My Zoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm uploading pics now of my current pets. Including the CWD and the Leo I got from the pet stores Sunday. Tomorrow my new BD will be in and this topic will be all about him/her. Just wanted to introduce everyone to my current pets and after the pics upload I will tell you a little about them! Any updates on the non Beardy pets will be posted under my blog if anyone wants to follow my whole "Zoo" :p I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Pics will be posted below as soon as they finish uploading to PB I promise!

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Deb,

He is adorable!! I hope he gets better soon!!

Update:

Caoimhe had some strange coloring on her tummy. So, we rushed all 4 to the vet. Here's what we found out:

Godzilla is terrified of the vet and decided it was okay for Mommy to pet him. Aside from not pooing that day, he appears to be in great health. He weighs over 40 grams now!

Sansa had a fecal run, as she decided to provide an example about the time the tech walked in. It was pretty stinky, but the vet said there were no parasites, just the usual pinworm eggs.

Inigo is holding steady at 236 grams. He tried to bite the vet, silly boy. He's in good enough health, and thankfully there were no parasites. However, he does have an unusual amount of bacteria in his poo, so we had to put him on Metronidazole. 5 days on, 10 off, 5 on. Hopefully after that, he will start eating better again and gain some weight back.

Caoimhe, the reason for our visit. She refused to poo, and so far hasn't for a couple of days. We didn't get to that because we didn't realize at the time neither of us nor anyone else in the house had cleaned up her poo. However, the more pressing issue: Yellow fungus. Yes, it was confirmed. Microscope test and all. However, thankfully Jonathan had heard of this stuff (I hadn't) and caught it early. We were told to soak her twice a day in a diluted Iodine solution and follow up with a yeast infection cream. The conversation went something like, "You caught it early. Use *see above*. It may take a while to clear up, but there should be no reason we have to jump into the really heavy medications with side effects."

No one else showed any signs, thank goodness.

Still searching for the cord. Will keep you guys posted.

<3

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad to hear that Goliath & Sansa were healthy, what relief for those two. At least now you know why Inigo hasn't been eating all that well, hopefully the meds will do the trick.

Glad to hear you caught the yellow fungus early, it's a nasty thing. How long do you have to do the soaking & cream before you go back for a check up? Yes, I've heard of it & it's really great that Jonathan caught it so early, this way it will clear up. It really likes to stick around, so I'll be thinking of your little one & be wanting to hear updates.

Gabriel is back on panacur, double dose from last time, but I'm glad my vet didn't put him on a heavy dose to begin with as he was severely underweigh & hardly any energy. At least this time around he's feeling better. I think there's still something wrong with his eyes, so going back to the vet on Friday morning to have that checked. His eyes were encrusted with sand when I got him, so I"m wondering if there's still some grains in his eyes. Never having had this issue before, it's good that I have a good exotic vet, so even though he gave him a clear bill of health when I first got him, worrywart me wants to make sure.

I'm glad you're back with updates of your crew and how's the baby leo doing? I'm hoping you find that cord one day so I can see some pics!
Take care
Deb

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I can't imagine taking 4 lizards to the vet at the same time!! Talk about a circus - I can only imagine how insane that must have been. :lol: The last think you need is YF running around your house. I am sure Jonathan knows how to keep everything sanitary so that doesn't happen. Talk about quarrantine! :eek: Good grief!

Now I want a baby leo, thanks to you guys. HAHA and I haven't even seen a picture of yours yet. How little are they when they are born? I bet they are so teeny tiny.

Take care you two!!!

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Deb,
You know, when we first got Sansa, she had some eye issues. She had some icky gunky buildup. Every once in a while, we notice it is back. The vet doesn't seem too worried about it at this point. We use the reptile eye drops and some q-tips to wash it out and for a few weeks, it will be nice and clean. She went from barely being able to see and having to be hand fed, to being a pretty awesome hunter with a few depth perception issues. "Oh, I thought you were WAAAY over here..." But over all, he says her eyes look good.

I do truly hope that this round of meds will do the trick for Gabriel. I was thinking about him all night last night after we gave Inigo his meds. I know it breaks your heart to see him in any condition other than wonderfully healthy, and that just makes you so much more of an amazing person to me. It takes a lot to give so much of your time and energy and love under any circumstances, but especially so soon after losing Sweetie. Gabriel is so very lucky.

As for right now, we are under orders to watch the YF and if it isn't improving in about 4 weeks, we go back. OR if it starts getting any worse before then we go back. She's not too impressed with her baths, but so far she's been a good sport about it.

Inigo has been pretty good about letting Jonathan give him his meds. I don't do meds. It kills me to watch them be forced to take anything. He is eating his greens a bit better and doesn't seem to be dehydrating as quickly. He spent about 30 minutes just lounging on the arm of the couch this morning, which was nice. He usually tries to go back in his tank.

The baby leo is doing great. Still waiting on the first shed/poo so she (hopefully) will start eating. She has, however, found her lungs. I went to check on her this morning and remoisten her hide. For the first time so far, she tried to bite me, hissed and screamed. I miss the quiet little leo who just wanted warm skin, but it is nice to know she's healthy!

Shannon,

You're right...it was interesting taking in 4 beardies. Luckily, we had a huge styrofoam box from PetSmart that they recieve their fish in. It made it much easier to sit the 3 larger carriers in there and just carry Godzilla. Of course, there was still a bit of bobbing and black bearding the whole time, so that was interesting. However, I'm considering taking Godzilla in once a week. While we were there, he forgot he was in "I eat you" mode and didn't fight me when I went to pet him or hold him.

The baby leos are adorable when they are born. The egg was just over 2 inches and the baby is quite close. Teeny tiny. Picture a pinky, only a tad bit bigger. And she's already got such gorgeous colors. Obviously, they'll change some, but for Raptor morph, she's gorgeous!!! I love all my pets, but I have to say I enjoy the leos just as much as the beardies and it would be hard to choose one or the other.

I have to admit, I haven't been keeping up with the threads you guys have. Sorry :oops: But I'm trying to get it worked out where someone else is fixing dinner so I can catch up.

On a side note: our Lady-bug (husky) isn't feeling too well. AND Daisy (the tortoise) got her first pinky today - to say she loved it would be an understatement.

I currently have a basillisk and 3 of the 4 beardies watching me, so I guess I better go dole out some attention. Still searching for the camera cord...*wonders if puppies ate it* :bleick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom