Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

Tensi

Hatchling Member
Now that I'm not hung up on studies, I have more time to look over other threads, and I decided to take a peek at yours!
Oh my gosh, your beardies are so sweet, and I love your new gecko as well!

So many people have been getting geckos recently, and all the pictures are making me want one as well. But being a student, I don't think it's the right time to add a third pet :(
Maybe one day!

I haven't had a chance to read your entire thread yet, but I can say that I think it's so amazing that you've taken in so many rescues! It makes me so happy to see beardies be brought almost back to life under the care of someone who loves them.

I'm looking forward to reading more about your dragons! :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Awww, thanks for looking, it's a long thread, but if you just look through the pics, you'll get a good idea what's been going on since 2010 when I started this thread. Yes, I've had alot of rescues & lost a few, my girls are buried nearby & I put in a garden every summer where they are. This last summer it was too wet, but I"m hoping it will be better next summer. We get alot of rain! When I plant flowers, I plant for friends who have lost beardies as well. When my hubby passed away June/11 I figured he went to beardie heaven, as he liked dragons better than people & I picture him up there, back in good health, with all our babies that have passed away. It's a picture I keep in my mind alot, makes me feel better.

Thanks again for visiting!

Tensi

Hatchling Member
I'm sorry to hear about your husband! :(
But at least your passed beardies have someone to keep watching out for them :)

That's so sweet that you plant flowers for all of the passed beardies, it's such a nice tribute for your friends and your own dragons... And gives their resting place a nice touch.

No problem! I look forward to visiting again! :D

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Deb! Deb! How are your boys!? :D I feel like I've been gone forever! LOL! :lol: Myah is sound asleep and seems very peaceful. How is Lonzo dealing with not being able to brumate?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Holly, hope everything is well at your place. So Myah's back asleep, silly girl. She's like Rubio, only I haven't seen him for over a month, just to drop water on his nose once a week. Lonzo's getting used to being woken up every morning, I give him lots of outside time to run around the living room. He's eating every day & has gained weight & seems find with his one lung functioning. Gabriel is the sleepy boy, but not brumating yet, only slept for 1 day so far, he's eating daily, too. Leo is very sluggish, even though he did get some energy this am & ran around the living room for about an hour. Didi is still my firecracker, even though he passed out at the top of the ramp at about 5p tonight!

Bunny is out every night, playing with me. She's such a sweet girl, but I don't think she's warm enough, so I'm going to set up a night light for her.

Rocco needs his tank cleaned out, it's kind of stinky, so I have to get that done tonight. Tomorrow I'm spending most of the day at my folks, until later afternoon anyway, so they're all on their own until I get home. I have to be out of the house at 8:30a, but it's to help my sis make the stollen bread my mom makes every year, she just can't knead the bread anymore & neither can my dad, so that's what I'm up to tomorrow.

Can't belive Xmas is only 10 days away. I got a bonus but spent most of it on 6 power suns as they all need to be replaced in Jan, so got them today, will set them up this week. Got the 100W instead of the 160W as I think those are getting too hot for my boys. We'll see how they like the new ones.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Glad to hear your boys and Bunny are well.
Wow! That's alot of MVB's! LOL! :lol: I always walk into the shop grumbling about the price of bulbs, then I walk out feeling great, knowing it was money well spent :wink: The things we do for our little ones! LOL! :lol: I have a question posted on Myah's thread. I'd really like your opinion when you get the chance. I'm not worried, just not sure what's going on. *sigh* It's grey hairs and cartoon light bulbs above my head with that one! LOL! :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I have to admit that I've fallen in love with Bunny, she also loves to be out with me. As much as I love my big boys, little Bunny has captured my heart, I feel as if she's always been with me. So Holly, I'll check out your thread right away, see what I can do for you! Thanks for checking in.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
sweetiepie9":1wop00rm said:
I have to admit that I've fallen in love with Bunny, she also loves to be out with me. As much as I love my big boys, little Bunny has captured my heart, I feel as if she's always been with me.
I wonder which type of Gecko is the most "loving." There are so many types! A beardie is a beardie no matter how they look, but gecko's!? Whoa! It would be a very interesting poll :study:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I asked Jake, as I think Bunny is unusual, she was out with me for more than an hour last night & when I had to change into my pjs she sad on my bed & waited for me to finished before she moved. She sad in my had for quite awhile watching the "Night Fury" and "Ice Age" Xmas specials, it was so funny, as I don't know how much geckos can "see". When I put her in her tank, she pouts, but unfortunately I can't stay up all night with her. Jake said some cresties love to be handled & some never want to be. The best geckos for handling are leos, Holly, so that would be what I would think you should get. They're as affectionate as dragons, if not more so. Bunny is just unusual, as she's hardly been handled in 7 years! We just have a great bond going & she doesn't even have an issue with me getting her out of her tank anymore. It's nice to have a reptile in the evening, too, to play with!

So my news is I talked to my son on Sunday night, all is forgiven and Tara is pregnant & due in August. So there is much celebration going on & I'm now allowed to visit. So hoping to see them after Xmas sometime. And I'll be thrilled to see my grandpuppy Bella again! I'm hoping all goes well with the baby, Tara lost 60 lbs, which is fantastic, so she's been really trying to help herself, which is good news. So Eric is coming to my mom & dad's on New Years Day, she always has whoever is in town over for a ham, and he's going to announce it to everyone then. I'm going to be a grandma if all goes well!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
sweetiepie9":k71n449s said:
So my news is I talked to my son on Sunday night, all is forgiven and Tara is pregnant & due in August. So there is much celebration going on & I'm now allowed to visit.
:blob5: Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! :blob5: What an amazing surprise! You'll be a grandma! What fabulous holiday news! Congrats! A 1000x's over, congrats! :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I am so happy things have worked out for you and your son. Congrats on being a gramma again, what wonderful Christmas news that is for you. I bet you are just beaming. I couldn't be happier for ya. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow Deb, what a surprise! I'm glad that you will be seeing both of them more and that everything is squared away now. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well it will be my first time, so should be interesting to say the least! I'm looking forward to having a baby in my arms again, my youngest nephew is 6 yrs old now, but he was 10 days old when I first saw him! So having my own grandchild will be wonderful & awesome at the same time. Thanks for the congrats everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom