Mountain biking in Indiana.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
A mountain biking facebook friend of mine took this while mtb'ing in Indiana. It's a timber rattle snake. How awesome is that?! He said the snake stayed there for about 15 minutes.
4247824485_04d6f0eef5_o.jpg

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Ahh that's crazy! That's only like 1.5-2 hours from me. I'm headed up there in March actually (Brown County). I've played in those woods several times when I was younger!

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
spurlee01":0c810 said:
Ahh that's crazy! That's only like 1.5-2 hours from me. I'm headed up there in March actually (Brown County). I've played in those woods several times when I was younger!

If it makes you feel any better, your chances of an encounter were probably better when you were younger. Unfortunately those snakes are now on the endangered species list and thinning out quickly in that area.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Maybe a little better but I am TERRIFIED of snakes. I have been brought to tears over water snakes being to close to me while fishing. I doubt things have changed that much since I was little, that was only like a decade ago (I'm 20 now)

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
spurlee01":1f263 said:
Maybe a little better but I am TERRIFIED of snakes. I have been brought to tears over water snakes being to close to me while fishing. I doubt things have changed that much since I was little, that was only like a decade ago (I'm 20 now)

Well if you have this sudden urge to conquer that fear by grabbing the bull by the horns, so to speak, I would not recommend you try it if you happen to see one of these out there. :lol:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Lol I'll keep that in mind. A girl not to far from me lost several fingers a couple of years ago cause she fell and landed on one of those guys. How much does that suck lol?

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
spurlee01":ee9c9 said:
Lol I'll keep that in mind. A girl not to far from me lost several fingers a couple of years ago cause she fell and landed on one of those guys. How much does that suck lol?

better than a life!

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Imagine that situation from the rattlesnakes point of view! :shock: haha
spurlee01":e66c8 said:
Well true. I was more saying the whole following-on-a-rattlesnake thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom