my beardies stomach is injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonZillaKing

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:angry5: I just figured out why this happened my friend who is suposedly a beardie ecpert said that it is ok to pull the shed off a beardie.so 2 days ago i did . I just read something on the internet saying that if the skin shed is damp like then don't pull it off but my suposedly friend lied to me and said it was ok so I did it. The sheding skin I pulled off was damp and noe I'm furios. My por mlittle dragon us going througpain cause I was so gosh darn stupid and listened to a friend who said peeleing there shed is ok. And now I don't know what to do.
:angry5: :cry: now my beardie is suffering cause of that ******* .

Oh and my beardie is 17-18 inches long.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Brandon....I just edited my reply because I read what you did . Although he's sore, it's much better than yellow fungus ! I know you're trying to do the best for pancake, and you sure gave him a variety that seemed like a banquet for him ! But you can make changes in his diet that will help him. So just give him fruit once in a while, and start offering greens like turnip, mustard, collard and dandelion. Try adding live crickets to his diet at least once a week but be 100% sure that there are NO strays left in the tank....they would bite at his wounds. As the other posters mentioned, get rid of the walnut shell right now....that will get in his wounds and then the bacteria could easily lead to REAL yellow fungus or another infection that could be deadly. Please don't wait ! If you're in Carlisle Pa. you may be near one of the big monthly reptile expos....go there and get him a Reptisun 10.0 bulb. It won't cost that much. As for the wound, try unpasteurized honey [ from health food store ] or Neosporinon on it, then wind some gauze around it. You can do those things and that will help. If you don't do anything it will get worse. Beardies are strong, so if you help him out now he will recover !

Esther19

BD.org Addict
You can also use a regular household bulb for heat. A clear bulb is best, and you can use the ones for the overhead can lights, as well.

DragonZillaKing

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:D thank god that there is a home cure. I put the guas and neosporin on her and I don't know how fast the effects are but she is lookinf better already. Shes even less lathargic and now she actyally want to move

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Oh my...so sorry you've been misguided. At least you're here and we all want to help. I agree, make the diet changes, switch to paper towels since they're probably handy and your substrate MUST be cleared out immediately. Also, I think when applying the Neosporin, it should not contain any pain reliever. If I'm wrong I'll be corrected but it's what I've read and been told.

Good luck. Keep us posted. The UVB - Retisun 10.0 TUBE is also very cheap at http://www.petmountain.com

My thoughts are with you.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Good natural antibiotics I recommend for dogs and cats are pure Oil of Oregano and Coconut oil as well. As far as I know, both can be applied to Bearded Dragons. Oil of Oregano is one of the most incredible healing tools I've seen to prevent infections.

Good luck, and I'm sorry you were so misguided. :(

BEARDIESandCOFFEE

Hatchling Member
It seems like it may be an allergic reaction/infection. probably due to the bedding your using. Scale rot is common when a bad bedding/moisture/fecal matter/and lack of needs (i.c. UVB,HEAT LAMP) I would immediately get her off of that bedding onto paper towels! make sure the humidity isn't up in her tank. And at all possible cost, seek a vet! I know your saying you can't afford a vet visit, BUT, if your local PETSMART has a banfield in it, you can say a friend recommended you to go, and they will do a free first time check visit. at least to get it diagnosed.

DragonZillaKing

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm pretty dure its not scale rot cause thid only started right after I peeled her shed but thank you.
And as for the lights o will be gettin my money asap so I can get new lights

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Do you have her off of the walnut shells yet? You need to get her off of those if not. Keep her on paper towel without much decoration. I'd keep her, personally, in hospital conditions. Very sanitary and very dry. As for the undeveloped scales, you just have to keep applying an antibiotic ointment. I would also hold off on bathes and give her water through syringe, personally.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stihlgirl
Top Bottom