beardie stopped eating veggies

spencer118

Hatchling Member
since june got into her new tank (2 months ago), she hasnt been wanting to eat any veggies. i can only get her to eat maybe one piece of squash and thats all.. ive tried adding new things to her salads like melon and leek but she never wants it. i always give her bee pollen so she actually eats it but i guess she got sick of it, another thing she has been shedding for the past month so that might be it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
since june got into her new tank (2 months ago), she hasnt been wanting to eat any veggies. i can only get her to eat maybe one piece of squash and thats all.. ive tried adding new things to her salads like melon and leek but she never wants it. i always give her bee pollen so she actually eats it but i guess she got sick of it, another thing she has been shedding for the past month so that might be it
What are you feeding for insects / any worms? Are your surface basking temps being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer? 95-100 ---- your UVB is a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med -- Arcadia Pro T 5 or a Sunblaster Nano Tech ??? Shedding can effect the appetite but 2 months is a long time- is she hydrated? How is she getting water? All these things can effect the appetite --- also is she losing weight?

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What are you feeding for insects / any worms? Are your surface basking temps being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer? 95-100 ---- your UVB is a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med -- Arcadia Pro T 5 or a Sunblaster Nano Tech ??? Shedding can effect the appetite but 2 months is a long time- is she hydrated? How is she getting water? All these things can effect the appetite --- also is she losing weight?
i got a digital probe its around 98-105 in her tank, i have a long tube uvb aswell. she gets silkworms and hornworms every weekend so thats how she gets water. i dont know her exact weight but she doesnt look any skinner

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i got a digital probe its around 98-105 in her tank, i have a long tube uvb aswell. she gets silkworms and hornworms every weekend so thats how she gets water. i dont know her exact weight but she doesnt look any skinner
and to add, she isnt lethargic or anything shes fairly active and i take her out everyday

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get a weight on her kitchen food scale weigh in grams keep track of it - the silk worms are great for a staple - the hornworms too - please offer her water on her nose or in a bath - I am thinking she might be dehydrated -- what does her urate look like? it should be formed white and moist - no chalky looking or dried out-- if that is good she may be holding out for those worms --- and that is why she has stopped any the veggies --

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Stop feeding her insects completely and just start offering her salads daily. Once she starts eating her salads you can start reintroducing her insects. Adults can get stubborn like that sometimes. They won't let themselves starve, she'll start eating her salad once she gets hungry enough.

Much more important for her health to be eating salads daily as the bulk of her food.

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom