My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Goldie is doing better. Her equilibrium is better, tho not quite 100% I would say more like 90%. I gave her liquid calcium from Tracie every day except one day this week. I'm glad she's almost better because I won't be able to give her the calcium at all from Tuesday to Thursday this week as I have to be at work before they wake up for the day.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thank goodness Goldie's doing better.
Would you be able to give her the calcium when you get home? You could even wake them up for it, since they won't need to digest it or anything.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
I always give mine liquid calcium when I know they will have at least 2-3 more hours of UVB lights ... cause the lights cause the D3 which helps absorbtion... was I misinformed?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
They don't want any food of any sort late in the day. I gave them calcium about 2:30 one afternoon and had a fight with both, but Rosie especially.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
I guess mine are just so unstructured with some things, my crew has gotten flexible. Working from home isn't always easy to stay disciplined LOL. Sometimes they get calcium early afternoon here, but then I always have my little pipette full of water and offer drinks if I don't have time snuggle, but want to give them a couple minutes of lovin'... a few drinks, a scritchscratch on a sheddy spot, a little hand-fed this or that...

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
We have our girls spoiled, and they have us trained well. as they have us trained to put them into our bed to sleep by 3:30 or 4:00 pm.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
This is a pic of the last two eggs Rosie laid. They were laying around for less than an hour I was told after being laid If I remember correctly, the eggs she laid last spring (April, I think) they were rounder, these are more oblong tho not that bad. I would like the experienced parents of egg laying females to take a look and tell me if they are fairly normal. I don't know if she will lay more eggs or not, she doesn't seem hormonal at all right now.
P1030049.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
On Saturday a friend of ours came by and we ended up going to a local historical area called "the Brown House" it was built somewhere between 1902 and 1908, I think. It is a nice place for hikers and there are some roads near there for off road riders. Anyway we, of course, took our girls with us and I thought I'd share some pics of the area with you
P1030063.jpg

The important things for Arizonans = Trees
P1030060.jpg

Here's the friend with Goldie. Goldie tried to wander around and we wouldn't let her. She gave me the look asking me "are you going to help me here?" I told her no we didn't want her wandering around a new area with other people walking around potentially hurting her.
P1030062.jpg

On the road in Me and our friend
P1030052.jpg

Here's a stagnant pond they take care of for the native wildlife.
P1030053.jpg

On it's porch
P1030059.jpg

A couple of pics inside
P1030057.jpg

P1030058.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Goldie gave me an awwww moment yesterday am. I finally saw her before I went to work. I had to go in earlier and work to the same end time (5:30) which made for longer days so I haven't seen much of her the last couple of weeks. When I picked her up to give her some calcium she clung to my shirt and wouldn't let go. Unfortunately, I can't take her to work, I'd never get anything done and there is just too much to do. Now they both are on the back of my neck as I'm bending over this keyboard. Bill took a picture the other day of the both of them sitting in the window looking at each other as if they are talking to each other. They do that from time to time but not as intensely as Miss O and Miss Y did.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yes, they did! and Bill is their main caregiver as I work 5 days a week for about 6 hours every day plus driving time of close to an hour, then added time with shopping errands, during the summer, I work longer days but I'm off on Friday because the college is closed on Fridays during the summer.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I had ordered more calcium (almost out of the first batch we were given) and some serrapeptase from Tracie and we got it Thursday evening. I gave some of both to Goldie this morning and, I believe she seems to be better this evening. Her balance wasn't very good for awhile, it wasn't real bad but since her fall a few weeks ago her balance didn't come back completely yet. I will have to wait for a few days and see how it goes before I say for sure.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you, Gina. We are worried about her also. She pooped in her tank today before we left for our chiropractor appt. and didn't move away from it. I don't know if she preferred the basking spot/heat or what but normally when she poops in her tank she makes sure to move away from it until we get rid of it for her. Usually she has a way to let Bill know that she has to go (as long as he's in the room at the time) and he gets her out so she doesn't have to poop in her tank. That made me wonder if there is something else wrong. We can't take her to the vet for awhile as we have bills due that we can't cover yet.

I have been giving her the liquid calcium daily, except for a day or two here and there when I had to be at work about when she woke up and that seems to have helped some. I tried to show/tell Bill how to give it to her but he's not comfortable doing it so I do. I gave her the first dose of the serrapeptase today as we just got it after they were asleep yesterday. I think it helped some but it's not easy to tell as she's sleepy by the time we got home from our Chiropractor appointment.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Lori, when I first started Crash on Serrapeptase, he seemed sleepy for 1-2 days. Not sure if it was the kapow to his system, or what, but on day 3 he started munching away on his salad and didn't stop until his bowl was nearly empty, and was more active. Granted, we were seeing signs of possibly fatty liver disease -- even the yellowish tint to gums/tongue, so that's why we started him on it (our vet didn't hold out any hope that it would help, but it did).

Not only has the Serrapeptase seemed to help back that waaaaaaay down (he has regained about 70 percent or more of pinkish now instead of yellow!) but he seems to be a little more energized, and alert, and just happier overall... So give it time and watch her for changes. It helps with inflammation from the research I have read, so if she does have any inflammation / aggravation from the fall, it may help with that :D I see her picture on Carlye's door (they have dragon pics everywhere) and think of your girls often!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom