Waffles adventure

We went to…dun dun dun! The front yard! I have been working on having her sit on my lap while I play with her front feet. This was all in preparation for her wearing her harness. She has worn her harness around the house when The Cat is not around. I will never ever trust them together. Ever. But… Now she gets to go outside! Without the playpen! We live in the suburbs And I never ever let her out of my (or a responsible person’s) sight. She is too important. So I put her on the grass and the look on her face….lol! What is this momma?! She slinked around like a snake, stopped…the butt wiggle…tail up…first land mine created! Now that she is lighter, the tail goes up and off she goes! I have never seen a happier dragon! After a good romp around the yard, it’s time to go in. She is still nice and warm, so in the middle of the tank she goes. Now…what to do about the land mine? My son has the answer…a Stick! sticks go around the land mine till it is time to mow the lawn. At least for now. How do we celebrate this? With cake and ice cream of course! My friends and family think I’m nuts. They just don’t get it. But you all do!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I love this- okay, you sound a little like me.
One question, do you get down to ensure nothing is in the grass first? I dont want Rocky to eat an ant- he may stick his tongue out to see if it's safe and boom.... I don't know - can't I buy artificial grass and call it a day, lol
I then think after a fresh cut to let him go in the grass but
Seriously, this post makes me feel so much better, thank you.
I can do this, I can do this-
I have the harness but I have huge trees throughout my backyard, Rocky isn't a fan. When I head towards the door, he heads towards the house.

Kaitainny

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Waffles
If it helps any we have ants, but they seem to be around where the driveway and walkway are. So Waffles gets taken into the middle part of the yard. I try to make sure there is nothing in the yard that will look appealing. Although i guess I “missed“ a leaf?! What the hell is appealing about a leaf? And it fell from the tree, she ran for it, bit it and ran away.
We have roots from a previous tree in our yard that she will stand on too. We have trees, but she wants to be in the sun part of our yard and avoids the shade of the trees.
There have been flies in our yard a lot recently and she looks at them, but doesn’t seem to want to eat them. One landed on her and she ignored it.
While she is out she does not seem as interested in licking everything the way she does in the house and her tank. I am guessing it is because there is so much to see. She has eaten a few pieces of clover out of the yard, and I am continually watching to make sure she is ok, but the cat eats the grass and clovers, so I am not as worried.
Before we put her on the grass we clear all the dead leaves, but there is not much here. It’s Maine and we have flower beds, but she doesnt go near them. Our yard is just a grassy area in the sun.
She really just wants to get dark, flatten out and sunbathe. Or poop. She definitely likes to poop outside. The lawn mower goes over the land mines great with no harm to me :) I was worried she would only go outside but she left me a great big one in her cage yesterday.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Chomp before i lost her would let herself in and out of the house. (My back yard is escape proof so i can let them down to explore) she would hang out in the sun till she was done then come in and sit in front of her viv till i put her in.
Snickers don't like being out there and will run right back in the house as quick as she gets down.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom