My "My-my(s)" Myah found a home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall I wag my tail and fetch that ball? No. This will not do. I think I'll sit and bask awhile, maybe all day through. Is that yarn? A funny thing. So fuzzy soft and round. Chase it? No. I will not go. There's crickets to be found! I will not sing a pretty tune. I will not bounce and hop. And if I get too tired, it's anywhere I'll plop. But please my person, mom of mine, or my daddy dear, Remember when you're gone away, I still wait right here. I love my bath, our cuddle time, you're more then just a face. Please don't ever give me to an unfamiliar place. I need you and I'll try to show how great that I can be. Even though, you may not know, if I'm he or she. Have some faith. You'll earn my trust, I swear with all my heart. It's plain to see and clear to me, here's our fresh new start.

(Inspired by a very loved little dragon.)

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
ohsmileb":ol91p5cc said:
That picture is so cute! Happy new year! Very pretty platform btw!
Thank you. Happy 2013 to you too :D

Basking Platform...Take 3..? :roll:

Sooo... The whole idea was to make something functional that would allow for Myah's small branch. She's had it since she was an itty-bitty-babe (I think she misses it) And! I made it too wide! :shock: I don't know how that happened! So it's take 3! Thank goodness salt and flour are cheap! I like this one the best though, so I'm really excited to try it :D

100_2800_zps6b8c2b8e.jpg

100_2801_zps0d62fd1e.jpg

100_2802_zpsc908c376.jpg

(I really love the angle I was able to make)

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I love it better than the others. This one looks like it could be a rock for her to just perch on. Think I may try something like this for Emily and do seashells and a crab on it. Like in beachy colors of sand, blues and other colors for the shells and crab.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Tonja":1gij1d8a said:
I love it better than the others. This one looks like it could be a rock for her to just perch on. Think I may try something like this for Emily and do seashells and a crab on it. Like in beachy colors of sand, blues and other colors for the shells and crab.
Thank you! This is my favorite. I think seashells and a crab would be perfect! I started a thread in the DIY section, then asked jezwolf175 to post that lovely treasure one, so I'm really interested to see if it catches on :D
jezwolf175":1gij1d8a said:
I like how this one came out. those other ones though looked great as well.
Thank you. I really think this will be more functional for her. they're just so fun to make and this one took far less time as I've now gotten alot of practice! :lol:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Oh! And the pink flower is a nod to you Tonja. I remembered you had said that Myah didn't like her cling flowers because there was no princess pink! So here it is :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
LOL Holly...she definately has her princess pink now...I just love that. Myah being the dainty diva she is will love it. Its perfect for her.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Oh! That ones my favorite out of all of them! Good job! Do you think you could post the recipe for the salt dough. I think I'll try to make something. Not sure what though.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
noelerhard":4nl5fdpg said:
Oh! That ones my favorite out of all of them! Good job! Do you think you could post the recipe for the salt dough. I think I'll try to make something. Not sure what though.
Thank you and ofcourse. Equal parts flour and salt (example: 2cups flour + 2cups salt) Then add warm water slowly. Start with one cup of warm water and mix til smooth. Too sticky? Add flour. Too dry? Add water. Mix in food color if you choose or dry fully and paint. It's super fun! Bake at 200-205f watch the edges closely, browning means take it out and air dry the rest. Time depends on the size of your piece. Let me know how it goes! :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's lovely and I do like it better than the others. The pink flower is raised enough for her to lean on, too. You did a great job Holly!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
noelerhard":dye3yb93 said:
Thanks! Would that be a good material to make floor tiles out of?
I don't think so. Salt dough is tough enough for the odd thing, but floor tiles are likely to chip with being cleaned, taken out, and being put back in. This is best for projects that have some bulk to them :wink:
sweetiepie9":dye3yb93 said:
It's lovely and I do like it better than the others. The pink flower is raised enough for her to lean on, too. You did a great job Holly!
thank you! I finally feel like I'm done! LOL! :lol:

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Okay. I'll come up with something else. Maybe like a stacked rock kind of thing. She keeps knocking her rocks over.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Check out the DIY section for "salt dough basking spots" my friend posted with something really neat! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom