*****Mr. Draper & Ms. Scarlett***(Updated 6/29)***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draper is our new addition to the family. He's about 12 weeks old, and just hit 10" long. At first he wasn't eating much (got him 2 weeks ago). But now he's doing great! Phoenix worms are his favorite!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169590 <--- a thread I started about Draper a couple of days after we got him....we were worried and just wanted the best care for him. Thanks for all the help! We're still trying to get him to eat more fruit and veg...

Here are some new pics of Draper.

Every night at around 8:30, Draper gets very sleepy. He loves his blanket.
CIMG0642.JPG

He likes to show off his colors when he's out of the cage.
CIMG0661.JPG

Basking in the morning, he seems to get really dark.
CIMG0668.JPG

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I so enjoyed the video, especially at one point, after going from the cat back to Draper, you could see a couple of cat ears twitching in the background behind Draper. Very good idea. He sure enjoyed being on that tile!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I can't wait until he's big enough to take care of himself.....well, mostly....and he can just go outside when he wants to. :)

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Draper get his first vet visit on Saturday! I hope he's all clear, he's changed a bit, appetite slowing down, acting more lazy (but was much better yesterday). I think something scared him recently, we have had a few thunderstorms recently, I think he's stressed. I hope he's all good, and there's no parasites!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Goodtruant":2eqf6blx said:
Draper has coccidia. Started him on meds today.
Oh, no! I'm so sorry! I mean it! I'm on round 2 with Coccidia :cry: It sucks so much. :banghead: Feel better soon Draper. :wink:

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Draper is haning in there. Looks pretty good. He did give me a nice black beard when I was giving him is meds today :(

But he's still trying to eat. I was surprised to see him chow down on collards and squash today. He also had a handful of dubia.

Hope he's back to normal soon!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Try to feed him first, then give him his meds. His tummy will appreciate it & it works, they don't feel as badly afterwards. I started doing this with Gabriel & it made a bit difference in his appetite, even though looks like Mr Draper's appetite is doing good!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So far his appetite is doing well....but still far from normal, and he's only on his 2nd dose.

I'm going to start him on a probiotic in a couple of days. The vet told us to do 7 days of his meds, then 7 days off, then 7 days back on it. Hopefully the probiotic will increase his appetite even further.

I also got some reptaid, but didn't use it and went to the vet instead. It might be something I give to Draper in a month or so. I sort of wish I tried it first, just to save the money....but I'm happy with the vet visit. The vet also did a few other test, and it's good knowing that Draper is healthy otherwise.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Benebac is a good probiotic, and so is Acidopholuz (a liquid made for beardies). You can get them online. Try http://www.bugdelite.com and there are others. I have a new rescue named Gabriel, he's been on Benebac for a few weeks now, a bit a day, it's a gel & you just put it on his mouth & he licks it off. It's helped Gabriel with his digestion immensly.
Deb

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I ordered some Acidophiliz, and it shipped today, it should arrive just in time for Drapers downtime from his meds. 7 days on, 7 days off, 7 days on.

Poor guy is only eating collards in the morning, and maybe 3-5 dubia per day.

I'm giving him a bath everyday, as told by our vet, to keep him hydrated and to wash off any parasite eggs that may be on him. He's never really liked the bath too much....and still doesn't.

His new viv is almost ready, just a few things to do. I should be bringing it home tomorrow or Friday.

2012-07-25_16-43-29_552.jpg

I think we might wait to move him in until after his meds are all finished. Don't want to double up the stress.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So Draper still isn't eating much at all, but tomorrow is his last dose of meds in the first round. He will get 7 days off the meds, which I hope he likes! We'll also start the probiotics soon.

It's kinda sad to see him in his bare viv. We took all his stuff out, except a couple of things that are really easy to clean. A piece of slate tile and his bowls. He's on paper towels we replace daily. I think he really misses his basking log, but we thought it safer to wash it, bake it in the oven, and let it sit for the few weeks that he's on his medication. When he's all done, and parasite free he'll move in to his new home!

2012-07-26_12-10-14_101.jpg

2012-07-26.jpg

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Draper seems much better today. He ate collards, about 10 wax worms, and 5 dubia. We let him sit in his new viv today. I think we'll slowly get him used to his new house.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Draper has been so restless today. He's shedding his legs, and he's going crazy. He's in the new viv today, and he has so much energy. Running back and forth, scratching on the glass. It's a nice warm day out, so I let him out of the viv, and he found the only sun spot in the house and decided to make it his home for now. :p

P1050660.JPG

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
2012-08-02_17-03-21_377.jpg

haha!

We've had him on paper towels since he got parasites a couple weeks ago, this is a first.

I think taking meds while doing a full shed is driving him crazy....poor little guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom