*****Mr. Draper & Ms. Scarlett***(Updated 6/29)***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draper is our new addition to the family. He's about 12 weeks old, and just hit 10" long. At first he wasn't eating much (got him 2 weeks ago). But now he's doing great! Phoenix worms are his favorite!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169590 <--- a thread I started about Draper a couple of days after we got him....we were worried and just wanted the best care for him. Thanks for all the help! We're still trying to get him to eat more fruit and veg...

Here are some new pics of Draper.

Every night at around 8:30, Draper gets very sleepy. He loves his blanket.
CIMG0642.JPG

He likes to show off his colors when he's out of the cage.
CIMG0661.JPG

Basking in the morning, he seems to get really dark.
CIMG0668.JPG

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Boy he sure is growing fast now that he's nice & comfy with you, babies are so skittish when they first get to their new home & shedding doesn't help any. Now he's a really spoiled beardie, which is the way he should be & you're become great beardie slaves. It's fascinating to watch them grow, as you said, you can almost see the growth daily. CONGRATS!
Deb

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks!

He's growing so fast, I haven't been able to keep up with posting the photos. :p

Yes, I'm his slave. I spend so much time on him that I can't upload photos fast enough.

We measured him yesterday on the grid and he's now up to 13.5"!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Since he's grown so much, we're having a custom viv built for him....luckily I work for a custom woodwork company. :D

In a couple of weeks he'll move in to a 60" x 24" x 18" viv. He'll even have a heated beadroom. :p

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Draper+and+Baker.jpg

Draper with one of our cats, Baker.

Baker+Draper+2.jpg

Draper was trying to take a nap in the cat bed, Baker wants to pet him....or eat him, we're not sure. :p

Draper1.jpg

Fancy Mr. Draper

Draper+%26+Lisa.jpg

Draper hanging out with my wife.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What great pics, the first one especially, talk about a beardie talking back to a cat, :mrgreen: great catch. And the next pic of your cat batting at Draper, so funny. the pic of draper & your wife is wonderful, so clear & he sure is growing!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So how did Baker react to being licked on the nose. I've seen some cats who just love "their" beardies, so they could very well get used to each other, but I'm glad you supervise, cat's can't really be trusted, as Draper would make a great treat!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":1whlelcp said:
So how did Baker react to being licked on the nose. I've seen some cats who just love "their" beardies, so they could very well get used to each other, but I'm glad you supervise, cat's can't really be trusted, as Draper would make a great treat!

Baker cannot be trusted with much of anything...let alone Draper. Baker is 100% alpha male.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
HAHAHAA @ the pic of Mr. Draper "telling" the cat that he's staying - it totally looks like he's telling him off! :laughhard:

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Draper got to have dubia's for the first time today, and he went crazy! He couldn't get enough 1/4" - 1/2" little dubias!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Lucky you, I only have one beardie who will eat them & only adults, so can't give them to him every day. Good for Draper, they're so good for him!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So....we have an outdoor cat enclosure. There is a small opening in one of our windows that leads to the 'outside world'. The cats love the freedom.

Draper is always watching the cats outside, and glass dances at the window. Today I opened the window and he ran right out there. I think he can squeeze through the bars at this point, so I kept a close eye on him. Once he's full grown, he'll be ok out there.

He loved it outside! I put a piece of slate tile out there. Air temp today is 83, and the slate tile warmed up to 103.5 after about 30 minutes. Perfect!

One of out cats, Lily, came out to enjoy the sun also. Draper puffed up a little at first but later relaxed on the slate.

Enjoy the video and pics!

**Video** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlWLbeDtA6A

P1050632.JPG

P1050637.JPG

P1050638.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom