my yellow beardy's head is turning brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a yellow beardy about a year old and and this morning i woke up and his head has light brown spots and it gos all the way down his back, is this normal or could there be a problem?thank you for any input

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Could you post a picture? Sometimes certain areas turn slightly darker before it lightens up when they are getting ready to shed. So, a picture would be helpful to see if a shed is indeed coming on.

happymunky

Original Poster
i can post one later cause i'm at work right now, if you would'nt mind checking in later that would be great=) thank you

happymunky

Original Poster
i came home and my dragons color is back to normal, i gave him crickets this morning dusted with rep cal do you think that had any thing to do with it?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good that the color is back to normal now. It shouldn't have been from the Rep-cal dusted crickets. Perhaps he/she was darker to help warm up & absorb the heat quicker as that is what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom