My Zoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm uploading pics now of my current pets. Including the CWD and the Leo I got from the pet stores Sunday. Tomorrow my new BD will be in and this topic will be all about him/her. Just wanted to introduce everyone to my current pets and after the pics upload I will tell you a little about them! Any updates on the non Beardy pets will be posted under my blog if anyone wants to follow my whole "Zoo" :p I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Pics will be posted below as soon as they finish uploading to PB I promise!

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I really did want to strangle the breeder... I don't suppose that would have been the best thing to do at the Reptile Show though. But, it will be interesting to help Godzilla get back to a good situation.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad you found Godzilla, as most people won't take on a beardie with problems. I also notice Syrio had his eyes closed, is he the one with the eye issues? You might still want to take him to a vet to check out his eyes. Caoimhe is beautiful, what great colours she has! It's always a great thing to bring unhealthy dragons to good health. All our dragons are rescues or adopted. We've only had 2 babies, Rubio (the big guy) and Issy (she passed away in 2010 of a virus that went around, she was only 19 mo old at the time, just broke our hearts). All our other dragons were adoped or rescued at an older age. Lonzo was 5 yr old with tail rot, so we got him to the vet to get part of his tail amputated & that ended the tail rot, thank goodness. Didi was a foster beardie, but his owner is living in Japan permanently, so Didi's my dragon now. I'm so glad he's not going anywhere, I just love my little orange beardie (he has yellow polka dots on his tummy, he's so cute!) Leo was rescued with a female, but their new owners had enough with Puff, so they gave us Leo. He can be very fierce, but I love him anyway, as he's a 1st class cuddler. So are all my dragons. They love cuddling, the more the better.

Thanks for the nice pics of your dragons, glad to hear they're all doing well.
Pics of all your animals would be nice, too
Deb

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes, I do believe we will be taking them to the herp vet that is about 30 minutes away from us. Both Syrio and Godzilla need a checkup to make me feel better. I will see about getting a fecal run for Caoimhe as well just to be safe.

I'm going to have to stock up on worms apparently. Caoimhe has decided that phoenix worms are her new favorite food -.-

Steph was working on flickr to organize all of the photos and post them here. If you want, you can go here Our Flickr Stream and see all the pics we currently have uploaded as well.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I do want to get them all checked out...fecals anyway. And Jonathan is right, Syrio and Godzilla need a good check up. Especially poor Godzilla. I can't seem to call him anything but lil man cause he's so freaking tiny!! We gave him a bath yesterday and he decided he wanted to go swimming. I, of course, was freaking out the whole time. But Jonathan was with him and he did extremely well. Speaking of, it's about time for a bath now. I just worry so much about him. And that breeder - I just couldn't believe I was hearing him correctly. Anyway, guess I'm off to bathe Godzilla.

~Stephanie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Swimming is the best exercise for Godzilla, it keeps his muscles well toned. He sure sounds like he's getting comfy with you guys. It's such a great thing when you rescue a dragon. All my dragons are adopted or rescued and I've done my best to get them all healthy. I've lost 3 dragons, breaks my heart but my 4 boys are all grown up & healthy, so that makes up a bit for my losses. If I was home more I'd be looking for more dragons, but being out of the house for 11 hrs/day I just wouldn't have the time. It's nice to know there's someone enjoying their babies like you guys. I just loved the pics in Flikr, you are doing such a great job with all your babies.
Deb

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Deb. I just noticed last night after Godzilla's bath that it looks like he is missing a good bit of the scales on top of his head. I will try and have Stephanie take some pictures to post up. It doesn't look infected or anything that I can tell. It's hard to tell with him being so tiny though. Hopefully Steph will get some pictures up and we can get some more opinions on it.

~Jonathan

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Deb,
You are SO right! I told Jonathan before we left for the retile show we weren't bringing any creatures home. But when I saw Godzilla, I just couldn't leave him there. It's a bit of work, especially keeping him hydrated - but I wouldn't change it for anything!!

I haven't been able to get any pictures that are decent really, but I do have some to show his size. Between his size and our not so great camera, these are the best we could do so far.

6769669703_ab04e33493.jpg

6769656063_f904a57b6e.jpg

6769649565_c98b98fe97.jpg

6769642287_15e45ba926.jpg

6769687329_c10dc2b9c9.jpg

He is tiny!!! We have to bathe him approximately 3 times a day, and he drinks each time. He is chasing his dinner a bit more and has started exploring a little more when he comes out. I will try to keep the pics updated more. I'm up all night now, so I should be able to find the time....lol

~Stephanie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Loved the pics, at least he's not afraid of you guys, which makes a difference as he can relax & eat & grow. The baths are so important for him, as babies get dehydrated so quickly. Glad to hear he's getting 3 per day. And chasing his bugs, that's great. Just make sure he gets lots of calcium, on all his food, so his bones will stay well. He'll do fine with an arm & short tail, it's the just beginning. If you find he's not eating enough bugs, you can always offer babyfood. The one I used for my babies (Rubio's 3 yrs old now, but he's still my baby) was vegetables & chicken, then butternut squash. They're both by Heinz. A friend of mine said she found Gerber greens, too, so that rounds out a good meal. It will also help him grow. I used to feed Rubio, when he was very tiny, from my finger. I have the babyfood on a dish, full of calcium & a pinch of vitamin/mineral supplement. He'd hang on my finger & lick up the food that I'd put on my finger on my other hand & that's how I got him healthy again. I guess it worked, as he's now 21" long with a tail nip & 802g last weigh in. He's 10 1/2" from snout to vent, really long with a huge head & beard. Have no idea where that growth came from, as the store said he was just a citrus dragon. He's way bigger than the other 3 & my baby!

Keep up the good work, both of you, your zoo mates all look healthy and happy!
Deb

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yea he is really good about being calm with us. He seems to trust us a good bit which surprised me for one so young and not treated so kindly or handled much. We feed 100% natural baby food to him. I have Chicken and a squash babyfood that I mix a little pedialyte and repta-boost into to help him stay hydrated and healthy.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sounds good, he'll start growing with what you're feeding him, you'll be surprised once the growth spurts start. Keep me posted & more pics when you can.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thought I would update everyone.

Going to have to do something better with Godzillas tank. I don't think he can quite get enough of the UVB so I'm working on an idea for raising the "bottom" of his tank. He's doing well otherwise. I get around 2 - 3 cc's of baby food in him every other day and he gets bugs everyday. Plus his salad that he really just doesnt wanna eat unless you hand feed it.

Syrio is now Sansa, we do believe he is in fact a she. Eye sight still isn't the best, but not getting discharge anywhere near as much as when we got her.

Inigo (the big guy we picked up in Georgia) is doing well. He is a little turd and I think he actually likes his new Viv. Going to have to get some more tile and build him a basking ledge etc though. He has this fun little habit of running through his poop if you don't clean it up fast enough to suit him. I've got Stephanie and Thomas watching for poop in his viv while I am at work now.

AND: Caoimhe. She is still as crazy as ever. She has decided she only wants to be on top of her basking platform for about a 1/4 of the day. Then she climbs up the rock beneath her ledge and just hangs out the rest of the day. Feeding time rolls around and she is all over those bugs though.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
For those that asked before Caoimhe is a Leatherback Crimson Super Blood Bearded Dragon from A1Dragons.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Caoimhe
6815420583_dd510fe944.jpg

Chillin on my head
6815356721_cfe1f9dd28.jpg

Waving at Inigo who is in his Enclosure
6815287721_dda4e55248.jpg

Looking Around

Sansa
6815257219_514e4f2e07.jpg

Hates the flash
6815238553_ed67a847f5.jpg

Just laying there. She likes her tank better than outside

Godzilla
6815223913_c35478a188.jpg

Bath
6815215943_261b95233f.jpg

Bath
6815133457_fb611a7499.jpg

Pinkie Beardie
6815125061_3ae64406ee.jpg

So Small

Inigo
6815108683_6fcafffe88.jpg

Makes a mess
6815093903_4f69c6b04f.jpg

Eyeliner (not really it's his actually colors)
6815068127_c5c5a34e67.jpg

Trying to get away again
6815058475_0f885bafcd.jpg

Lion King Moment (He was looking down into Caoimhe's enclosure)
6815040323_d9e5fd84f7.jpg

Nap Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom