*****Mr. Draper & Ms. Scarlett***(Updated 6/29)***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draper is our new addition to the family. He's about 12 weeks old, and just hit 10" long. At first he wasn't eating much (got him 2 weeks ago). But now he's doing great! Phoenix worms are his favorite!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169590 <--- a thread I started about Draper a couple of days after we got him....we were worried and just wanted the best care for him. Thanks for all the help! We're still trying to get him to eat more fruit and veg...

Here are some new pics of Draper.

Every night at around 8:30, Draper gets very sleepy. He loves his blanket.
CIMG0642.JPG

He likes to show off his colors when he's out of the cage.
CIMG0661.JPG

Basking in the morning, he seems to get really dark.
CIMG0668.JPG

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Draper decided to take this week off. :p

He's been up every day, but hasn't done much. His legs are starting to shed, and he's just been super lazy. I think he's had 3 roaches and a few bites of greens all week.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Shedding causes the same over here. Leo is shedding his head, he's miserable & hardly eating, so he'll be better once the shed is off, at least he's eating something!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yesterday I gave Draper a bath, when I took him out, he saw his reflection in the mirror. He has many times before, but this time he went crazy. He jumped up on my shoulder and started head bobbing, and wanted to get closer. He licked the mirror a few times and bobbed some more.

I put him back in his viv and he stomped around bobbing....ate a few roaches...thrashed around in his greens (making a mess)....then went back to basking. :p

I'm hoping it 'woke him up', haha. He hadn't eaten in a few days. Maybe when he saw 'the other beardie', he thought he better start eating to get some energy in case he has to fight, or mate!

How are your five Sweetie?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That is so funny, it's always funny when they discover another "beardie" in their place. Welcome to what it's going to be like when spring really gets here and spring fever hits. You can imagine what it's like over here with 5 black bearding, stomping, bobbing non stop, crazy :lol:

They're all doing well because I feed most of them during the winter, they won't eat on their own, not sure why. So they're keeping up their weight and now only Rubio isn't shedding, so the others are sort of grumpy. I'll be so glad the warm weather gets here and they can get outside a bit in sunshine, it always makes them feel better. Leo's mouth rot is almost gone, the gum infection is completely cleared, just getting rid of the black on the back of his teeth. He hates me swabbing his mouth, though, fights me every morning; luckily I'm stronger than him. :D He ends up giving me the stink eye for the rest of the day, poor guy, I'll be glad when it's all over!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Draper is looking great...but still isn't eating much. He's lost about 5-6g, which is amazing. How do these guys keep the weight on?

He's super active today, and is loving the sunshine. I let him out of the viv and he went straight to the window to bask.

His head is also getting alot of yellow. I thought he'd end up more orange (that shows on his beard). And he gets so creamy white when he's really happy and calm.

We're also looking in to getting another beardie! We have thoughts of trying to breed, since we have the room, and a nice dubia colony going. We're about 80% sure we're getting another beardie and about 49% sure we'll try to breed. Which won't be for another year after we get the sub-adult we're looking at....so we have time to think about that.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
New basking setup...with rocks I've collected on hikes. It makes me work a little harder on the way back with a 20lb rock in my backpack. :p

P1050756.JPG

P1050757.JPG

P1050758.JPG

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well, that's not too far away. Gives you times to get the setup organized. Should be interesting when they see each other!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, that's the one thing holding us back. I'd really like to share the light timer and thermostat (instead of buying new things)....but if we put her in the same room as Draper, we won't be able to stack a new viv on top of Draper's massive castle, and they'd end up being able to see each other.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That might be a problem, he'd spend all his time black bearding, bobbing and stomping and she'd spend all her time waving and light bobbing, or being indimidated and hiding. Is there any place else you'd be able to put her enclosure?

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, we have plenty of space for her.

I just wish we planned ahead a little further, so we can share the timer and thermostat. We'll just have to order a whole new setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom