth that you don't want on a thread.

And Liz, isn't that the cutest little beard? He's been like that ever since he started Baytril, but he had his last dose this am, so I'm hoping his tummy will recover. Haven't seen a poop yet, but his eating has been so much less; I'll be feeding him again tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. He's supposed to start Panacur once they get it into the vet's office, I haven't heard, but I'm wondering if the Baytril did the trick. May just wait a couple of weeks & get another fecal before doing panacur, I'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom