My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Deb, I do have a question, how were you able to tell that Lonzo's (?) lung partially collapsed. I don't think Goldie's has but ever since that accident last night she was opening her mouth like gaping but at night with all her lights off, she wasn't too hot. According to Bill, Goldie was opening her mouth a lot all day, then Rosie started it, so part of it was the heat and the other part I'm not sure about. Is it possible that Goldie was doing that just because she's still sore?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Probably, it was the vet that said Lonzo's lung could have collapsed a bit, but I think he just pulled a muscle when he flipped over. Barbara & I both think that Lonzo's flipping is caused by his neurological issues. He has spasms in his back end & can't lift his tail. He also wraps his feet around his tail when he has the spasms, it's all old age for him, he's 9 yrs old now. When he's warmed up, his back end doesn't spasm so much.

As for Goldie gaping, watch her when she breaths in & out & see if she breaths the same on both sides. Then you'll know it's probably being warm, you said it's really warm at your end, so that would probably be it. As I said, Lonzo fell 3' after he lost his lung funtion & his back joints were a bit loose, but no breaks, so daily liquid calcium will help her greatly. If she's pooping normally, then theres' nothing wrong with her belly or insides. So that's a relief to know. Being sore would be normal. Do you have the daily dose for the calcium from Tracie? Keep giving her that to help her heal. I've always found it helps greatly.

Hope Rosie decides to give up the rest of her eggs soon, she sounds like Sweetie, an egg here & there for a week, then hopping in & out of the laybox for another few days before finally settling down & getting rid of them. We figured it's because they're waiting for a male to magically appear to fertilize the eggs. Go figure, especially at your end where there isn't a male to be seen!

Let me know how Goldie is faring & try not to worry (sorry, I know how difficult that is, I worry about them constantly!), she'll be fine, I'm sure!
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks, Deb. I can't help worrying , it's just because she's one of my kids. Yes, I've been giving her calcium for awhile, we are almost out of it but I probably have enough for another couple of weeks or maybe more. I have been giving it to her about 3 times per week as the directions suggest. Bill doesn't feel comfortable giving it to them so when I have to be at work early, before they wake up enough to give it to them they don't get it until the next time I have to work later. It looks like Rosie is almost ready to lay more eggs. It's funny, last year (first egg laying) she laid all 22 at one time, in my bed. This year, probably because she didn't sleep as long this last winter as the year before, warmer winter this year, she's laying her second clutch differently. I expected the same thing this year as last, now this time has me worried because of egg binding issues. The first egg she laid that are on her was enlarged and we worried about a prolapse but it went back in, this am it's enlarged again, tho not as much so I put her in the laybox Bill made that first time but she doesn't seem to be ready yet, or maybe she isn't, we will find out.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Lori, please don't beat yourself up over Goldie's fall. As both Deb and Barb said, it was an accident and they do happen, no matter how careful you are.
If she isn't acting stressed when she moves, I'm sure she was only stunned over the fall and gaping due to the heat. You would know if she broke a leg or loosened a joint, because she'll be dragging the leg or favoring that limb, respectively.

Rosie sure has a strange egg laying pattern. For your sake, hope she'll lay the rest and be done with it for this year.

Hugs to you and your babies.
(PS - I feel the same way about my babies as you do, as I don't have human children either. These guys are my life and I worry excessively over their well being; I just don't tell everyone about it.)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I can't help it. I realize now that it was just one of those things, thankfully it didn't cost her her life. I haven't been home with her all day but Bill is watching her as he's the one who takes her out all the time, I'm just with her on the weekends and, now that it's summer, on Friday's also. I realize that God has looked out for her several months ago. I wanted to get her some liquid calcium and didn't feel we could afford it at the time. Well, one nice person on this site purchased some for me and I've been giving it to both of them, I slipped a little a month or two ago but I started giving it to them three times a week. I realized yesterday that this fall would have been worse for her if I hadn't had the liquid calcium. The mistake we made that I didn't realize at the time is giving them zucchini every day then I re-read the list and noticed that zucchini was not an every-day food because it causes problems with their bodies calcium levels and that was probably why Goldie kept loosing the middle claw on both front feet, at least two times. I am soo thankful!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
I am so glad Bill can spend a lot of time with her while you're at work, I hope that eases your mind too. It sounds like she's going to be ok :) Has she been breathing ok today? Any more gaping like the other day? I sure hope you can forgive yourself, Lori -- it was an accident. She knows you love her and would not hurt her.

Coco has turned into a little booger, and likes to jump. And I mean JUMP off us. So the kids and I will not have her out unless we sit with her now. She goes for the highest point she can get, then she plays daredevil. I realized she sees the quilts hanging by the front door, and she would eyeball them intensely when we went outside... and I think she was aiming for them one day... thinking she could leap, grab on, and hang out there. Scared me half to death, not like I don't already have enough gray hair. I think she is Rocky reincarnated... from the Rocky & Bullwinkle Show.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
It sounds like a couple of male beardie Gina had a couple of years before she got Pookie. One was a daredevil who, if I remember correctly, would get to the top of the couch and jump off with his tongue hanging out, repeatedly. That may scare their human parents half to death, but they continue to do it. We've never had beardies like that, thankfully as that would drive Bill nuts.

Yes, I forgave myself the next day when I realized that Goldie would have been in a lot worse shape without the liquid calcium we were given. That made me extremely thankful as we've had that for, I guess, 6 months and it's getting almost gone so we will replace it next week.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good, I swear by liquid calcium, I've stopped giving my boys any powder at all, as they don't always eat every day, so twice a week they get liquid calcium & once a week liquid vit/min. It costs the same as the powder but has a longer expiry date, plus they love both. I give Lonzo it more often & Gabriel gets a bit every day.

I'm so glad you're feeling better & so is Goldie. It's hard not to worry about our beardies. I have one son who's out on his own, I worry more about my beardies than I worry about him! He is 28, but still, it's strange to say that , but it's true. My beardies are my babies. When Eric came over last Saturday to help me work on the balcony, he noticed Gabriel. I'd promised him I wouldn't get any more beardies after Roger passed away, but as I told him, Gabriel needed a good home & who better than me to take him in? He's doing ok, he'll do better after his last panacur dose this Sunday. I'm hoping after that he'll be eating lots of supers & salad & fatten right up.

Give Goldie a big hug for me, and tell Rosie to get rid of those eggs already!
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Lori, you have a great memory!
Yes, Felix was the daredevil. He loved to fly, literally. He was the one who'd try anything and everything at least once, and deal with the consequences later. And yes, he gave us all alot of heart-stopping gasps. That boy had no fear in him.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I've never forgotten those two, I loved to read about their antics, now we have 3 more beardies antics of your's to read about.

Rosie laid 2 more eggs in the bed last night. I came home a little late, saw two eggs up toward the head of the bed, with a little poop there for good measure, I guess, but Rosie was sleeping with a little black beard, probably because I bothered her sleep because it didn't last. I tried to warn her that if she didn't get these eggs out I wouldn't let her brumate next winter, then we wouldn't have egg problems next year, and she had such a look, like "oh, no!" :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:mrgreen: Hopefully she'll stop with the 2 at a time (nice of her to add a poop for good measure!) and get down to laying the rest.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Lori, I wonder if Rosie is waiting for the spa treatment like Digi -- I think maybe Digi tattled how relaxing it is... I am new to this whole egg junk -- when you know they are ready to lay (i.e. a few here and there like Rosie is doing) would belly massage help? In a little-extra-warmth bath? Just a thought, I could be wrong?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Digi does love her spa. Such a strange girl.

If Rosie doesn't seem to be bothered with not laying all of her eggs at once, heck, let her be.
I'd only worry if they were causing her discomfort - like Digi where she'd been 'free floating' her belly as much as possible.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Being that they are my kids, I'm trying not to worry but I can't help it. Never having dealt with an egg laying female, except these last two years, I don't really know what to expect. It was over last year before I realzied what was happening, now this year she doesn't seem to have enough hormones to get the eggs laid in one wack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom