Morph id

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
1693056367138.jpeg

Just curious, what morph do you guys think he is? He was sold to me as a high colour hypo het trans beardie but does his colour morph have an exact name?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beautiful dragon. :) Can you get pics of the parents ? Otherwise you have to take the word of the breeder that it's het. for any of the morphs mentioned. Are all of the nails clear with no grey/black line running through ? If so it IS a hypo. As for color, it is what you see, a nice high color orange and that's what you'd call it.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Beautiful dragon. :) Can you get pics of the parents ? Otherwise you have to take the word of the breeder that it's het. for any of the morphs mentioned. Are all of the nails clear with no grey/black line running through ? If so it IS a hypo. As for color, it is what you see, a nice high color orange and that's what you'd call it.
I can’t get the pictures of his parents but he is certainly a hypo, his nails are completely clear! Thanks,

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Colors are not morphs. Morph is a nice way of saying mutations. Hypo for example (since he is one) (hypo ='s hypomelanistic) is a reduction in black pigment. Translucent is a complete absence of white pigment. Dunner and leatherback are scale mutations. Zero, witblits and wero are all pattern mutations. All involve deviations in the chromosomes that make up their dna. Colors just depend on what both parents look like and can vary wildly in siblings of the same parents. Think of it like this, morphs are forced change in gentics do to being hardwired into their dna, colors are a blending just like mixing paint. If you add a little more of the stud and a little less of the dame you get this color, but change the ratios and it's that color.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom