My Zoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm uploading pics now of my current pets. Including the CWD and the Leo I got from the pet stores Sunday. Tomorrow my new BD will be in and this topic will be all about him/her. Just wanted to introduce everyone to my current pets and after the pics upload I will tell you a little about them! Any updates on the non Beardy pets will be posted under my blog if anyone wants to follow my whole "Zoo" :p I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Pics will be posted below as soon as they finish uploading to PB I promise!

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Most of mine start to ignore the dogs after the first few days. My larger BD and the adult CWD will actually head bob at my dogs. One of my dogs is really protective over the smaller animals and will actually chase the others away if they seem too interested in the cages. Mostly, they are just mutually curious. I put my dogs away and the cat outside when I get my reptiles out for any extended length of time though.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My adult CWD passed away last night.
We're thinking he had some pre-existing problems. He was probably 3 - 5 yrs old. He had a callous on his snout from where he had been glass dancing so much. I gave him more substrate and lined the tank outside as well. That cut out alot of the glass dancing. But recently he hadn't been eating and was slowing down alot. I wasn't particularly worried until he started losing weight. Then, after one of his baths I noticed that the callous had broken and was getting alot of the eco earth in it. I cleaned it out as well as I could and tried to get him into the vet Saturday night. I got him to the vet Sunday and the vet examined him. We got a topical antibiotic and some pain meds. Hoping the pain meds would make him feel well enough to eat and the antibiotic would cut out any infection chance. I gave him another bath last night and applied the ointment after giving him his pain meds. He was still a little off last night, but appeared to feel a little better. I woke this morning to find a dead water dragon

I am very sad and wish that I could have seen something sooner or done something else for him. The people who owned him before us had him housed with the Brown Basilisk. We seperated them, because the basilisks can carry a much higher parasite load than other reptiles can withstand. I am thinking that we did not seperate nor treat for parasites soon enough and the CWD just couldn't fight it anymore. Stephanie and my brother will be sterilizing the 125gal tank today and all of the climbing wood as well. Aodhagan will go back into the 125 after it is thoroughly sterilized and cleaned up. They are also going to bury my buddy for me.

The zoo is now smaller and not as happy today!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear about your water dragon, at lest you did all you could. Dragons are known for keeping problems to themselves & trying not to show as being sick, until they're so sick, they can't be healed. That's probably what happened in your case. It's so sad to do so much & lose your pet anyway. That's what happened to Sweetie, my vet & I did all we could, but i think she was sicker than she led on. It's so hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet, my heart goes out to you all.

How's Goliath doing, has he gotten bigger? Update, please!
Deb

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's Godzilla :p and yea he's slowly growing. He's had another shed recently. I will try and get a length and weight and maybe some new pictures up soon. My camera keeps growing legs and walking off.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'll have to remember it's Godzilla for future. Glad to hear he's growing & shedding, that's always a good sign that he's doing well.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
So sorry about your cwd. :( I've always liked them. I'm sure he knew he was loved.Ya'll seem to take very good care of your zoo. :D

Sandy H

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":1uyjj5kl said:
I'll have to remember it's Godzilla for future. Glad to hear he's growing & shedding, that's always a good sign that he's doing well.
It's ok, I call roll half the time anyway before I get the right name.

protiemama":1uyjj5kl said:
So sorry about your cwd. :( I've always liked them. I'm sure he knew he was loved.Ya'll seem to take very good care of your zoo. :D

Sandy H
We do our best!

Last night was a cleaning night for us. We bathed all the beardies and cleaned their enclosures up. Inigo has been letting his food hide in his blanket, so I took that out. Also gave him a dose of Bene-bac just to be on the safe side. Caoimhe is now 13" StT! Godzilla is 2" StV. I didn't get any weights on anyone last night. Well except Inigo, I wanted to make sure he wasn't losing weight. He's 330 grams, so hasn't really lost any. Everyone seems to be doing good eating their greens too! Steph had to give Sansa 2 bowls of greens yesterday and she almost devoured the 2nd bowl as well. The Basilisk got moved into the 125gal tank. Hoping to have the CWD enclosure built this weekend! I'm sure Aodhagan will appreciate that.

Next two projects will be 6' long enclosures for the Redfoot Tortoise and the Basilisk. Those will be a little while in coming though.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well I may have figured out why Inigo was acting so weird lately...
Last night I bathed him and let him swim a good bit. Had his favorite rock in the tub so he could take breaks. When I picked him up to check him out and brush away some dirty spots I checked his vent area.
I pulled a sperm plug out of his vent!! Let me just say ewwwww. The things we do for our beardies. Hopefully he feels better this morning though and will eat for mommy. He acted like he felt a ton better last night but still wouldn't eat his bugs. I fed him some carny care and bought some babyfood just in case I have to resort to that.

Caoimhe is doing well. She devoured her bugs last night. Just wish she would devour as many greens :p
Sansa is seeing so much better now. She hardly ever misses a bug anymore. Still has a slight depth perception problem sometimes though.
Godzilla is growing albeit slowly. I worry about the little guy and wish he would go through a nice big growth spurt soon.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh yea wanted to add weights. I will add the ones I can remember:
Inigo - 315g
Caoimhe - 100g
Sansa - 35g
Godzilla - don't remember but he is really light somewhere around 15g I think.

The only two we have measured length on lately:
Caoimhe - StT 13"
Godzilla - StV 2"

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I'll second your "ewwwww" and raise you a :bleick: or perhaps even a :puke: . How can you tell if they have a sperm plug and if it needs removing? YUCK!

On the others: no wonder they are so cute. Such tiny lil' draggies. May they all grow as big as Rubio. His slave said he is now down to 808g.! :mrgreen: Deb is such a good slave. :laughing6:

Sandy H :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I agree, sperm plugs ewwww! I've had to remove 2 from Lonzo, he my 9 yr old & very randy :mrgreen: He didn't like it one bit, but as it was hanging out, had to remove it. I haven't had the honour of doing that for any of my other boys, but there's always a first time.

Sandy, sperm plugs are U shaped & hard like plastic; if you ever have to remove it from your male, you'll know.

Jonathan & Stephanie, I'm glad you got that sperm plug out, it has to be uncomfortable!

I'm glad to hear that Sansa's eyes are so much better & that Godzilla is growing. Your zoo is still expanding!
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom