My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We had a few days of high 70 and low 80 temps. Tonight it's supposed to go down to 19 degrees! All our dwarf fruit trees that are in bloom will probably be frosted. Oh well, not much any of us can do. :roll:

So, did Rosie dig to China? :lol:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I understand your frustration with that, Diane. We have a dwarf peach tree that's about 13 years old. It's been dying a little more every year for the past 3 or so years. Every time we have nice buds on the tree (it gives out great tasting peaches) it frosts, usually right before Easter then some of the peach buds die.

Bill says yes, Rosie did dig to china but he had to help her in her digging.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
yes, we are blessed with them, most of the time they get along great but once in a while, usually when Rosie gets hormonal, she will try to go after Goldie, that's why we don't house them together. Our first two were best friends and I miss them, and watching them talk to each other.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
beardie parents":k2socqb4 said:
I understand your frustration with that, Diane. We have a dwarf peach tree that's about 13 years old. It's been dying a little more every year for the past 3 or so years. Every time we have nice buds on the tree (it gives out great tasting peaches) it frosts, usually right before Easter then some of the peach buds die.

Bill says yes, Rosie did dig to china but he had to help her in her digging.
Wow, that's an old peach tree. Do you get a few peaches every year? It did get down to 19 last night but it was windy so we're hoping that prevented the trees from blight. Will have to wait and see.

That's funny that Bill helped Rosie with her digging.

It's amazing how different females can act toward each other, you just never know as it just depends so much on their personalities.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
The last year we got a lot of peaches was in the summer of 2009, we got about 15 five gallon buckets full of peaches. We gave some to our pastor we ate a lot, I made some sugar free peach jam for Bill. The year after that we got about half that. Last year it was windy all spring, it never seemed to quit so most all of the peach flowers blew off so all we got was not quite one bucket full. We were told that dwarf peach trees don't last very long, maybe about 10 to 12 years. I guess it's at the end of it's life. I was wondering if you were aware of the age of dwarf peach trees.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh my goodness, 15 five gallon buckets! I have heard that they can last 15 yrs or so. Our biggest problem is trying to keep the squirrels away from them. We cover the trunks with something slippery so they can't get traction and now they climb the deck railing and sit on the deck pulling peaches off. :roll:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I think we will be lucky to have ours last this year. We haven't had that many peaches since. I hope we will have some this year. Last year we had the month of February (2011) got down to somewhere between 1f to 5f overnight several nights. A lot of the peach blooms died. That's one reason we didn't get many peaches last year. I'm hoping we will get more this year but we got a freeze for a couple of days but it was only down to about 25f to 30f. Maybe it didn't hurt the peach tree that much this year.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Perhaps you should get another one, we have another on the way. :p Temps 25 to 30 may not have done any damage. When we have a real hot summer, sometimes we have quite a few undeveloped peaches fall off, that's a crime.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I've been looking around and I haven't found any. Last year Home Depot never had any peach trees that I'm aware of. I looked on their website and all the peach trees listed on there were not available. Lowes didn't have any at all listed on their website. This dwarf peach we got from Ace, I believe this was before our local Home Depot opened. I really would like another peach tree.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Diane, what type of tree do you have, dwarf or regular? I didn't think a peach tree would make it well in our zones? I think you guys get pretty much the same temps as NE Ohio during the cold winters? I would love to have a peach tree at my campsite, and maybe one here at home... there is a nursery in TN that sells them for $12 for 3-4 foot dwarfs... how many seasons until it produces fruit?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
We purchased 2 fruit trees, one peach and one apricot just over a week ago. We are finally about to get them planted today. Anyway, we were give some Kohlrabi and it has nice leaves on it. I was wondering what any of you knew about the leaves? I'm assuming the Kohlrabi is the root type ball I looked it up in the food list and it's a feed occasionally, tho I'm wondering if that means the leaves or the ball.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Hi Lori, I haven't fed kohlrabi to mine, but I would assume its the leaves... I am always paranoid about feeding stalks, I'm scared my dragons will choke on it, just my dumb fear. But you will be safe feeding the leaves

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
We did feed them the leaves they ate them. I tasted part of them and they seem to taste like collard greens, only a milder version of them.

Thanks, btw

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
beardie parents":213ersv4 said:
We did feed them the leaves they ate them. I tasted part of them and they seem to taste like collard greens, only a milder version of them.

Thanks, btw
LOL we do that too, human taste test ... the kids and I have eaten numerous flower petals out of curiosity, because they are listed as safe for beardies... I now put mustard greens on my swiss / chicken sandwiches LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom