Meet Travis!!!!!! updated 03/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Oh, I remember Kazi finding his LOL! Plus, Huff has only just recently discovered what other beardies are and how to be all hormonal! I swear, I have a panic attack every time he starts his madness. Today, he figured he could fly :shock: It is not nice to see your special rescue dragon with MBD, flying across his viv from a height of approx 14 inches and landing SPLAT on a rock :shock: Im still trying to calm myself! It took me an hour to settle him tonight for bed too! All this crazy activity is taking its toll on him too - im starting to wonder if that is the reason why he is losing weight!!

Anyway, Travis did his first arm wave tonight!! I was gutted that I couldnt record it to post a video :( He caught a glimpse of Huff during his 'funny half hour' and so Travis waved for about an hour LOL!

Just measured and weighed him so as of 5 minutes ago, Travis is 13.75 inches and 131g!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Aww....your baby is growing nicely. :D

So sorry to hear about the camera tragedy. :(
Video of a sweet widdle arm-wave would have been cute. :)
Hope you don't have to go without for long...not with a precious little one in the house.

So Phoebe and Huff are keeping you busy, huh?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Phoebe isn't too bad- for once, I'm not too concerned about her. Hopefuly her WBC will come back up to normal!
As for Huff-it is madness. I started him on reptaid which seems to be helping his poops but his 'spring fever' is getting worse... I'm not even sure if he wants to mate Phoebe or attempt to eat her :shock: He is just so violent in how he flings himself around... Almost like he hasn't figured out what is going on if that makes sense?? To me, his behaviour is that of a 'frustrated' juvie rather than a 'frustrated' adult (I'm using frustrated as I don't know if the word I want to use will show up LOL!)

Travis is going good. I should be able to get a couple pics up later... Hopefully!!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hey! I hope you are able to work out pic's. :)

Male beardies are such a riot when they are hormonal. They kind of make you feel bad for them. :lol:

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Congrats on your new baby....Travis is gorgeous!!! :shock: :love10:
I love the 1st pic of all the babies checking things out :love5: :lol:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Travis is soo cute! I'm sorry you can't get new pics up. BTW: How is the job going? If I remember right, it was temporary, is it still going on? I'm glad you have a job, even if for only a little while.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
A riot, Barbara? More like, turning me grey!!! Huff is INSANE!! He actually thinks he can fly!!!

Thanks for looking, Michelle! Isnt he a little sweetheart?!

Hi Lori, yep, Im still working. My contract ends on the 27th December but, I applied for a job in one of their other stores and they called me back today... As im already part of the company (technically), I just have to send in an internal application form, validated by our 'People' manager. Then I wont have to go through the whole interview/training process again so Im going to try to organise that tomorrow.

Now, here are a few pics... they arent great but at least they are something!!!
DSCF4024.jpg

DSCF4025.jpg

DSCF4026.jpg

DSCF4028.jpg

DSCF4027.jpg

DSCF4030.jpg

DSCF4032.jpg

I dont know if I posted this one already... but I think it is cute, so here it is again...
DSCF4006-1.jpg

And, one of him the day he arrived :D
SAM_0010.jpg

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
So he has officially doubled in weight since you got him! yay! Going into another body shed..looks like fun :roll:

Glad work is going well for you :)

Kalyn

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Doubled + 15 grams! lol! He is a little monster! I *think* he might actually be bigger than Thor was at this age :shock:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Holy cow! Travis is huge! Hard to believe that he's only 4 months old. At the rate he's growing, you'll need to start feeding him sides of beef soon :laughing6:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
So Travis is 4 months now? @ 131 grams? How long?

Looking back Thor was a late bloomer (lol) but, once it kicked in, he took off.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Christina,
Well now you know what spring fever is all about. My boys are the same way, once they've done their brumation they wake up & go crazy. It's also why I fatten them up as much as I can over the summer as when they wake up from their sleep they can lose huge amounts of weight. Leo, Lonzo & Rubio all lost 100g last year when they went through their spring fever. They were all absolutely nuts. Jumping around like crazy, so funny to watch. I'm not sure what you can do about Huff, it's really hard to stop them, but he'll calm down in a few weeks, I'm sure :mrgreen: The Reptaid will help him gain weight, too, once he's done with prancing around & yes, they all think they can fly during spring fever. What I did with Lonzo, I took everything out of his tank that he could fly off of, or fall off of, so that stopped the flying around the tank thing.

Travis is so cute, don't you love the arm waving? When Rubio & Issy were 5 mo old, Rubio discovered he could make a black beard (seriously, he'd go cross-eyed watching his beard get big) and Issy would wave at him for ages, it just was too cute. He's just letting Huff & Phoebe know that he's little & not food!

Thanks for the great pics, he sure is growing fast!
Hugs
Deb

I'm crossing my fingers that you get the job you're going to applly for & isn't it great that you can apply internally. GOOD LUCK!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Apologies for the lack of update but I have been findng it hard to keep track via my phone!! Now computer is sorted, it should be move easier!!

LOL! Gina, I think you are right! He is eating soooo much. Today I had to limit him to 40 crickets since the store were all out! Will be getting fresh ones tomoro so he can go to town on those.

Michael, sorry, I just saw this now... He is 4 months and 2 weeks old now. He measures 14.8 inches and weighs 151 grams as of last night. This was a 'post-poop' weight LOL! In the space of 1 week, he has grown 1.05 inches and put on 20 grams.

Deb, I really do worry about Huff. He is down to 400 grams :( He seems to be holding steady there though so hopefully that will continue and he will start remembering that he likes to eat :( I have been trying to feed him more protein but he just doesnt seem interested.

Travis has been slow bobbing at Phoebe... I guess he sees her as a giant threat since she is 4 times as heavy as him and would surely squash him if she got near him LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom