Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, the appointment went really well. He's taking all his meds and supplements. My vet and I decided that it's too soon for xrays and blood work, so have an appt on Jan 21 for both to see how he's doing inside. I'm getting him walking every day, too, just hold the base of his tail and give him a little push and he starts walking, so he walked the length of the living room and up the ramp & watched TV for awhile. That was alot for him.

So if they're 7 months old, they should be about 14" long now and over 100g. If they're not that big, then they need to eat more. You've got all the right stuff, lights, etc. and with feeding them separately, it should work to get them growing more. Good luck!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So my tank stand is almost done at no cost to me! (Gotta love grandparents:) I went to buy the tank Monday at petco, and the lady we talked to said they didn't have a 40gal in but she said she would order one. So we went home, and maybe an hour later she calls saying they had one in the back. We went to get that one but when they pulled it out it was an aquarium without a lid. :banghead: Sooooo, no tank yet, will try the next sale at a different pet store. I just ordered bugs though since we are almost out. Mufasa is at 7 1/2" and Norberta is at 9". :blob8: Not 14 yet but we will get there. Have some pics I'll post later hopefully.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It all sounds great and so nice of your grandparents to make the tank stand for you. And yes, they will get there, just feed them as much as they'll eat twice a day if you can manage and outside the tank as you've been doing. You will eventually have 2 big dragons!

Keep me posted!

And tell the pet shop you go to that its a 40 gallon kritter keeper. 36" by 18" by 18".

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So sorry for not posting!!
I have my tank stand, it is GORGEOUS!!! The tank fits perfectly on the bottom, and the top will hold the second tank perfectly too. My pet store it having a 1$ per gallon aquarium sale at so hopefully soon they will have the tank sale. My bugs I ordered arived Thursday........ in Florida. So I had to go buy nasty crickets and some wax worms until they ship the bugs to me. Mufasa and Norberta are both shedding so they aren't the cheerfullest, lol, but we're doing pretty good. Tomorrow I'll put up some pictures. :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh, so glad to hear they're shedding, that's great news, means they're growing. Sorry about the bugs, how did they end up in Florida? And crickets, yuck, but still will get them through until you get the bugs.

Congrats on the stand, can't wait to see pictures. I'm glad your girls are getting along so well together but you'll see a bit difference when they're in their own homes. They'll grow even better and you can still have them on outside time together.

Imp (which is what I call him now) is finally starting to feel at home in his tank and has been exploring. I caught him in his roach bowl, so I'm really hoping this means he's going to start eating. I've been giving him carnivore care every day to compensate but I don't really want him getting used to it, so didn't give him any today. Tomorrow I'm dog sitting in the afternoon, so hopefully he'll get into those bugs as he seems to not want to eat when I'm watching :lol: They're so funny :mrgreen:

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The post office somehow mixed something up and sent them there, that's all we know, lol.
I think they will be happier alone too, I'm keeping my eye out for the tank.
I love the pics you've put up of Imp, he's such a cutie and so tiny compared to the big boys!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that he'll eat his bugs. :) That is funny that he doesn't want an audience, lol, Norberta does that occasionally.
As promised, pictures!
82607-3066540477.jpg
Taaadaaa!!!
82607-9396800757.jpg
Mufasa out playing, she was laying on my arm for a bit.
82607-1179743731.jpg
Norberta showing off her white beard with a yellow tinge, it's so pretty. She had just had a bath and so she was in a very good mood.
82607-1932246993.jpg
Mufasa sleeping the other night on the rock.
82607-6612096918.jpg
And Norberta sleeping in the blankets, she buried herself in there and I had to drag her out in the morning, silly girl. :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They're so cute, love the pictures, awwww.

Imp has been a challenge because now he just wants to jump. He keeps eyeing the edge of the counter and I keep pushing him away. He's still not eating much so I'm giving him carnivore care with bee pollen, which he loves, had 4 mls twice today. He was losing weight, so I'm supplementing him again. He seems to be eating a roach here and there, have to go put food in their bowl for overnight & hope he gets an appetite tomorrow. I'm working 2-8 M-W-F this week, so leaving at 12:30, he'll be on his own for the rest of the day. Week two LOL He also shed his head and beard today, so I think that was bothering him, looks like his body, back legs and tail will be next. His beard turns pink when it's ready to shed LOL

I'm glad you're going to separate them but they seem to be getting along so far so that's great!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
They have been sleeping in some adorable positions lately! Last night I had them out on my bed and Mufasa fell asleep on a hoodie, and after running around like a maniac for a while Norberta burrowed under a blanket with her tail sticking out. I was able to leave them there for about an hour in the evening, they were out cold, lol. When I finally put them in their cage Mufasa didn't bat an eye but Norberta woke up when I wrapped her in a blanket. I wish I'd gotten pictures, it was cute. :love5: I ordered some more roaches and superworms (they were dead in the last batch that got sent to Florida) and some bee pollen to try with Norberta. I've moved their breakfast up to later in the morning to see if Norberta will eat more, and she eats a few more, but still not a lot compared to Mufasa's amounts. Norberta is shedding, that may be part of the reason she isn't hungry too.
I got them out for dinner an hour ago and after eating they ran around for a little while. Mufasa climbed in my sisters bookshelf, so I told her no, come here, and she looked back at me and then burrowed back in the space. Pest. She knows I'm talking to her. :roll:
82607-5700342474.jpg
Norberta climbed under the tank stand and ran around under there for a while, silly girl.
82607-9780226275.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh, they're looking good. I answered your PM about the temps.

And did you get back to the company that sent your order to Florida to replace it as the worms were dead? You should do that. It was their error and they need to make good on it.

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures, they sure love to get around!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I did get back and they were really good about it, the superworms I'm getting are replacements for the dead ones. :) Glad you enjoyed the pictures, they do, lol.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The bugs came today! Mufasa was thrilled, pigged out for breakfast, I thought she was going to explode! XD
82607-5930847535.jpg
Last night Mufasa sexy legging, lol!
82607-1810054556.jpg
Norberta sleeping under the tree.
Yesterday I was moving them from the bathroom to my room after a bath and had Mufasa in a towel and Norberta on my shoulder and she decided my head was a better place to be.
82607-6093093394.jpg
She looked so proud of herself. :) So, of course, today Mufasa had to try. I was holding her close to my face so she climbed up my face and up onto my head.
82607-8402696596.jpg
Sat there for probably ten minutes before I got her down, lol. The hotter basking spot is making Norberta so much happier, she sits there for ages all pretty colored then runs laps around the tank, then basks for a while. She is finishing up shedding her tail, then her body and head and one leg still need to shed. Mufasa has the tip of her tail and then her back and belly are going to shed.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh they are growing so much! I didn't realize how big they were until I saw the pic of Norberta on your head :D Thanks so much for sharing them, they look wonderful and I so love Norberta's white beard with the yellow tinge, they are changing so much!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry for not posting in so long!!

They are getting bigger! Mufasa is at 9 inches, and Norberta (who I measured wrong last time, wriggly little girl) is at a little over 9!!
Norberta has a slight orange tinge now in her yellow beard, and Mufasa is looking a bit more orange on her head. :)
We've moved bath time to the bathtub instead of the little tub and Norberta loves it. She tried climbing up my arm then realized she had water on her face.
82607-3521920573.jpg
So cute. <3
Mufasa has completely outgrown the old tub! She just climbs right out when drying off, LOL.
82607-1041241694.jpg

So all in all we're doing ok! :)

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry for disappearing off the face of the earth!
Back in about February Norberta got sick and we went through a pretty bad four months where I was considering putting her down. She had horrible swelling, couldn't walk and would not eat. I took her to a vet and he told us she had a calcium deficiency and Yellow Fungus, and basically she was going to die, which pretty much broke my heart.
Norberta was taking five different medicines and wasn't getting better. The only hope I had was she wasn't showing any signs of YF.
After two months with nothing changing I found a second vet. This vet told me she agreed with the calcium deficiency, but there was absolutely no sign of YF. I dropped all her meds and gave her liquid calcium daily, and within a month she was feeling and looking a little better!
Now Norberta still has to take liquid calcium every day or she starts swelling back up, but she is so bright and happy and has all her old energy back! Her body just wont use the powdered calcium but we use liquid all the time and she is fine now.
Mufasa has been fine through all of this, and is still as cuddly and pretty as ever. :love5: Both Norberta and Mufasa are still a little stunted from lack of care in their first few months with me, but they don't let their size fool anyone! Norberta is territorial and bouncing off the walls, Mufasa lets anyone pet her, eats anything that moves and hates baths.
82607-5988514558.jpg
Mufasa
82607-932653640.jpg
Norberta
I'll try to keep this thread updated more often now, thanks for opening it back up for me Deb!
Makayla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom