My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Rosie woke up today, early this afternoon. We soaked them both and Rosie drank a lot, which she usually does upon waking up after a long nap. Squirt didn't drink so I left her in the water (still warm) after taking Rosie out, drying her off and putting her back in her tank to finish drying off and warming back up. Squirt gave me this look, before put Rosie in her tank, wondering why she was still in the water. When I informed her that she didn't drink while Rosie did and her urate was rock hard when she pooped on the desk (thankfully, I had a used paper towel nearby that I grabbed and her poop landed on the towel). Her urate was long and hard so I wondered if she was dehydrated, tho she's more apt to drink water, at least from her dad as he figured out a way to do it where she's willing to drink. Anyway, Squirt turned her back to me in displeasure when I informed her she had to soak for awhile longer. :lol: Children, they want their way all the time, even if it's not really good for them.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I hope you have a grey start to the new year!

And Squirt is such a little character, huh? Then again, they all seem to have their quirks. :roll: :lol:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
zandi202":2pvy0bvv said:
I hope you have a grey start to the new year!

And Squirt is such a little character, huh? Then again, they all seem to have their quirks. :roll: :lol:

Yes, she's very stubborn, and curious also. The first day we had her, we took her to town to see our friend and do other things, and she was sitting on my shoulder and looking behind me, suddenly she jumped off of my shoulder to the back of the chair I was sitting on. I realized she was curious about the screen on the window she was looking at. I emailed the lady that sent her to us to ask if she'd ever seen a screen to find out she hadn't. I had explained what the screen was and how it is used.

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
beardie parents":2etzdxna said:
Now for the first pic I took of Redrock and Sandstone
sandstoneredrock.jpg

sandred11-11-06.jpg

You never hear me talk about Sandstone because he/she disappeared in the month of February, we'd just had him/her for 4 months at that time and we never saw her again. I'm not really sure what sex sandstone was.

Here's one of the first pics we took of her belly. She got this quick, after eating only between 20 and 60 crickets every day.
Redrock12282.jpg

I'm sure a lot of you remember this pic, or even her this way
mr17-001.jpg

This one is of her the first year we'd had her, outside in my mother's yard. She seems afraid because she was always afraid of places she didn't know
redrock-momshouse.jpg

I freaked out a little when she started growing a really large beard. It eventually got this big. This is the only pic I took of her beard like this and it was on my cell phone
Redrockandchin.jpg

did sandstone escape or die?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
We don't really know what happened to Sandstone. They both were outside with Bill (my husband) and Sandstone disappeared and we never saw him/her again. We don't even know for sure if Sandstone was a male or female. When we got them both we didn't know much about them and I hadn't even found this site until about 3 or 4 months after we lost Sandstone. Redrock bonded more quickly with us after Sandstone disappeared.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I'm sorry. The more beardies you loose the more it hurts. Stories like that are what make me hesitant to purchase beardies from Petsmart or other places like that. We were lucky with Rosie. We got her over 5 years ago at a reptile show from lllreptile, out of California

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
Thanks and I am going to a reptile show for my birthday in may and yes I agree and I will NEVER EVER BUY FROM PETSMART EVER AGAIN!!!!!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You sure have had some very special beardies Lori. All of them will always hold a special place in your heart.

How are you girls doing, are they both brumating?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Rosie seems to be waking up every day for at least a week now. For a few days, she'd wake up about 2pm, sometimes 1pm sometimes 10am. I think we are going to have an early spring. I hope so for you guys out east/north. Last year Rosie slept 1/2 the time she slept the year before, this year was more than last year, maybe the same as the first year she slept. I hope she doesn't have the same problem laying eggs that she had the last couple of years. She layed one here, two there all spring and summer long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom