Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Cierra is up today as I got her up for a bath. She ate some roaches right away, too, which is good but only from my hand. I'm hoping she and Castiel will start eating from their bowls again, as feeding 5 dragons is going to be too much for me.

I moved Cierra's tank into the living room, giving Imp a full view of her :lol: You can just imagine how anxious he's been to jump out of his tank (hasn't managed it yet, though. :mrgreen:

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry I haven't updated this recently!
I cannot stop laughing about Imp and Cierra :lol: :lol: Is she still up teasing him? xD

So Norberta got a new tank! :blob8: Her big girl tank LOL, a 40galB. So she's settling into that. I'd love to get ceramic tiles for both the girls at some point and make their tanks a bit fancier, but that will be a while ;D
Norberta's tail seems to be doing fine, still nice and flexible thank goodness!
Mufasa is still sleeping and enjoying herself :lol:
Some pics of Norberta:
82607-7687732731.jpg
82607-8005487215.jpg
And an adorable one of Olympia my ball python. Her little face is so precious!
82607-6967229764.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Your ball python's face is really cute, love the colouring. And Norberta seems to really like her big girl tank! Always good when you can get them in a tank that gives them room.

Yes, even though most of the front of his tank is covered by the back of the big computer chair (no other place to put it!), he can still see Cierra and goes NUTS over her a couple of times a day. She, on the other hand, looks at him with total lack of interest, but still that gets him going. The rest of the day, after the morning warm up, she's got her back to him, staring at her reflection. Cierra also puts her head on her pillow and looks out the side of her tank, watching the grandkids run back and forth, in and out of the living room. Castiel stares at the kids with a stink eye, all the time they're here :lol:

Nathaniel pooped in his tank, so he hid in his hide :lol: I pulled him out and disposed of the poop. He is too funny.

Castiel tried to stay in his hide one morning, but I'm not having any of it, I pulled him out and put him on his basking spot.

Cierra is starting to eat worms out of her dish, which is a big accomplishment, now to get her to eat greens! And I finally got the longest, biggest urate out of her and a good poop, took me 2 weeks of working on her almost every morning and pumpkin to get it out. Yuck, but glad that's done.

Gabriel still hanging in there, he likes to watch the kids, they're so active. Leo also likes to push, bash or otherwise make his sister Safara miserable, so alot of crying and noise...all part of having young kids. I slept with them last night and Leo kept waking me up for the first hour to change the show on TV, they love to watch Paw Patrol. We did finally all get to sleep and woke up at 9a this morning, so that put the whole schedule off. At least now, much as I love them, they are on their way home again, until next weekend! Once Eric has his own place, I can come visit, like normal grandmas instead of taking care of them all weekend. Will be glad when Eric finds out what's wrong with his swollen, very painful, right knee, he finally got an xray yesterday and sees his doc again on Feb 23.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She has some very pretty colors, she is a Ghost morph of BP so nothing very fancy compared to others I've been eyeballing lol!!. Its so fun seeing the differences between her and the two beardies.
Cierra knows she's the one in charge around there, LOL!! They all are so funny, glad they are awake! And Gabriel still relaxing, give him a snuggle for me. :love5:
The grandkids sound like little balls of energy! Hope Eric's knee feels better soon and nothing serious is wrong with it.

Norberta's arm is swollen up again, even though she's been on her meds for the past weekish, so she has been laying around uncomfortably. I need to get her out later and snuggle her, poor baby.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So what can you do about the swelling?

Eric got an xray on Friday on the knee, sees his Doc on Mar 23, that seems an awful long time to wait. I finally got him to take pain killers (Tylenol) and that seems to make him feel better. He also switched jobs (concrete construction) because previous owner wanted him to carry 60 lbs of concrete up 2 stories, with his bad knee, so he walked out last Tuesday and started a new job with a previous employer yesterday. He has so many contacts, can always find a job, which is good.

Grandkids are full of energy, especially Leo, he likes to bash his sister whenever he can, just because he can. So I get Eric to take him out alot on the weekend so he can run off some steam and I watch Safara at home. I couldn't find winter boots for them but got them rubber boots instead. They sure love them & love going out to run around in them. We had a month of snow storms here in December but the snow is almost gone now.

Dragons are all doing well, Cierra loves to get Imp to go crazy as he can see her from his new position. He can see Gabriel as well, so Imp gets lots of black bearding in every day :lol: I got more Serrepeptase for Gabriel, so starting tomorrow he gets it every day for awhile, I'll order more on Friday when I get paid.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm trying to stay on top of her meds, she seemed to be feeling better today and was moving around her tank on her own. If she looks like she is uncomfortable/in pain tomorrow I'll give her serrepeptase along side her allopurinol and liquid calcium.
82607-173714166.jpg
Her little tongue :lol: :lol:

Glad to hear Eric is feeling better and he has a new job!
Aww sibling love :lol: Good that he gets out a lot though.
Silly Imp just doesn't seem to get a break LOL!! How is Gabriel doing?
82607-3706469485.jpg
One more pic of Norberta from today, you can sorta see the end of her tail in this pic too (the camera focused funny, xD), it still seems to be doing fine thankfully!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad to hear that about Norberta's tail. And yes, you'll have to continue her meds to keep the swelling away.

Gabriel's belly is getting bigger, can really feel the bubble now, it's very pronounced. Not sure how long I'll have him but when I give him Serrepeptase, he gets full of energy and starts running around the living room. Doesn't last long but at least he's active. They all had baths today and were all very thirsty, so gave them all water to drink while in their baths. I keep the living room warm for the cresties, so that dries the dragons out, so will give them water daily and when they're in their baths to keep them hydrated. None of them are dehydrated, though, just thirsty.

And I'm sick again, ever since I've done the program "return to work" I'm getting sick. I've had 3 viruses and this one has had me in bed since Tuesday. Now I think I have a bacterial infection because my chest is burning, so back to the clinic tomorrow. Once I'm well, I'll be back to work full time.

I told Eric he'll be in charge of the kids this weekend, I just won't have the energy. I'll cook but that's all I can do. He'll have to take them outside to play often and I'll walk the dog. I'll sleep with them, too, like I did last weekend, it was alot of fun. And not a peep out of Safara either! Eric tosses and turns when he's on the mattress because of his bad knee. I forced him to take painkillers last weekend, double dose, and he felt much better by Sunday, so hopefully he'll continue to take them. He hates taking pills but sometimes it just necessary! He's stubborn like me but not in a good way sometimes!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Norberta was feeling better today, especially after a bath this evening. Showing off her pretty colors.
82607-9468488264.jpg
82607-8018112662.jpg
82607-9627825296.jpg
82607-4159298074.jpg

Aww poor Gabriel, at least the meds make him feel a little better. Oh no, hope you feel better soon! Being sick is not fun. If his knee is hurting that much he really should be taking pain killers, but I understand being stubborn.

I took a real quick pic of Mufasa since I hadn't in a while, just lifted up her hide and she gave me such a look :lol:
82607-5113138510.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Gabriel is still hanging in there but he has a black beard all the time now, poor sweetie. That aneurysm is really bothering him as it's growing still...sigh....

Grandkids are here, my granddaughter sure has a scream...hopefully she'll be quiet now as it really bugs me when she gets loud, plus she puts it on...Leo is full of energy and likes to push his sister around, so that doesn't help. Oh well, they'll settle down, have a good sleep and I'll take them out after breakfast as my son has to work 4 hours tomorrow. Good on him, as he needs the $.

Otherwise I went back to the clinic today and the virus turned bacterial, so now I'm on antibiotics for 10 days but I'm back to work on Monday full-time as I need the $ too. Being on short term at 25% less income since Oct sure hasn't helped my bottom line! It'll be good to get full-time paychqs again!

I gave them all baths today. Imp had a poop that stunk up the whole house. Not sure if it's parasites or just switching to superworms, but can't afford the vet (sound familiar). Called the office and asked if I could just get some Panacur to treat him, but didn't hear back from them, so will call in the am to see if the vet approved. Otherwise hopefully can take him in 2 weeks...

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Poor sweetheart Gabriel.
Oh my, hope the weekend went well LOL. And hope the meds are helping you so you can get back to work soon!

I went to get the spray bottle to spray the BP's cage and saw this!
82607-1191660166.jpg
She came out all by herself!! Hopefully I'll get her to stay for a while, lol!
Norberta is shedding on her face and back leg and tail, so she's not been in a great mood :lol:
82607-3314120760.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I finished my first week of full time and must admit, I was very tired today. Now it's late and have to get to sleep but say hi to Mufasa, hope she stays up and Norberta, hope the shed is gone soon.
Gabriel is still hanging in there, give him Serrepeptase every morning and they all got baths this and fed, but Gabriel didn't want anything to eat. His belly has gotten so big, doesn't surprise me. I'll sure miss him so much when he passes, but he's made it this far! He was diagnosed last July and we thought he wouldn't make it past a couple of months and look at him, still here. So hopefully he hangs out a bit longer. If I feel that he's in too much distress, though, I will have him put to sleep but he seems to be managing ok. Once I start getting full time paychqs again (end Feb) I'll get him back to the vet to see what she thinks. She was kind enough to let me get Panacur for Imp, as his poops were stinking up the whole living room. So he's had his first week's work, 3 more weeks to go. I like the way my vet gives Pancur to my dragons, 3 days, off 7, 3 days, off 7 for 4 weeks in total. Wait a month and get a fecal to make sure everything is gone. Hopefully this works on Imp. I also covered the front of his tank because he could see Cierra and he's calmed down a whole lot. I hated to do it, but he was losing weight with all the running back & forth and trying to jump out of his tank. He can still see Gabriel, so gets a chance to bob at him but doesn't go crazy like with my flirty girl :lol:

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I bet you are, glad you were able to work though!It is pretty amazing that he has held on this long, sorry to hear he isn't feeling great. Hope the panacur helps Imp, poor guy just cant get a break with the big beardies LOL!!

Mufasa is still up and eating, tried to go in her hide after she ate for the first time Wednesday so the hide is gone for a little while (she still has her pile of blankets to burrow in if she wants.).
82607-3987036059.jpg
Norberta is really enjoying herself, she gets to run around outside of her tank pretty much every day and loves it and getting to head bob Mufasa.
82607-7143177353.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They're so funny when they head bob. I switched Cierra and Nathaniel's tanks because Imp was going NUTS seeing Cierra, so now that Nathaniel is there, he totally ignores him. Cierra keeps trying to get out of the tank, I'm afraid she'll rub her nose off, but not much I can do. At least I'm home tomorrow to see the chiro (snow storm this weekend prevented me from going on Saturday) so will be home in the afternoon, so they'll all get outside time, morning and afternoon. I'm going to be very sore and on painkillers, so took the whole day off instead of 1/2 day.

Loved the pictures!

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I love watching them, LOL!
Musical Dragons, ha ha! Hopefully Imp settles down now. I'm always afraid Norberta will do the same thing, she usually glass dances every day but then settles down.
I got the girls ceramic tiles yesterday for their tanks!
82607-1250446914.jpg
Mufasa's tank.
82607-71581295.jpg
Norberta's tank (she decided to throw her salad everywhere xD).
82607-1386862873.jpg
82607-3173163408.jpg
They don't really seem to notice a difference though LOL!
Norberta is almost done shedding, Mufasa is still awake. No big changes recently besides their flooring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom