My "My-my(s)" Myah found a home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall I wag my tail and fetch that ball? No. This will not do. I think I'll sit and bask awhile, maybe all day through. Is that yarn? A funny thing. So fuzzy soft and round. Chase it? No. I will not go. There's crickets to be found! I will not sing a pretty tune. I will not bounce and hop. And if I get too tired, it's anywhere I'll plop. But please my person, mom of mine, or my daddy dear, Remember when you're gone away, I still wait right here. I love my bath, our cuddle time, you're more then just a face. Please don't ever give me to an unfamiliar place. I need you and I'll try to show how great that I can be. Even though, you may not know, if I'm he or she. Have some faith. You'll earn my trust, I swear with all my heart. It's plain to see and clear to me, here's our fresh new start.

(Inspired by a very loved little dragon.)

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
JangoMom":1yi0oz8u said:
Love the new platform They are all great though.
Thank you. :D I have a Obsessive compulsive tendencies, so I'm glad it only took 3 tries! :p I'm experimenting too! I read that you could micro wave salt dough. If it works, it could take hours and even days off of the drying time. Trying it now. I'll let cha know :D

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Conclusion:
This did not work for me at all! LOL! :lol: Perhaps this method is best suited to small pieces such as flat Christmas ornaments. :wink:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Holly, guess you're right, but that last one you made was beautiful and since Myah is asleep, you'll have lots of time for it to dry.

I did check out Leo care sheets and this was the best one I found:
http://www.geckosetc.com/htm/care.htm
It seems quite thorough. Jake uses coco fibre instead of sand, that's what I use for my geckos, too. You buy it in a cube, then chip away at it and add water, it fluffs up and makes the greatest substrate. But you can check out other sites, too, there are great leopard gecko online sites where you could get other opinions. All the geckos I've seen in pet shops have always been on playsand, too.

So let me know what you think.

I'm off to get Bunny out of her tank and feed her Repashy, she won't eat it on her own and it's what she needs to eat during the week. Once a week she gets crickets, she's a great hunter and she gobbles them up in an instant! Wish my dragons would eat like that!

Enoy the rest of your vacation!
Deb

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
(Here's Myah's platform. I put bunny directly under the bulb in her hood to show how far away from the side of the viv the heat source is )
100_2803_zps0895a569.jpg

(I wonder if it looks too crowded now?)
100_2805_zps3c359520.jpg

(Myah's small branch finally fits again. It's her "baby branch" from her 1st family and I didn't have the heart to take it from her.)
100_2804_zps4e684805.jpg

I think the big issue is how BIG her hide is. I won't take that away either. She's seems much happier with it there, but oh is it huge! :shock:
Let me know what you think :wink:

sweetiepie9":xw3ueure said:
I did check out Leo care sheets and this was the best one I found:
http://www.geckosetc.com/htm/care.htm
It seems quite thorough. Jake uses coco fibre instead of sand, that's what I use for my geckos, too. You buy it in a cube, then chip away at it and add water, it fluffs up and makes the greatest substrate. But you can check out other sites, too, there are great leopard gecko online sites where you could get other opinions. All the geckos I've seen in pet shops have always been on playsand, too.
Awww... :D Thank you so much Deb. I'm very confused right now. I love the idea of a leo, but do I dare stray from the BD!? :shock: I'm just so comfortable with beardies that the thought of something new seems scary. I'll keep researching though, it's bound to click someday :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Her tank is find the way it is & her hide is priceless, if my crew didn't have their own hides, I'd get one of those!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3kza8was said:
Her tank is find the way it is & her hide is priceless, if my crew didn't have their own hides, I'd get one of those!
Aw, thank you :D Like keeping things a little more clean, but I'm really stuck. She LOVES her hide and wants her two branches together. I can't move the basking stone as I can't move the lights. I may move her hide to the other corner, or move her baby brach to the other side of the stone just to see if that'll give give her more options. We'll see :roll: Oh! I also found an amazing gecko forum, recommended by a member of BD.org and gecko forums.net! :D Everyone there has been very kind and helpful.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":2xzoe1bj said:
That's great, sis! I'm glad there is a gecko forum that is as nice as we are.
Yes. So far so good. Infact, the people there seem very interested in the salt dough idea! (Just for decoration or a possible hide :wink: ) It's a nice change as I've bumped into some very nasty forums. Thank goodness for the good ones :D
BlueDragon09":2xzoe1bj said:
I agree that her tank is fine.
JangoMom":2xzoe1bj said:
Hey! I love the way her viv looks.. and I love her basking stone you made.. beautiful
Tonja":2xzoe1bj said:
wow Holly what a beautiful viv for our Myah. She is gonna love it.
Awww...Thanks everyone. I tried moving a few things and it just looked silly :roll: Looks like this is how it will stay :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
you need to see the new pictures of your lizards i am caring for lol.....you will be shocked like I was

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
jezwolf175":pcv5pac3 said:
Aww that viv looks amazing. Are those window or vinyl stickers on the tank?
Thank you. :D Non-Toxic "wall clings/art" So Myah stops attacking herself while eating :roll:

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
I'll have to get some for fafnir's new decorated viv. It might not be until next month though. I'm making more salt dough objects. :)

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
jezwolf175":1y99ujr2 said:
I'll have to get some for fafnir's new decorated viv. It might not be until next month though. I'm making more salt dough objects.
That's great! Can't wait to see it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom