*****Mr. Draper & Ms. Scarlett***(Updated 6/29)***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draper is our new addition to the family. He's about 12 weeks old, and just hit 10" long. At first he wasn't eating much (got him 2 weeks ago). But now he's doing great! Phoenix worms are his favorite!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169590 <--- a thread I started about Draper a couple of days after we got him....we were worried and just wanted the best care for him. Thanks for all the help! We're still trying to get him to eat more fruit and veg...

Here are some new pics of Draper.

Every night at around 8:30, Draper gets very sleepy. He loves his blanket.
CIMG0642.JPG

He likes to show off his colors when he's out of the cage.
CIMG0661.JPG

Basking in the morning, he seems to get really dark.
CIMG0668.JPG

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congratulations, she's beautiful, such deep red colours. Glad she'll be joining you, you'll have to add her to this thread!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3u46jd4t said:
Congratulations, she's beautiful, such deep red colours. Glad she'll be joining you, you'll have to add her to this thread!

yep, we'll have to come up with a name first!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She's here! Her name is Scarlet. She's doing well. Eating....a little. She's still a bit skiddish, and afraid of me. :p She's very cute, and smaller than I thought she would be....not that it's bad. She was hatched Nov 10th. She's 11" and 65g. She's starting a full shed also, which is probably contributing to her skiddishness. I tried feeding her in a bin, but she just froze. A dubia got loose in her viv and she hunted it down. I'm sure she'll be settled soon. We have her in Draper's old 29g viv. We can't get over how little she looks compared to the massive Draper. :p

Draper saw her while he was out, she was in her viv, with just her head sticking out. I had no idea until I looked at Draper and he had a full black beard! I felt bad for him.

Draper has been on full display all day, even 'attacking' both of the cats. He ambushed both of our cats from under the couch. He actually bit Baker on the nose. Lisa actually got video of Draper jumping on Lily! I'll have to upload it and post it later. He did eat bunch today. 2 adult dubia and some kale.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congrats on bringing Scarlet home and you can expect Mr Draper to be constantly black bearding from this moment forward every time he catches a glimpse of her. Especially because mating season is just around the corner! It's going to be interesting at your house from on now!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":2z2esveq said:
Congrats on bringing Scarlet home and you can expect Mr Draper to be constantly black bearding from this moment forward every time he catches a glimpse of her. Especially because mating season is just around the corner! It's going to be interesting at your house from on now!

Yeah, we just need to be a little more careful with where Draper goes. Once we get Scarlet in to her bigger viv, we'll be ok. It's just where she's located now can be seen from Draper's favorite window.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Both of them have had increased appetites today!

Scarlet is still settling in, she's a bit skiddish still, but warming up. She's not quite keen on bath time, but did better today.

Draper had 3 large dubia and 5 supers today, the most he's had in a while!

Now....only if we'd get some sun, and warmth!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Yay for good appetites!
I agree with you full-heartedly with the weather. Monday and Tuesday weren't bad and now we have rain. I wish Mother Nature could just settle on the correct weather. One of my friends was saying that they feel slowly over the next 100's of years that summer will become winter and winter will become summer. It kinda makes sense...sadly.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
zandi202":2plz4e35 said:
I LOVE that pic. It is so beautiful and artistic. I love how they mirror each other. Beautiful pic!

My wife's a good photographer!

They bird watch together, lol.

A crow flew by (we're on the 3rd floor), and Draper tried to attack it! He jumped up and gave a few bites to the air, chomp chomp chomp! The cats were stunned. :p We have a couple of bird feeders, I think Draper would like to eat a little chickadee.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
DSC_5730.JPG

Scarlet is going through a big shed, she's not very happy. She just wants to hide from us. Her poops are a bit runny, hopefully she'll clear up after the shed, and she gets a little more settled in.

He color is amazing under that old skin!

Here's a funny one of her from yesterday....

DSC_5721.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom