*****Mr. Draper & Ms. Scarlett***(Updated 6/29)***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draper is our new addition to the family. He's about 12 weeks old, and just hit 10" long. At first he wasn't eating much (got him 2 weeks ago). But now he's doing great! Phoenix worms are his favorite!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169590 <--- a thread I started about Draper a couple of days after we got him....we were worried and just wanted the best care for him. Thanks for all the help! We're still trying to get him to eat more fruit and veg...

Here are some new pics of Draper.

Every night at around 8:30, Draper gets very sleepy. He loves his blanket.
CIMG0642.JPG

He likes to show off his colors when he's out of the cage.
CIMG0661.JPG

Basking in the morning, he seems to get really dark.
CIMG0668.JPG

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
A nice detailed photo of Draper's back.
CIMG0697.JPG

You can nearly see through him!
CIMG0691.JPG

Nice looking teeth on the little guy.
CIMG0692.JPG

morphmom

BD.org Addict
That's a really smart way of getting a good measurement. :D Sure beats my 'put a string down their back' idea. Well done :wink:

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":2k0ormp2 said:
That's a really smart way of getting a good measurement. :D Sure beats my 'put a string down their back' idea. Well done :wink:

Thanks! Hopefully we can get a good visual on how fast he's growing, I think we'll do one of these pics every week.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Draper didn't want to lay flat today for a picture....but he's approaching 10.75"....and eating very well!

DSC_1849.JPG

...and we think he looks happiest when he's out and about.

CIMG0929.JPG

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Draper's new thing.... arugula! We have a small pot of arugula that we started growing last month, and Draper seems to really like the very peppery greens. Finally, he's eating something other than protein.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Draper got a thermostat installed today! Uhhh....I'm spending way too much $$ on him. :p We spoil our animals, hehe.

Now if temps in his viv dip below 67, a ceramic heater comes on until it's 73, then shuts off. I think....still in testing mode. :p

I had to move his basking spot slightly, so I also put a dimmer on the basking light, because now it's about 2" closer. Testing that now as well.

:)

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
A after about 1.5 hours, we decided to give him a warm bath to help out with the shed. He loved it! He rubbed his belly along the grippy things on the tub floor. His new skin looks great!

Enjoy the video!

http://youtu.be/bA5gEw04Nn8

(is there a way to embed video here?)

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Very cool little guy. Seems like you are taking great care of him. Keep up the good work and keep us posted with pics and vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Welchy2000
Top Bottom