Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
How exciting for you, congratulations!!! You're going to make an awesome grandma, I bet you'll spoil that baby so good!! I watch my parents with their grand kids and it looks like such a blast. I am so happy for you and your family, it makes Christmas that much more special for you!

-Kaleen

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Kaleen, it's going to be wonderful & I hope Tara gets through ok. First child, first grandchild and first great-grandchild for my mom and dad!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So now Didi & Leo are alseep (again, they're up and down all winter), so only Lonzo and Gabriel are up. Gives me extra time but I miss all my boys. Have to give Rubio more water, he didn't drink last time I offered, so will do that again. Can't believe Xmas is only 2 days away, so starting my baking today. Finish it tomorrow after work & then on Wednesday, I have nothing to do! YEAH, can relax, read, be lazy, then work Thurs & Fri & off until Jan 10! Yeah for vacation time, can't wait!

I still have Bunny out every night, she's alot of fun, likes to jump off my hand unto the plush blanket I have in the living room and watch TV with me. Tonight it's the movie "Sound of Music" one of my favourites, so we'll watch that, then off to bed, I have to be out of the house tomorrow at 6:35a, I'm normally not even awake at that time, at least I'm done by 3p.

There is a really fun picture of Santa's sleigh with 8 dragons all hitched up, check out the home page, the first entry. It's fantastic and how the owners got the dragons to stay in a straight line & not fight is amazing! Really gave me a laugh. I can't even imagine getting my guys in that lineup with one of them jumping onto the other, mouth wide open, teeth flashing, waiting to take out a chunk of one of the other's tail :lol:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Merry Christmas Sweetie hope yours is a very happy one filled with love and joy. New pictures of Geico and Emily.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hope your holiday is everything you want it to be Tonja!
Thanks for the good wishes, I'm going to have a good Christmas & the day after, I have the day to just relax!

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Glad to hear things are going well for you. Its always nice to have a new baby in the family. Or in your case it sounds like two :lol: :lol: Congrats on Bunny and the future grand baby!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks, it was a bit of a shock, but hopefully all goes well for my son & Tara. As for Bunny, she's in her hide & I can only see her back end! Hopefully she'll wake up soon, she doesn't mind being handled & we're going to watch "The Sound of Music" together. She likes to jump around when I have her out & try to run away. She's such a lot of fun. It's nice to have fun with my boys during the day & then have fun with her at night! Best of both ends of the day!

Have a great Christmas Day & keep in touch!
Deb

Tonja

BD.org Addict
ohhh one of my favorite movies.."The Sound of Music" have been to the places where that was filmed. Brings back memories and I love Julie Andrews voice. I may put the dvd in and watch it with you lol.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Bunny woke up so we're watching it together, the wedding scene is on; I always cry, it's one of my favourites, I love Julie Andrews, too, such a wonderful voice!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a great movie!

Merry Christmas to you Deb, all your babies and your family. :) ENJOY!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Thanks Holly, Diane, Lori and BlueDragon, hope your holidays are good, too. I'm still baking, but now finally cooking the buns I made. I'm off to my nephews in the am, then back to feed Lonzo and Gabriel (they're the only ones awake right now), then back to my nephews for Xmas dinner & I'm also staying the night, which I'm really looking forward to.

So here are some pics I took over the last few days:
Didi before he decided to start sleeping again:
004-27.jpg

Lonzo looking young!
005-26.jpg

Bunny checking out what's behind my computer screen "what's behind here, Mom?":
006-24.jpg

In her hide "Ha Ha, you can't see me!":
010-18.jpg

Having a soak in her water dish "Ahhhh, this feels good":
011-19.jpg

Checking out the stationary sheft beside the computer "Is this a new country?":
012-15.jpg

She found a box of envelopes & moved in "I like this place, Mom, it's nice and dark":
013-12.jpg

We had 5" of snow last Tuesday, caused alot of havoc, but sure looked pretty, taken off my balcony:
008-24.jpg

009-23.jpg

Be safe everyone, over the holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom