My Zoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm uploading pics now of my current pets. Including the CWD and the Leo I got from the pet stores Sunday. Tomorrow my new BD will be in and this topic will be all about him/her. Just wanted to introduce everyone to my current pets and after the pics upload I will tell you a little about them! Any updates on the non Beardy pets will be posted under my blog if anyone wants to follow my whole "Zoo" :p I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Pics will be posted below as soon as they finish uploading to PB I promise!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR

2008107.jpg

Hope your Christmas is happy and 2012 is a great year.
Deb, Rubio, Leo, Didi and Lonzo

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Kitkat - believe me, there are times that I'm pulling my hair out wondering how on earth we made it this number. Now, we have the 1 CWD, 1 Beardie, 1 fat rat and 5 geckos. We got a gecko for my nephew for Christmas and he is leaving it at our house as well because he has big dogs (Mastiffs) that get into EVERYTHING. I fell in love with a rat at the store, so Jonathan brought him home for me - that makes for a lot of fun with the dogs and cat. We also picked up the new additions that were supposed to be a male and female - Cleopatra and Anubis. We believe they may both be males. Hello new vivs. My living room is non existent. But, when it all comes down to it, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Deb - Thank you! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year as well! Ours was actually a lot more fun than we expected I think. And in some ways, I think we may still be finding gifts to give. That is such an adorable picture!!! I can't wait until Caoimhe grows up and gets so adorable! She's adorable now, but so tiny....:p

~Stephanie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Rubio is my baby, he's 3 years old & I've had him since he was a hurt little baby of 3 mo old & 24g. He was always dark, had lost the digits of his right front & back paw. He also had a tail nip, we're not sure how much longer it should have been. So we healed him up & he was an ordinary dragon at regular weight at 5 mo old & by a year old he was almost as big as he is now. He's really funny, he does things the other boys don't even think of. When he's wide awake he runs back & forth along the length of his 75gallon tank. When he's in outside time in the living room, he knocks everything over and tries constantly to get over the barrier that protects the back of the TV and all the wires for all the lights. He's a nutty boy. He doesn't mind cuddling if he's wrapped up in a towel or blanket. If he's not, he'll snuggle for a few seconds, then the good paw get out & he starts trying to get off me.

Anyway, all my boys are funny, especially in the spring; when Spring Fever starts, it's mating season & they all go nuts. Depending on when they were sleeping to begin with, 3 of my 4 boys are sound asleep, brumating. When they get up, the Spring Fever Nut Job starts. You'll see, probably next spring, even though your little one isn't that bit, that will be right at juvie time & if you think your baby is funny now, wait until adolesence. Starts about 5 mo old & goes until they're over a year old. The males are funny, but the females are, too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

Deb, Rubio, Lonzo, Leo & Didi

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":14tn0k1g said:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

Thanks Deb!
So, yesterday was a cleaning day. I showed my nephew how to clean out his enclosure. I also cleaned all of the other enclosures as well! I try to at least vaccuum them with the hand vac every day. On the weekends I normally do a quick disinfect. With a bi-weekly full disinfect. It's not that bad, sometimes I actually enjoy it lol. I take out the little guy/gal and set them on my shoulder so they can watch while I clean their cages. Sometimes, Caoimhe gets a bath while I clean hers. Mommy tries to steal her every time I get her out though....

I think the CWD wants to try and eat the dogs... He's always bobbing at them and smacking the glass to get their attention.

Well I'm going to go back to work now :p

~Jonathan

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, it's been a few days since we've posted anything! Holidays are crazy! Welcome to 2012 everyone.

Caoimhe just had a full shed. I havent had time to measure and weigh her yet though. We'll get some measurements and pics up soon so everyone can see her pretty colors!

She is so funny, she wants out so... bad. If you get up and walk by her tank she will come down off her ledge or hammock and glass dance. Then trying to put her back in when she needs to warm up, she tries to climb back up your arm! Such a cute little girl.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok so we've been slacking on posting. Updating the sig will come a little bit later because we now have 3 new additions. We got 2 leos from the Pet Smart the other day and walked out with a beardie for free. The beardie has been having ongoing eye problems apparently. We've been keeping it's eyes rinsed daily and haven't seen a whole lot of discharge since we got it home under Caiomhe's lights.

I bought 2 new 40gal tanks from PetCo on the $1 per gallon sale. Split one up for Leos and the other is going to be the new beardies home. I plan on cutting the tile tonight and building his basking ledge. I need to get a flourescent fixture tomorrow. Already have all his light bulbs.

Set up the two new leos in 16qt sterilite tubs for now. We will be starting a giant / supergiant breeding program with my buddy. Bought about 700 crix from pet stores >< $70 on crix alone. I wish the temps would hold long enough for me to order some crix online.

***EDIT***
Going to see if Stephanie will post some pics for everyone!

~Jonathan

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
***Update***
New beardie has been put in his own enclosure. Got him set up in his own little home now! The eye discharge doesn't seem to be very bad, he isn't really discharging much now. Keeping with the eye drops and daily baths to make sure though. Trying to wean him off of hand feeding is getting to be problematic. He doesn't want to hunt apparently. I know that he CAN see and CAN catch the crickets, I've seen him doing it. He just apparently doesn't want to. Got some repta aid to dust his food with and will give him a probiotic just to be on the safe side. Also going to try and get a fecal to the vet and check on parasites.

Caoimhe is still her wonderful self. Apparently she can be slightly jealous of the new beardie! She now dances anytime I am near his cage or holding him. Maybe she just doesn't like him, but I like to think about it the other way lol.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Caoimhe is definitely jealous, aren't they cute when they want your full attention. It's the same here, they all want to be cuddled at the same time. With four males it's alot of black bearding & head bobbing. I did have Leo on my left shoulder & Didi on my right shoulder for awhile today, but Leo tried to jump on Didi, so he had to go back into his tank. I do have a pic of Didi's mom Nicole & me, Nicole is holding Didi & I'm holding Leo, with Lonzo & Rubio on my lap. They were all trying to bite each other, but they did stay still enough for 1 pic, then I had to get them all back into their tanks to avoid a big dragon fight. :mrgreen:

GetAttachment-2.jpg

That's the first time I've held all 3 & got a pic to show for it!

I'll be looking forward to new pics of your crew, as you add to your menagerie!
Deb

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So...

We named the new guy Syrio, I think it's gonna turn out to be a male anyway. He didn't have ANY discharge or cloudiness in his eyes yesterday. He's started trying to hunt a little better now, he still wants to be hand fed I guess. I'm trying to break him of that.

Caoimhe is getting to be a big girl, I will try and post their lengths and weights this weekend. She likes to run around now when we get her out of the enclosure.

We are going to the Dixie Reptile Show this Saturday, it's supposed to be a good show for its size. Maybe I can find some leopard geckos for my breeding project.

That's about all for now, maybe Stephanie can find the camera cord today so we can get pictures up!

~Jonathan

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well... we got a handicap beardie from the reptile show. The breeder said the little guy lost his arm in the first week of his life. Then apparently the breeder decided not to seperate him from the rest of the clutch... He said "I think he's been having trouble getting to the food through the crowd"

UGH!! So anyway we took him home. Got him in a 10gal with a UV and Basking light. He's so tiny he can fit comfortably on Stephanies ring finger... with room to spare. Missing one arm and a good bit of his tail.

He has been eating, pooping, basking, and getting around well despite it all. Really likes Stephanie too. She can walk by the tank and he wants to follow her and beg her to get him out lol.

Caoimhe loves worms... She ate worms for about 20 minutes straight Saturday night. I guess I'm going to have to grab some more worms soon.

We found the camera cord over the weekend. Hopefully get the pictures loaded up on here today.

~Jonathan

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, time for some pictures!!

Syrio

6733547097_5cfc6cab80.jpg

6733583193_cfc3f79ea2.jpg

Caoimhe

6733595277_33efcc3fab.jpg

6733604041_b388d1b93d_z.jpg

Still have to get some pics of the little man we brought home, but hopfully we can get those done either tonight or tomorrow night. Will try to get some more of Caoimhe's new enclosure and Syrio exploring. :)

~Stephanie

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
They are so cute and sweet. :D I can't believe so many people are getting handicapped beardie babies. Sad that there are so many out there. Glad that there are people like you who will take them in. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom