My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
We usually buy the greens for them that we like ourselves (except for the spinach) I can't get Bill to try the mustard greens on them but then the beardies we've had before don't seem to like mustard greens. I do know none of mine (so far) like the dandelions. I got someone to give me some wild (AZ) dandelions but Goldie just shook her head when I gave one piece to her but she spit it out. Redrock didn't like the ones we bought from a store in Tucson, when Bill tried it he understood as they were bitter.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Late last week I got a stink eye from Goldie. I went to turn Rosie's lights on, saw her on her basking spot (no lights) so I picked her up for snuggles then walked around to turn Goldie's lights on. I then went and sat on a chair we have between their vivs, saw Goldie walk from her hide up on a rock she has next to the wall on the side of the chair. She then looked at me like she was unhappy that I was holding Rosie and not her. Well, as a good mom, I got up and picked her up, holding both at the same time. She wasn't angry any more when I gave her morning snuggles. We have spoiled them really well as Goldie is used to morning snuggles to warm her up.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Here's a pic Bill took of Rosie Zoom when she was digging in a muddy hole.
P1030022.jpg

Here's one I took of her a few days ago when she had just crawled out of her hide, she looked soo sleepy.
P1030023.jpg

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
look at that snoot full o' mud! That picture is precious! I love it when they look so sleep... we love on ours at wake-up time, too, they're like little kids, that look on their face like "aw, ma, I don' wanna go to skool todayyyy!"

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Lori, how are you all doing? Mine all have that "do I have to wake up" look when I turn on their lights. Rosie looks so cute with the mud on her snout & her sleepy eyes at wake up time! Thanks for the pics, more please!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
We are o.k. I guess. Bill has had problems with his back from a minor injury about 2 weeks ago. He got an appointment with our Chiropractor in a nearby town for last Friday. Since I could'nt go because of work and he had problems driving, a good friend from our church took him. Unfortunately, yesterday he was in the wrong position and sneezed hard and throu his back out again. He's frustrated as it seems he wasted the $ at the chriopractor as he had the same problem the very next day that he went to the Dr for.

Rosie is o.k. Sometimes she will wake up before we turn her lights on but that's usually when she's hormonal. I don't think she will lay eggs this year as she's not as hormonal this spring as she was last spring. They both, Goldie Speedy especially, seem to require snuggles in the am and when I have to leave for work early, as I did last Friday and tomorrow, I sometimes get this look from Goldie that she's unhappy with me because I am not giving her the attention she requires as one of the two Princesses in our home. I sure to love and enjoy them both. I can not see my life without any beardies in it. More later as I have to get my permanent press clothes out of the dryer that I need to wear to work tomorrow.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hope Bill gets his back organized, as one bad backer to another, it's frustrating when it takes more than once to get a back issue back to normal. I go to my chiro about every 3rd week, so I know what it's like, but I have scoliosis and my back problem is cronic. Hope he feels better soon!

My crew is in for a shock, I start back tomorrow am to work full-time. Finally sleeping & feeling back to normal, but I don't think they will be. They're not used to being in their tanks all day anymore, but that's what's going to happen tomorrow, as I won't leave Didi out for the day, well I may, as he's so used to being out & Leo wouldn't have any fun unless he was out. I'll see, but tomorrow, at least, he's in his tank for the day. Hope they all do their poops before I leave or I will have some poopy dragons to clean up when I get home tomorrow night! It's going to take them some time to get used to me being back to work, that's the only bad thing about going back from being off sick, oh well, have to do it & don't have any vacation time until July & August, when I've booked every Friday off, so at least I'll have long weekends with them all summer.

I know the look, as I get it, too, even though I don't leave until 10:30a & get them all up at 7a, so we do have the morning together. I went babysitting to my nephews tonight, so lights were all off at 4:30, they were all up late yesterday, so it will do them good & they'll all be up early tomorrow, which starts our regular schedule again. jake will be coming in about 6p, as usual, to play with them, turn all the lights & TV off.

I'm hoping Rosie doesn't lay eggs this year either, it's alot of worry & so not necessary; if only we could pursuade them to not bother! Have a good day tomorrow, Lori, even though you're going to get morning looks again!
Deb

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
LOL Glad I could get a good laugh out of Bill LOL ... at least I'm good for something 'round here ROFL :D

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Dawn, being the nut that you are, you are worth more than just a laugh, but it's good that you can make us laugh. I got used to being laughed at by Bill because he says I'm funny, well, I guess that's why my mother would laugh at me while I was growing up.

Thanks, Deb. He was feeling better, but then we had to go out to a meeting this evening and he was in a rush to get his pants on and hurt his back again. The bad thing is we can't afford to go to see our chiropractor as often as we need to because of financial issues.

I don't think Rosie will give us eggs this year, thankfully, as she's back to her "I don't want to wake up yet" mode. She didn't wake up yesterday until 11am. That's why I had Bill put a sign on her hide "I don't do mornings, Do not wake up before 11am by order of Zoom Zoom". He still calls her 'Zoom' or 'lil- zoom' and I call her 'Rosie' or 'Rosie Zoom Zoom'. I hope you had a good day at work, Deb.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I did, thanks Lori, but I sure missed my boys. I'm glad there won't be any more eggs at your place, too much worry!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Rosie isn't the egg layer that Sweetie was as she only laid eggs one time, earlier in the year last spring. She didn't sleep as much this last winter as she did the year before (too warm, I guess) so that's why she wasn't as hormonal as she was the year before. This is fine to me because I don't have to worry about her attacking Goldie as much this year as last.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Lori,
Sorry to hear that Bill is having back problems...hope he feels better soon. Is he icing? What about after those adjustments? It will help not just with the pain and inflamation, but helps maintain the adjustment better most the time too. Does your Chiro have you spinal molding?

Hope you feel better soon Bill now go ICE!!! :wink:
If the pain is real bad I'd suggest 20 minutes on ice then 20 minutes off and repeat. It's the best free pain killer there is... if you just wait out the 20 minutes it takes to get the full affect. :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks, Barbara, It seem to be better this evening but he's being careful. His back was doing better after the Friday adjustment but then he sneezed in a wrong position and our Dr. told Bill that can knock your back out which it did for him. Then he was getting better, again, then got in a little bit to much of a hurry last evening getting ready to go to an important meeting just putting his pants on. He was seriously frustrated, this was, basically, 2 injuries in a 3 day period. Dr. Judd has stretching exercises she gave us to do every day and it helps. Bill works out with weights but hasn't done much lately because he needs to let his back heal before he goes back into serious workouts. He's never gone overboard but just doing something you can normally do sometimes causes problems.

I hope you are feeling better with the loss of Miss Piggy. I know she was an old lady beardie but it still hurts when you loose loving beardies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Lori, I can totally relate to throwing out a back by simply sneezing. I'd done that so many times this past year that I can now tell you exactly how NOT to stand/sit when I feel a sneeze coming on.
I hope Bill will continue to feel better without having to visit the chiro too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom