My new 14 month dragon won't touch veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

momto2dragons

I have tried every staple veggie, I have ripped, chopped small, chopped large, added bee pollen. I can't get him to try any vegetable. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
They will go through periods where they just won't eat. My guy can go days without touching his salad. They can be stubborn little critters sometimes. You just have to out stubborn them sometimes. Try putting a bug on the veggies to see if that will entice them over to it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Make sure your using the correct UVB and correct basking temps
NO coils for UVB and correct placement and distance for long tube fixtures
basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer
those two things are the most important things in the tank

momto2dragons

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1ywjl74q said:
Make sure your using the correct UVB and correct basking temps
NO coils for UVB and correct placement and distance for long tube fixtures
basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer
those two things are the most important things in the tank
This is all correct.

momto2dragons

Original Poster
Shaun78":l1nh6qtp said:
They will go through periods where they just won't eat. My guy can go days without touching his salad. They can be stubborn little critters sometimes. You just have to out stubborn them sometimes. Try putting a bug on the veggies to see if that will entice them over to it.

I guess my concern is he isn't getting enough veggies to be 80/20 on the veggie/bug ratio. He also isn't getting daily supplements if he is skipping daily salads. I have tried bugs in the salad and he isn't interested.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please dust the bugs- have you tried BSFL on top of the salads as lures to the bowl?

momto2dragons

Original Poster
KarrieRee":f79ox8io said:
Please dust the bugs- have you tried BSFL on top of the salads as lures to the bowl?

Yes, he has no interest of getting near the veggies - even with bugs. If I only dust the bugs, he is getting supplements only on bug day. I am feeding bugs every other day which will cause him to be of the normal schedule for supplments, cal - 3 x week; cal w/d3 2 x week and vitamins 1xweek.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
My baby was super picky at first, but after a week or so I found that she loves carrots, butternut squash, celery, and kale. Make sure you're cutting the vegetables as small as possible (if you think you finally cut it small enough, cut those pieces in half as well). I also spritz her veggies with water because it helps her stay hydrated and also makes it easier to eat. If you switch it up again and your dragon still won't eat, hold off on feeding bugs for a few hours so that she will have to find another food source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom