Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
They are! The girls have tiny ones from when they were babies, then a big bandana and and fleece one, they love them all XD
Silly Castiel! So glad your feeling better.
I'm telling her that every day and she keeps listening, even if she may not feel like it some days. We tried Reptophilus today and she hated it, XDXD took five minutes to get it in her mouth, she just flat out refused LOL!
You should have seen Mufasa today, she got to sleep in for a while after her lights came on, then I pulled her out of her hide and weighed her, then put her on her basking rock. She sat there grumping for a few hours and then I walked in to check on both the girls and she was sitting with her head poking out of her hide watching to see if I'd get mad haha!! She's been asleep for half the day now, crazy girl. She isn't loosing much more than a gram a week though so that's good.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's not too bad a loss, but she might lose less waking her up every 2 weeks instead of every week. I haven't woken Cierra or Nathaniel for awhile now, so will do that next week. I know Cierra will go back to sleep right away, Nathaniel the day after.

Not sure what Castiel wants to do, he's in his hide with his eyes open, so if he doesn't go to sleep by Monday, he'll be getting up again. I don't like them lurking in their hide!

Gabriel walked around the whole living room today, then he climbed the pile of pillows to the sofa! That was a bit walk for him, hoping he'll do it again like that tomorrow am.

Helped Imp eat all his dubia, he'll eat a few on his own but not enough to get weight back. He's lost 10g, so hopefully will gain those back. Castiel didn't lose any weight and Gabriel gained 4g.

Bit snuggles to your two (or whenever Mufasa get back up again!) and good luck with Norberta!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She started her brumation loosing a few grams each week for the first like two or three, now it's just one a week. I may do that, I just like making sure she's still there, ;D
Poor Castiel is confused by all this winter stuff, XD
YAY GABRIEL!! Imp is still being a pest?
Thank you! Norberta had an OK day today, ate her roaches and took her meds, even moved around a little on her own in her tank!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's been a long time since I updated, so Happy New Years Eve!

First off, miss Mufasa. STILL asleep!! Its been about four months now, she hates getting up and almost immediately goes back to her cave or sleeps in her corner until I show her her cave again, :roll: Slowly loosing a gram a week, so I'm not too worried.

But oh Norberta Norberta...
She hated the Black Cherry Juice she was taking, threw a huge tantrum every time I tried to get more than a fourth of it in her. XD But loves her strawberry flavored Allopurinol and liquid calcium. She got so much better after a month of the Allopurinol!! The swelling was slowly going down and she was super cheerful, but of course I stopped giving it as life got busy and I forgot and now she is swollen back up, but still able to walk very well! But of course, if the swelling wasn't enough to deal with, today I peeked in her tank and saw that about the last inch of her tail is FALLING OFF! It has been stiff and not bending after her shed it didn't come off there, so I was watching it and a day or so ago I put coconut oil on it, but today she must have done something to rip it so now its starting to come off.
I put some antibiotic ointment on it and she didn't like me touching it. I really don't know why its doing this, and what I should do! Any ideas from anybody would be great, xD

And non beardie related news, my ball python Olympia has decided food is an unnecessary pleasure and she doesn't want it, so she hasn't eaten in over a month. :angry5: The brat!!

So all the girls are plotting to drive me crazy together! :lol:
I'll try and put pictures up sometime this week. :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
My post just disappeared!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and were spoiled rotten.

So for brumation. Nathaniel has been asleep since July and hasn't had that many baths, either, with my grandkids coming here every weekend, gets hectic! So he's had a few baths, but basks and goes right back to sleep. Same with Cierra, she's still asleep since the beg of Aug. Castiel is now awake but he's kind of spacey still and I have to feed him...sigh...that's 3 I'm feeding right now.

As for Norberta's tail, keep putting original polysporin on it and check to see that there's no infection making it's way up the tail. That's when you need the vet. Not sure what it costs but if it does infect, tail rot can move into the body and kill the dragon. I'm so hoping it's a clean break and just heals itself, send me a clear picture if you can, too.

I'm hoping it's like Sweetie, the end of her tail darkened and fell off but it just healed itself.

I hope you have a wonderful 2017! And a great New Year's Eve and day, too.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Christmas here was pretty quiet, but I enjoyed it!
You have your hands full!! XD
I'm keeping a close eye on her tail now, and putting antibiotic ointment on it (US version of original polysporin) Here are pics from today:
82607-6476095933.jpg
82607-5541211725.jpg
82607-3916848791.jpg
Hopefully those are clear enough. Its only hanging on a little now because she was glass dancing a lot today and it got banged around.
You too! Can't believe its already 2017, xD

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It looks like it might just fall off there, but keep putting the polysporin on, a thick layer all round the break. Just keep an eye that nothing dark moves up the tail, k?

Loved the pictures, she's looking good. Are you giving her the med again? That should make her feel better. :D

Can't believe it's 2017 today! Can't say I will miss 2016, though, even though having my grandkids on weekends has been a good thing overall, but 2 toddlers in a small space isn't always good!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Alrighty, will do!
Today it was only holding on by one little strand of something in the middle, everything else has broken apart.
She is such a pretty girl, and lately she has been so cheerful and bright. I'm starting it back up so hopefully it'll help soon.
Aww yeah, its great to spend time with them but if its in a small space it can get crazy quickly XD

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh it can. On weekends my dragons stay in their tanks unless I bring one out. They're still too young to not want to try to take a dragon apart or poke it. So they stay in their tanks, but during the week, they all get out for a short run around. I'm not back to work full-time yet, but working on hours so hopefully by end Jan I'm full time again. I'm feeling alot better, my chiro has been working on my back and I'm holding down food now, almost a week's worth and feel more energetic.

Give Norberta a bit snuggle for me. You can sterilize a pair of scissors and snip that remaining strong holding that tail piece. Just soak the scissors in alcohol before using. Then polysporin the end of the tail a couple of times a day. When Didi and Leo got into a fight, they tried to remove each others tail. So Didi had a Betadine bath, then I smeared the polysporin all over his tail, so it was while. The deep scratches healed great in 5 days. Leo was the same, betadine bath and polysporin. Didi had bitten part of his lower tail almost off, but it healed well, too. So the original polysporin is always what I use for anything on my dragons, as it always works. If you have Betadine 10%, then you make a shallow bath & put in just enough so the water looks like weak tea and soak her for 10 min, then put the polysporin on.

Hope that works and her tail heals without infection. That's where the Betadine bath works, it prevents infection.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Glad you are feeling better!!
I've been trying to let Norberta run around more, I feel bad when she has to stay in her tank especially now that she's been super hyper. She enjoys it.
I was planning on cutting it after I read your post. I was going to wait for somebody to help me hold her but I went and checked on her and it was off!! I coated the end of her tail in antibiotic ointment and left her be, need to put it on again because she got it all off from her running around. :roll:
Oh jeez, were they specifically targeting each others tails??
I'll have to look into the Betadine, I'm really hoping it'll just heal without any problems.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad it finally fell off and definitely look into the Betadine. And yes, when males fight, they target each others tails first. Just a male thing...

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thats so crazy, I didn't know that!

I finally have a picture of Mufasa (sorta)
82607-7203631405.jpg
She is sleeping with her head poked out of her hide now, so I get a glare if I'm being too noisy :lol:
And Norberta!
82607-799914613.jpg
82607-9918877356.jpg
Showing off her pretty-ness, ;D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Is she back on her meds? So the swelling has gone down again? Hope so. She's so pretty, give her a snuggle for me. Cierra is still asleep, too, but I got Nathaniel up yesterday for a bath and so far he's stayed up. Now to move Cierra's tank into the living room, so they're all in there. It's too cold in my bedroom at night for a dragon to be comfortable. Eric is over with the kids tonight, so will ask him to move the tank. I can't move it on my own.

Thanks for the pictures, Mufasa definitely looks like "why are you making so much noise Mom, I'm trying to SLEEP!"

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yup back on meds,and its slowly going down!
I'll try, shes been running everywhere though and not in the mood for sitting still ;DD
Cierra is the one that was asleep for 6ish months last year right? Do they all black beard/head bob when they can see each other?
It was so funny earlier, I went to say hi to Norberta who was sitting on her basking rock and as soon as she saw me she started headbobbing me!! Second time in a week shes done that, she is hysterical! :lol:
What size cage is Cierra's? I know I need help with just my 40galB and some days the 30gal is hard lol!
Poor Mufasa really just wants left alone, haha!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They're all in 40 gallon tanks. And Gabriel is in with Cierra because she's sleeping. so just need to get that tank back into the living room so they are all in there. I don't want a tank in my bedroom, I like my room cold at night to sleep.

Mufasa sounds so funny, bobbing you because you're there. And yes, the 4 boys are up and my living room is full of black beards and bobbing, it's just too funny watching them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom